Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

2-User ADS 71

9 posts in Networking Last posting was on 2009-07-13 17:40:54.0Z
Benedictum Posted on 2009-07-04 14:25:38.0Z
From: "Benedictum" <Benedictus@dominusvobis.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
Subject: 2-User ADS 71
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 09:25:38 -0500
Lines: 11
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
NNTP-Posting-Host: 67.186.83.195
Message-ID: <4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 4 Jul 2009 08:24:38 -0700, 67.186.83.195
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!67.186.83.195
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:873
Article PK: 1132286

I have been using this version in my development server. It works fine on a
local network, but I have problems in trying to access it via WAN
(Internet). Is there a built in restriction that prevents it from being
accessed? Also, at this stage of development I do not use any password. I do
not see any reason why that would prevent me from accessing the database
"internetally".

any thoughts?


Mark Wilkins Posted on 2009-07-06 14:24:06.0Z
From: "Mark Wilkins" <mark@no.email>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
References: <4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: 2-User ADS 71
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 08:24:06 -0600
Lines: 23
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.38.228
Message-ID: <4a5208c9@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 6 Jul 2009 08:23:05 -0700, 10.24.38.228
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.38.228
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:874
Article PK: 1132287

Hi,

It should work fine. What error do you get?

Mark Wilkins
Advantage R&D

"Benedictum" <Benedictus@dominusvobis.com> wrote in message
news:4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>I have been using this version in my development server. It works fine on a
> local network, but I have problems in trying to access it via WAN
> (Internet). Is there a built in restriction that prevents it from being
> accessed? Also, at this stage of development I do not use any password. I
> do
> not see any reason why that would prevent me from accessing the database
> "internetally".
>
> any thoughts?
>
>
>


Benedictum Posted on 2009-07-06 15:17:01.0Z
From: "Benedictum" <dominus@vobis.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
References: <4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a5208c9@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: 2-User ADS 71
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 10:17:01 -0500
Lines: 32
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3350
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 70.228.221.230
Message-ID: <4a521534@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 6 Jul 2009 09:16:04 -0700, 70.228.221.230
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!70.228.221.230
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:875
Article PK: 1132285

error 5004. I also made sure that proper port settings on the router are
made. User logins and checking of user rights are unchecked.

"Mark Wilkins" <mark@no.email> wrote in message
news:4a5208c9@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Hi,
>
> It should work fine. What error do you get?
>
> Mark Wilkins
> Advantage R&D
>
> "Benedictum" <Benedictus@dominusvobis.com> wrote in message
> news:4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>>I have been using this version in my development server. It works fine on
>>a
>> local network, but I have problems in trying to access it via WAN
>> (Internet). Is there a built in restriction that prevents it from being
>> accessed? Also, at this stage of development I do not use any password. I
>> do
>> not see any reason why that would prevent me from accessing the database
>> "internetally".
>>
>> any thoughts?
>>
>>
>>
>
>


Mark Wilkins Posted on 2009-07-06 16:52:57.0Z
From: "Mark Wilkins" <mark@no.email>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
References: <4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a5208c9@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a521534@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: 2-User ADS 71
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 10:52:57 -0600
Lines: 49
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.38.228
Message-ID: <4a522bab@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 6 Jul 2009 10:51:55 -0700, 10.24.38.228
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.38.228
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:876
Article PK: 1132288

The 5004 error indicates that you are using rights checking (a client-side
check for the existence of a file). It is quite possible that the client
cannot access that file. The help file has some information about it:

http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/WebHelp/Advantage9.1/mergedProjects/adserror/err5xxx/5004_ae_file_not_found.htm

Some information about rights checking:
http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/WebHelp/Advantage9.1/mergedProjects/adserror/err5xxx/5004_ae_file_not_found.htm

Mark Wilkins
Advantage R&D

"Benedictum" <dominus@vobis.com> wrote in message
news:4a521534@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> error 5004. I also made sure that proper port settings on the router are
> made. User logins and checking of user rights are unchecked.
>
>
> "Mark Wilkins" <mark@no.email> wrote in message
> news:4a5208c9@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> It should work fine. What error do you get?
>>
>> Mark Wilkins
>> Advantage R&D
>>
>> "Benedictum" <Benedictus@dominusvobis.com> wrote in message
>> news:4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>>>I have been using this version in my development server. It works fine on
>>>a
>>> local network, but I have problems in trying to access it via WAN
>>> (Internet). Is there a built in restriction that prevents it from being
>>> accessed? Also, at this stage of development I do not use any password.
>>> I do
>>> not see any reason why that would prevent me from accessing the database
>>> "internetally".
>>>
>>> any thoughts?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>


Benedictum Posted on 2009-07-06 17:51:59.0Z
From: "Benedictum" <dominus@vobis.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
References: <4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a5208c9@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a521534@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a522bab@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: 2-User ADS 71
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 12:51:59 -0500
Lines: 56
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3350
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 70.228.221.230
Message-ID: <4a523983@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 6 Jul 2009 11:50:59 -0700, 70.228.221.230
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!70.228.221.230
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:877
Article PK: 1132289

shouldn't I be able to open it though via ARC?

"Mark Wilkins" <mark@no.email> wrote in message
news:4a522bab@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> The 5004 error indicates that you are using rights checking (a client-side
> check for the existence of a file). It is quite possible that the client
> cannot access that file. The help file has some information about it:
>
> http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/WebHelp/Advantage9.1/mergedProjects/adserror/err5xxx/5004_ae_file_not_found.htm
>
> Some information about rights checking:
> http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/WebHelp/Advantage9.1/mergedProjects/adserror/err5xxx/5004_ae_file_not_found.htm
>
> Mark Wilkins
> Advantage R&D
>
>
> "Benedictum" <dominus@vobis.com> wrote in message
> news:4a521534@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>> error 5004. I also made sure that proper port settings on the router are
>> made. User logins and checking of user rights are unchecked.
>>
>>
>> "Mark Wilkins" <mark@no.email> wrote in message
>> news:4a5208c9@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It should work fine. What error do you get?
>>>
>>> Mark Wilkins
>>> Advantage R&D
>>>
>>> "Benedictum" <Benedictus@dominusvobis.com> wrote in message
>>> news:4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>>>>I have been using this version in my development server. It works fine
>>>>on a
>>>> local network, but I have problems in trying to access it via WAN
>>>> (Internet). Is there a built in restriction that prevents it from being
>>>> accessed? Also, at this stage of development I do not use any password.
>>>> I do
>>>> not see any reason why that would prevent me from accessing the
>>>> database
>>>> "internetally".
>>>>
>>>> any thoughts?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>


Mark Wilkins Posted on 2009-07-06 19:45:38.0Z
From: "Mark Wilkins" <mark@no.email>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
References: <4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a5208c9@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a521534@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a522bab@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a523983@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: 2-User ADS 71
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:45:38 -0600
Lines: 11
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.38.228
Message-ID: <4a525425@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 6 Jul 2009 13:44:37 -0700, 10.24.38.228
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.38.228
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:878
Article PK: 1132291

Yes. Make sure the "Check Rights" option is not checked.

Mark Wilkins
Advantage R&D

"Benedictum" <dominus@vobis.com> wrote in message
news:4a523983@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> shouldn't I be able to open it though via ARC?
>


Benedictum Posted on 2009-07-08 03:15:37.0Z
From: "Benedictum" <Benedictus@dominusvobis.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
References: <4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a5208c9@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a521534@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a522bab@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a523983@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a525425@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: 2-User ADS 71
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 22:15:37 -0500
Lines: 17
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: 67.186.83.195
Message-ID: <4a540f1c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 7 Jul 2009 21:14:36 -0700, 67.186.83.195
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!67.186.83.195
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:879
Article PK: 1132290

I did as you suggested. I still could not access the server.

"Mark Wilkins" <mark@no.email> wrote in message
news:4a525425@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Yes. Make sure the "Check Rights" option is not checked.
>
> Mark Wilkins
> Advantage R&D
>
> "Benedictum" <dominus@vobis.com> wrote in message
> news:4a523983@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>> shouldn't I be able to open it though via ARC?
>>
>
>


Joachim Duerr (ADS) Posted on 2009-07-08 08:36:04.0Z
From: "Joachim Duerr (ADS)" <jojo.duerr@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: 2-User ADS 71
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
References: <4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a5208c9@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a521534@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a522bab@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a523983@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a525425@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a540f1c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
User-Agent: XanaNews/1.19.1.194
X-Face: u2p+</,mb|Ah!x!/qxX5q0t:O~.<1&JzwNHYhSqcviY{~&|iDc"U.Je1A.ZeHR`d;;y#R
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.56.66.155
Message-ID: <4a544c64@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2009 01:36:04 -0700
X-Trace: 8 Jul 2009 01:36:04 -0700, 10.56.66.155
Lines: 10
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.56.66.155
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:880
Article PK: 1132292


Benedictum wrote:

>I did as you suggested. I still could not access the server.

what error code? Still 5004, which should not be possible?

--
Joachim Duerr
Advantage Presales
check out my new ADS book on http://www.jd-engineering.de/adsbuch


Edgar Sherman Posted on 2009-07-13 17:40:54.0Z
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:40:54 -0600
From: Edgar Sherman <no@email.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.22 (Windows/20090605)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: Advantage.Networking
Subject: Re: 2-User ADS 71
References: <4a4f6626@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a5208c9@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a521534@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a522bab@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a523983@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a525425@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a540f1c@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4a544c64@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4a544c64@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.34.164
Message-ID: <4a5b7157@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 13 Jul 2009 11:39:35 -0700, 10.24.34.164
Lines: 16
X-Authenticated-User: upreview
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.34.164
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:881
Article PK: 1132293

5004 on a dictionary usually means that the path is incorrect. double
check the ip / port is forwarding to the appropriate server (if ip is
not that of the actual server already) and double check the share name
is not mis-typed.

http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/dz/content.aspx?Key=17&RefNo=050812-1730

Edgar

Joachim Duerr (ADS) wrote:
> Benedictum wrote:
>
>> I did as you suggested. I still could not access the server.
>
> what error code? Still 5004, which should not be possible?
>