Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

iPhone Push Notification and Notification Provider DLL

6 posts in Mobile Office 5.7 Beta Last posting was on 2009-09-16 22:54:12.0Z
Melkon Torosyan Posted on 2009-09-14 11:11:08.0Z
From: "Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta
Subject: iPhone Push Notification and Notification Provider DLL
Lines: 1108
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002E_01CA353C.D415AA60"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18049
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4aae24cc@forums-1-dub>
Date: 14 Sep 2009 04:11:08 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1252926668 10.22.241.152 (14 Sep 2009 04:11:08 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Sep 2009 04:11:08 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta:110
Article PK: 9756

Hi,

I was testing today the iPhone Push Notification Service. During my tests, I
was not getting only the Apple notification. Every time, I had a new item, I
got also a SMS from the SMS Notification Service. See the attachment.

Server: 5.7.2009.0902
iPhone Client: 5.7.2009.0904

But there is now switch for iPhone to enable or disable this feature, what
is right...

This SIM Card is only used on the iPhone.

Could you please verify that in your lab?

Thanks Melkon

push 001.PNG

Melkon Torosyan Posted on 2009-09-14 11:32:41.0Z
From: "Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta
References: <4aae24cc@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4aae24cc@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: iPhone Push Notification and Notification Provider DLL
Lines: 32
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18049
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4aae29d9$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 14 Sep 2009 04:32:41 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1252927961 10.22.241.152 (14 Sep 2009 04:32:41 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Sep 2009 04:32:41 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta:111
Article PK: 9758

Update,

The problem occurs only, when you register an iPhone user with "Sent SMS
activation Message".

bye Melkon

"Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch> wrote in message
news:4aae24cc@forums-1-dub...
> Hi,
>
> I was testing today the iPhone Push Notification Service. During my tests,
> I
> was not getting only the Apple notification. Every time, I had a new item,
> I
> got also a SMS from the SMS Notification Service. See the attachment.
>
> Server: 5.7.2009.0902
> iPhone Client: 5.7.2009.0904
>
> But there is now switch for iPhone to enable or disable this feature, what
> is right...
>
> This SIM Card is only used on the iPhone.
>
> Could you please verify that in your lab?
>
> Thanks Melkon
>
>


Diane Amdor Posted on 2009-09-14 16:50:37.0Z
From: "Diane Amdor" <dianea@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta
References: <4aae24cc@forums-1-dub> <4aae29d9$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: iPhone Push Notification and Notification Provider DLL
Lines: 44
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4aae745d$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 14 Sep 2009 09:50:37 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1252947037 10.22.241.152 (14 Sep 2009 09:50:37 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Sep 2009 09:50:37 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: zte
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta:114
Article PK: 9759

Hello Melkon,

Thanks for this information. I have posted it as a bug.

Regards,
Diane

"Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch> wrote in message
news:4aae29d9$1@forums-1-dub...
> Update,
>
> The problem occurs only, when you register an iPhone user with "Sent SMS
> activation Message".
>
> bye Melkon
>
>
> "Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch> wrote in message
> news:4aae24cc@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was testing today the iPhone Push Notification Service. During my
>> tests, I
>> was not getting only the Apple notification. Every time, I had a new
>> item, I
>> got also a SMS from the SMS Notification Service. See the attachment.
>>
>> Server: 5.7.2009.0902
>> iPhone Client: 5.7.2009.0904
>>
>> But there is now switch for iPhone to enable or disable this feature,
>> what
>> is right...
>>
>> This SIM Card is only used on the iPhone.
>>
>> Could you please verify that in your lab?
>>
>> Thanks Melkon
>>
>>
>


Diane Amdor Posted on 2009-09-14 22:30:37.0Z
From: "Diane Amdor" <dianea@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta
References: <4aae24cc@forums-1-dub> <4aae29d9$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: iPhone Push Notification and Notification Provider DLL
Lines: 59
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4aaec40d$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 14 Sep 2009 15:30:37 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1252967437 10.22.241.152 (14 Sep 2009 15:30:37 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Sep 2009 15:30:37 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: zte
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta:116
Article PK: 9761

Hello Melkon,

Following are some questions/details from engineering...

1. Is the SMS push enabled in the notificationProvider.xml on the testing
IMO server?

2. Is SMS push enabled for the testing iPhone device?



If both answer are true, then it is expected to send the SMS push
notification to the iPhone device. There is no requirement mentioned to
handle SMS push differently for iPhone device.



Regards,

Diane

"Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch> wrote in message
news:4aae29d9$1@forums-1-dub...
> Update,
>
> The problem occurs only, when you register an iPhone user with "Sent SMS
> activation Message".
>
> bye Melkon
>
>
> "Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch> wrote in message
> news:4aae24cc@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was testing today the iPhone Push Notification Service. During my
>> tests, I
>> was not getting only the Apple notification. Every time, I had a new
>> item, I
>> got also a SMS from the SMS Notification Service. See the attachment.
>>
>> Server: 5.7.2009.0902
>> iPhone Client: 5.7.2009.0904
>>
>> But there is now switch for iPhone to enable or disable this feature,
>> what
>> is right...
>>
>> This SIM Card is only used on the iPhone.
>>
>> Could you please verify that in your lab?
>>
>> Thanks Melkon
>>
>>
>


Melkon Torosyan Posted on 2009-09-15 07:59:37.0Z
From: "Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta
References: <4aae24cc@forums-1-dub> <4aae29d9$1@forums-1-dub> <4aaec40d$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4aaec40d$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: iPhone Push Notification and Notification Provider DLL
Lines: 84
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.6001.18000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6001.18049
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4aaf4969$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 15 Sep 2009 00:59:37 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1253001577 10.22.241.152 (15 Sep 2009 00:59:37 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Sep 2009 00:59:37 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta:118
Article PK: 9762

Hi Diane,

Here my details:

- SMS push is configured and on my default template enabled
- I do a new registration of a user and choose the "Sent SMS activation
Message"
- by accident this user has an iPhone
- As soon an iPhone device is connected you cannot disable SMS Push. Menu
option is hidden.
- To get this SMS notification disabled, the user must be deleted form the
server or you can delete his SMS address under User Registration. otherwise
he will get SMS notifications.

I think there is a small piece of logical missing, that when an iPhone is
connected SMS notification must be disabled per default.

If SMS push is disabled on the default template everything is working fine.

bye Melkon

"Diane Amdor" <dianea@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:4aaec40d$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hello Melkon,
>
> Following are some questions/details from engineering...
>
> 1. Is the SMS push enabled in the notificationProvider.xml on the testing
> IMO server?
>
> 2. Is SMS push enabled for the testing iPhone device?
>
>
>
> If both answer are true, then it is expected to send the SMS push
> notification to the iPhone device. There is no requirement mentioned to
> handle SMS push differently for iPhone device.
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Diane
>
>
> "Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch> wrote in message
> news:4aae29d9$1@forums-1-dub...
>> Update,
>>
>> The problem occurs only, when you register an iPhone user with "Sent SMS
>> activation Message".
>>
>> bye Melkon
>>
>>
>> "Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch> wrote in message
>> news:4aae24cc@forums-1-dub...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was testing today the iPhone Push Notification Service. During my
>>> tests, I
>>> was not getting only the Apple notification. Every time, I had a new
>>> item, I
>>> got also a SMS from the SMS Notification Service. See the attachment.
>>>
>>> Server: 5.7.2009.0902
>>> iPhone Client: 5.7.2009.0904
>>>
>>> But there is now switch for iPhone to enable or disable this feature,
>>> what
>>> is right...
>>>
>>> This SIM Card is only used on the iPhone.
>>>
>>> Could you please verify that in your lab?
>>>
>>> Thanks Melkon
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>


Diane Amdor Posted on 2009-09-16 22:54:12.0Z
From: "Diane Amdor" <dianea@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta
References: <4aae24cc@forums-1-dub> <4aae29d9$1@forums-1-dub> <4aaec40d$1@forums-1-dub> <4aaf4969$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: iPhone Push Notification and Notification Provider DLL
Lines: 99
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ab16c94$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 16 Sep 2009 15:54:12 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1253141652 10.22.241.152 (16 Sep 2009 15:54:12 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Sep 2009 15:54:12 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: zte
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta:135
Article PK: 18081

Hello Melkon,

Thanks for this information. A bug has been logged and fixed, however, not
in time to get into the release. If it's a priority to have this fixed for a
future hotfix, please raise this escalation to the technical support team in
Germany. Reference Bug 30672.

Regards,
Diane

"Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch> wrote in message
news:4aaf4969$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hi Diane,
>
> Here my details:
>
> - SMS push is configured and on my default template enabled
> - I do a new registration of a user and choose the "Sent SMS activation
> Message"
> - by accident this user has an iPhone
> - As soon an iPhone device is connected you cannot disable SMS Push. Menu
> option is hidden.
> - To get this SMS notification disabled, the user must be deleted form the
> server or you can delete his SMS address under User Registration.
> otherwise he will get SMS notifications.
>
> I think there is a small piece of logical missing, that when an iPhone is
> connected SMS notification must be disabled per default.
>
> If SMS push is disabled on the default template everything is working
> fine.
>
> bye Melkon
>
>
> "Diane Amdor" <dianea@sybase.com> wrote in message
> news:4aaec40d$1@forums-1-dub...
>> Hello Melkon,
>>
>> Following are some questions/details from engineering...
>>
>> 1. Is the SMS push enabled in the notificationProvider.xml on the testing
>> IMO server?
>>
>> 2. Is SMS push enabled for the testing iPhone device?
>>
>>
>>
>> If both answer are true, then it is expected to send the SMS push
>> notification to the iPhone device. There is no requirement mentioned to
>> handle SMS push differently for iPhone device.
>>
>>
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Diane
>>
>>
>> "Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch> wrote in message
>> news:4aae29d9$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> Update,
>>>
>>> The problem occurs only, when you register an iPhone user with "Sent SMS
>>> activation Message".
>>>
>>> bye Melkon
>>>
>>>
>>> "Melkon Torosyan" <m.torosyan@comdirect.ch> wrote in message
>>> news:4aae24cc@forums-1-dub...
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I was testing today the iPhone Push Notification Service. During my
>>>> tests, I
>>>> was not getting only the Apple notification. Every time, I had a new
>>>> item, I
>>>> got also a SMS from the SMS Notification Service. See the attachment.
>>>>
>>>> Server: 5.7.2009.0902
>>>> iPhone Client: 5.7.2009.0904
>>>>
>>>> But there is now switch for iPhone to enable or disable this feature,
>>>> what
>>>> is right...
>>>>
>>>> This SIM Card is only used on the iPhone.
>>>>
>>>> Could you please verify that in your lab?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks Melkon
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>