Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Issue with SaveAS PDF

4 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2009-09-02 14:49:39.0Z
Roland Smith [TeamSybase] Posted on 2009-09-01 17:31:59.0Z
From: "Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Issue with SaveAS PDF
Lines: 17
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a9d5a8f$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 1 Sep 2009 10:31:59 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1251826319 10.22.241.152 (1 Sep 2009 10:31:59 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 1 Sep 2009 10:31:59 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:89874
Article PK: 419062

I am saving datawindow reports to PDF. They appear to work perfectly fine
until one of my users decided to select text from within Acrobat and they
get something like this:
$PRXQWRI(VWLPDWH

That should read:

Amount of Estimate:

I am using Ghostscript 8.64 and PowerBuilder 9.0.3 although I have tried it
under PB10 with the same result.

Thanks in advance,

Roland


Arnd Schmidt Posted on 2009-09-01 19:26:55.0Z
From: Arnd Schmidt <arnd.schmidt@gmx.de>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Issue with SaveAS PDF
Message-ID: <8hsq95tuhkojnr4mnallauu1n6ogqfp1k1@4ax.com>
References: <4a9d5a8f$1@forums-1-dub>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.8/32.548
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Date: 1 Sep 2009 12:26:55 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1251833215 10.22.241.152 (1 Sep 2009 12:26:55 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 1 Sep 2009 12:26:55 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 38
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:89876
Article PK: 419064

Hi Roland,

I had the same issue using PB 9.0.3 at the customers site.

Which printer driver do you use as "Datawindow PS"?

Try using the ghostscript printer driver from the ghostscript bin directory..

Something like...

rundll32.exe printui.dll, PrintUIEntry /q /if /f .\ghostpdf.inf /b "Sybase DataWindow PS" /m "Ghostscript PDF" /r "FILE:"

hth

Arnd

On 1 Sep 2009 10:31:59 -0700, "Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com> wrote:

>I am saving datawindow reports to PDF. They appear to work perfectly fine
>until one of my users decided to select text from within Acrobat and they
>get something like this:
>$PRXQW

RI
(VWLPDWH
>
>That should read:
>
>Amount of Estimate:
>
>I am using Ghostscript 8.64 and PowerBuilder 9.0.3 although I have tried it
>under PB10 with the same result.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Roland
>


Scott Morris Posted on 2009-09-01 20:19:07.0Z
From: "Scott Morris" <bogus@bogus.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4a9d5a8f$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Issue with SaveAS PDF
Lines: 20
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a9d81bb$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 1 Sep 2009 13:19:07 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1251836347 10.22.241.152 (1 Sep 2009 13:19:07 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 1 Sep 2009 13:19:07 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:89877
Article PK: 419065


"Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com> wrote in message
news:4a9d5a8f$1@forums-1-dub...
>I am saving datawindow reports to PDF. They appear to work perfectly fine
>until one of my users decided to select text from within Acrobat and they
>get something like this:
> $PRXQWRI(VWLPDWH
>
> That should read:
>
> Amount of Estimate:
>
> I am using Ghostscript 8.64 and PowerBuilder 9.0.3 although I have tried
> it under PB10 with the same result.

I find the HP postscript driver (for my particular model - LJ 4250) works.
More info in the following

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&as_q=searchable+pdf&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&scoring=&lr=&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=2009&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2009&as_ugroup=sybase.public.powerbuilder.*&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&safe=off


Roland Smith [TeamSybase] Posted on 2009-09-02 14:49:39.0Z
From: "Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4a9d5a8f$1@forums-1-dub> <4a9d81bb$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Issue with SaveAS PDF
Lines: 26
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4a9e8603$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 2 Sep 2009 07:49:39 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1251902979 10.22.241.152 (2 Sep 2009 07:49:39 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 2 Sep 2009 07:49:39 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:89880
Article PK: 419068

I recreated the printer using "HP LaserJet 6P/6MP PostScript" and it works
great. The files are a lot smaller as well.

"Scott Morris" <bogus@bogus.com> wrote in message
news:4a9d81bb$1@forums-1-dub...
> "Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com> wrote in message
> news:4a9d5a8f$1@forums-1-dub...
>>I am saving datawindow reports to PDF. They appear to work perfectly fine
>>until one of my users decided to select text from within Acrobat and they
>>get something like this:
>> $PRXQWRI(VWLPDWH
>>
>> That should read:
>>
>> Amount of Estimate:
>>
>> I am using Ghostscript 8.64 and PowerBuilder 9.0.3 although I have tried
>> it under PB10 with the same result.
>
> I find the HP postscript driver (for my particular model - LJ 4250) works.
> More info in the following
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&as_q=searchable+pdf&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&scoring=&lr=&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=2009&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=1&as_maxy=2009&as_ugroup=sybase.public.powerbuilder.*&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&safe=off
>