Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

editmask unusable in 11.5.1.4566

5 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2009-09-28 14:07:37.0Z
ps <ps Posted on 2009-09-14 14:53:10.0Z
From: ps <ps@.>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.22 (Windows/20090605)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: editmask unusable in 11.5.1.4566
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4aae58d6@forums-1-dub>
Date: 14 Sep 2009 07:53:10 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1252939990 10.22.241.152 (14 Sep 2009 07:53:10 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Sep 2009 07:53:10 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 13
X-Authenticated-User: powerbuilder
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:89949
Article PK: 419137

Beware
In 11.5.1.4566, if a dw column ( based on a decimal(x,2)) is an
editmask , AND if it has a format defined as ###,##0.00 and "use format"
is checked, the amount is multiplied by 100 !!

if it is an EDIT, the same occurs when specifying ###,##0.00 in the
format field in the format tab, but the result is rounded !

In fact, it works if the format is defined as #,##0.00, OR
###?###,##0.00 but I cannot change all the dws for an ebf...
The culprit seems to be the exact format ###,##0.00

In PB 11.5.1.4011, everything is OK...


Craig Kazial Posted on 2009-09-14 18:17:10.0Z
Reply-To: "Craig Kazial" <ckazial@uniland.com>
From: "Craig Kazial" <ckazial@uniland.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4aae58d6@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: editmask unusable in 11.5.1.4566
Lines: 25
Organization: Uniland
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4aae88a6$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 14 Sep 2009 11:17:10 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1252952230 10.22.241.152 (14 Sep 2009 11:17:10 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Sep 2009 11:17:10 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:89952
Article PK: 419140

Hmm and I have a problem with the negative display formats in 4566
[datawindow display format thread, below]

Along with this I hope we can put all of this behind us in 4571+

I think we may have seen the rounding error, going to check that one
I don't think we've seen the *100 yet though (!)

"ps" <ps@.> wrote in message news:4aae58d6@forums-1-dub...
> Beware
> In 11.5.1.4566, if a dw column ( based on a decimal(x,2)) is an editmask
> , AND if it has a format defined as ###,##0.00 and "use format" is
> checked, the amount is multiplied by 100 !!
>
> if it is an EDIT, the same occurs when specifying ###,##0.00 in the format
> field in the format tab, but the result is rounded !
>
> In fact, it works if the format is defined as #,##0.00, OR ###?###,##0.00
> but I cannot change all the dws for an ebf...
> The culprit seems to be the exact format ###,##0.00
>
> In PB 11.5.1.4011, everything is OK...


Craig Kazial Posted on 2009-09-25 17:41:59.0Z
Reply-To: "Craig Kazial" <ckazial@uniland.com>
From: "Craig Kazial" <ckazial@uniland.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4aae58d6@forums-1-dub> <4aae88a6$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: editmask unusable in 11.5.1.4566
Lines: 47
Organization: Uniland
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4abd00e7@forums-1-dub>
Date: 25 Sep 2009 10:41:59 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1253900519 10.22.241.152 (25 Sep 2009 10:41:59 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 25 Sep 2009 10:41:59 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90003
Article PK: 419189

We've also run into the rounding problem, I'm going to be forced into
workarounds for this issue along with negatives not displaying as intended
(showing a minus when defined as red and to use '(#)').

REALLY need the next EBF update here for PB11.5.1 or we're going to be
forced into trying workarounds for a lot of datawindows by our customers,
and wishing we delayed our (long awaited) move from PB8.

[Checking the site I only see an update for PB11.2 in September, and I'm not
sure it'd do the trick, and we'd rather not have to go through the pain of
going backwards, either.]

Any help Sybase? :(

Or short EBF help, is the 'best' answer to go back to PB 11.5.1.4011 if
indeed everything works there?

"Craig Kazial" <ckazial@uniland.com> wrote in message
news:4aae88a6$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hmm and I have a problem with the negative display formats in 4566
> [datawindow display format thread, below]
>
> Along with this I hope we can put all of this behind us in 4571+
>
> I think we may have seen the rounding error, going to check that one
> I don't think we've seen the *100 yet though (!)
>
>
> "ps" <ps@.> wrote in message news:4aae58d6@forums-1-dub...
>> Beware
>> In 11.5.1.4566, if a dw column ( based on a decimal(x,2)) is an editmask
>> , AND if it has a format defined as ###,##0.00 and "use format" is
>> checked, the amount is multiplied by 100 !!
>>
>> if it is an EDIT, the same occurs when specifying ###,##0.00 in the
>> format field in the format tab, but the result is rounded !
>>
>> In fact, it works if the format is defined as #,##0.00, OR ###?###,##0.00
>> but I cannot change all the dws for an ebf...
>> The culprit seems to be the exact format ###,##0.00
>>
>> In PB 11.5.1.4011, everything is OK...
>
>


Tyler Cruse Posted on 2009-09-28 02:31:33.0Z
Reply-To: "Tyler Cruse" <tcruse@trlx.com>
From: "Tyler Cruse" <tcruse@trlx.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4aae58d6@forums-1-dub> <4aae88a6$1@forums-1-dub> <4abd00e7@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4abd00e7@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: editmask unusable in 11.5.1.4566
Lines: 1
Organization: Trellix Engineering
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
Importance: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Live Mail 14.0.8064.206
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V14.0.8064.206
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ac02005$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 27 Sep 2009 19:31:33 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1254105093 10.22.241.152 (27 Sep 2009 19:31:33 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 27 Sep 2009 19:31:33 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90006
Article PK: 419191

You might try just replacing the PBDWE115.DLL from previous EBF (PB
11.5.1.4011) to fix the two issues that you mention. This works for me.

"Craig Kazial" <ckazial@uniland.com> wrote in message
news:4abd00e7@forums-1-dub...
> We've also run into the rounding problem, I'm going to be forced into
> workarounds for this issue along with negatives not displaying as intended
> (showing a minus when defined as red and to use '(#)').
>
> REALLY need the next EBF update here for PB11.5.1 or we're going to be
> forced into trying workarounds for a lot of datawindows by our customers,
> and wishing we delayed our (long awaited) move from PB8.
>
> [Checking the site I only see an update for PB11.2 in September, and I'm
> not sure it'd do the trick, and we'd rather not have to go through the
> pain of going backwards, either.]
>
> Any help Sybase? :(
>
> Or short EBF help, is the 'best' answer to go back to PB 11.5.1.4011 if
> indeed everything works there?
>
>
> "Craig Kazial" <ckazial@uniland.com> wrote in message
> news:4aae88a6$1@forums-1-dub...
>> Hmm and I have a problem with the negative display formats in 4566
>> [datawindow display format thread, below]
>>
>> Along with this I hope we can put all of this behind us in 4571+
>>
>> I think we may have seen the rounding error, going to check that one
>> I don't think we've seen the *100 yet though (!)
>>
>>
>> "ps" <ps@.> wrote in message news:4aae58d6@forums-1-dub...
>>> Beware
>>> In 11.5.1.4566, if a dw column ( based on a decimal(x,2)) is an
>>> editmask , AND if it has a format defined as ###,##0.00 and "use format"
>>> is checked, the amount is multiplied by 100 !!
>>>
>>> if it is an EDIT, the same occurs when specifying ###,##0.00 in the
>>> format field in the format tab, but the result is rounded !
>>>
>>> In fact, it works if the format is defined as #,##0.00, OR
>>> ###?###,##0.00 but I cannot change all the dws for an ebf...
>>> The culprit seems to be the exact format ###,##0.00
>>>
>>> In PB 11.5.1.4011, everything is OK...
>>
>>
>
>


Craig Kazial Posted on 2009-09-28 14:07:37.0Z
Reply-To: "Craig Kazial" <ckazial@uniland.com>
From: "Craig Kazial" <ckazial@uniland.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4aae58d6@forums-1-dub> <4aae88a6$1@forums-1-dub> <4abd00e7@forums-1-dub> <4ac02005$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: editmask unusable in 11.5.1.4566
Lines: 60
Organization: Uniland
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ac0c329$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 28 Sep 2009 07:07:37 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1254146857 10.22.241.152 (28 Sep 2009 07:07:37 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 28 Sep 2009 07:07:37 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90008
Article PK: 419194

I will try this first rather than rolling back entirely to 4011 at this
point, thank you very much!

"Tyler Cruse" <tcruse@trlx.com> wrote in message
news:4ac02005$1@forums-1-dub...
> You might try just replacing the PBDWE115.DLL from previous EBF (PB
> 11.5.1.4011) to fix the two issues that you mention. This works for me.
>
>
> "Craig Kazial" <ckazial@uniland.com> wrote in message
> news:4abd00e7@forums-1-dub...
>> We've also run into the rounding problem, I'm going to be forced into
>> workarounds for this issue along with negatives not displaying as
>> intended (showing a minus when defined as red and to use '(#)').
>>
>> REALLY need the next EBF update here for PB11.5.1 or we're going to be
>> forced into trying workarounds for a lot of datawindows by our customers,
>> and wishing we delayed our (long awaited) move from PB8.
>>
>> [Checking the site I only see an update for PB11.2 in September, and I'm
>> not sure it'd do the trick, and we'd rather not have to go through the
>> pain of going backwards, either.]
>>
>> Any help Sybase? :(
>>
>> Or short EBF help, is the 'best' answer to go back to PB 11.5.1.4011 if
>> indeed everything works there?
>>
>>
>> "Craig Kazial" <ckazial@uniland.com> wrote in message
>> news:4aae88a6$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> Hmm and I have a problem with the negative display formats in 4566
>>> [datawindow display format thread, below]
>>>
>>> Along with this I hope we can put all of this behind us in 4571+
>>>
>>> I think we may have seen the rounding error, going to check that one
>>> I don't think we've seen the *100 yet though (!)
>>>
>>>
>>> "ps" <ps@.> wrote in message news:4aae58d6@forums-1-dub...
>>>> Beware
>>>> In 11.5.1.4566, if a dw column ( based on a decimal(x,2)) is an
>>>> editmask , AND if it has a format defined as ###,##0.00 and "use
>>>> format" is checked, the amount is multiplied by 100 !!
>>>>
>>>> if it is an EDIT, the same occurs when specifying ###,##0.00 in the
>>>> format field in the format tab, but the result is rounded !
>>>>
>>>> In fact, it works if the format is defined as #,##0.00, OR
>>>> ###?###,##0.00 but I cannot change all the dws for an ebf...
>>>> The culprit seems to be the exact format ###,##0.00
>>>>
>>>> In PB 11.5.1.4011, everything is OK...
>>>
>>>
>>
>>