Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Iphone Notification issues

5 posts in Mobile Office 5.7 Beta Last posting was on 2009-09-22 06:19:19.0Z
Anders Posted on 2009-09-15 13:36:51.0Z
Sender: 530c.4aaf4b3f.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Anders
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta
Subject: Iphone Notification issues
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4aaf9873.5ddf.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 15 Sep 2009 06:36:51 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1253021811 10.22.241.41 (15 Sep 2009 06:36:51 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Sep 2009 06:36:51 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 9
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta:121
Article PK: 9764

I'm not able to get my iPhone to push. I have checked that
our server has open connections to the Push server, and I
have other Applications that is using Apple's push that
works.

Can I get some suggestions on how to proceed with
troubleshooting?

It's a 3.1 Telia device.


Diane Amdor Posted on 2009-09-15 13:53:41.0Z
From: "Diane Amdor" <dianea@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta
References: <4aaf9873.5ddf.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Iphone Notification issues
Lines: 31
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4aaf9c65$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 15 Sep 2009 06:53:41 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1253022821 10.22.241.152 (15 Sep 2009 06:53:41 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Sep 2009 06:53:41 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: zte
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta:122
Article PK: 9765

Hello Anders,

In Admin, when you look at the Device Settings, check under iPhone Push
Notifications for the APNS Device Token. Is that field blank? This means
that the device did not receive the token from the Apple server in order to
receive push notifications. Make sure the client is exited and opened back
up after install.

We have seen situations where iPhones being used with carriers not supported
on the iPhone have required some tweaks to get push enabled.
http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/push-fix-tweak-enable-push-notifications-iphone-2g-3g

If you have a standard iPhone with a standard carrier and the device token
is not registered, please uninstall and reinstall the client.

Regards,
Diane Amdor
Mobile Office Program Manager

<Anders> wrote in message news:4aaf9873.5ddf.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I'm not able to get my iPhone to push. I have checked that
> our server has open connections to the Push server, and I
> have other Applications that is using Apple's push that
> works.
>
> Can I get some suggestions on how to proceed with
> troubleshooting?
>
> It's a 3.1 Telia device.


Anders Posted on 2009-09-17 12:10:31.0Z
Sender: 530c.4aaf4b3f.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Anders
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta
Subject: Re: Iphone Notification issues
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4ab22737.3bfc.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4aaf9c65$1@forums-1-dub>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="-=_forums-1-dub4ab22737"
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 17 Sep 2009 05:10:31 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1253189431 10.22.241.41 (17 Sep 2009 05:10:31 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Sep 2009 05:10:31 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 1026
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta:140
Article PK: 18085

There is an APNS, and it's a Telia non jail-broken device so
it looks like I can't install this Cydia thing.

???

> Hello Anders,
>
> In Admin, when you look at the Device Settings, check
> under iPhone Push Notifications for the APNS Device
> Token. Is that field blank? This means that the device
> did not receive the token from the Apple server in order
> to receive push notifications. Make sure the client is
> exited and opened back up after install.
>
> We have seen situations where iPhones being used with
> carriers not supported on the iPhone have required some
> tweaks to get push enabled.
>
http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/push-fix-tweak-enable-push-notifications-iphone-2g-3g
>
> If you have a standard iPhone with a standard carrier and
> the device token is not registered, please uninstall and
> reinstall the client.
>
> Regards,
> Diane Amdor
> Mobile Office Program Manager
>
> <Anders> wrote in message
> > news:4aaf9873.5ddf.1681692777@sybase.com... I'm not able
> > to get my iPhone to push. I have checked that our server
> > has open connections to the Push server, and I have
> > other Applications that is using Apple's push that
> works. >
> > Can I get some suggestions on how to proceed with
> > troubleshooting?
> >
> > It's a 3.1 Telia device.
>
>

apns.jpg

Diane Amdor Posted on 2009-09-17 14:38:46.0Z
From: "Diane Amdor" <dianea@sybase.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta
References: <4aaf9c65$1@forums-1-dub> <4ab22737.3bfc.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Iphone Notification issues
Lines: 77
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ab249f6$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 17 Sep 2009 07:38:46 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1253198326 10.22.241.152 (17 Sep 2009 07:38:46 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Sep 2009 07:38:46 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: zte
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta:142
Article PK: 9778

Hello Anders,

Did you see the post about having the ports open on the iMO server?

Apple Push Notification Service Configuration

The iAnywhere Mobile Office server is configured by default to connect to
the Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) on startup to provide push
notifications for iPhone devices. It is a requirement from Apple that this
communication occurs over TCP ports 2195 and 2196. Therefore, for this
functionality to operate, outbound TCP ports 2195 and 2196 must be opened
from the iAnywhere Mobile Office server to Apple's servers.

You may disable the connection to the Apple Push Notification Service by
editing the file \Program Files\iAnywhere Mobile
Office\Bin\NotificationProviders.xml. Remove or comment out the entire
section starting at

<Provider EventType="APNS" PreventDuplicates="true">

...

</Provider>

Changes to the \Program Files\iAnywhere Mobile
Office\Bin\NotificationProviders.xml file requires a restart of the
iAnywhere Mobile Office software to be applied.

To enable Apple Push Notifications for iPhone users, the setting must be
enabled for the user's device. See <link to Editing Settings page> for more
information with editing device settings.

<Anders> wrote in message news:4ab22737.3bfc.1681692777@sybase.com...
> There is an APNS, and it's a Telia non jail-broken device so
> it looks like I can't install this Cydia thing.
>
> ???
>
>> Hello Anders,
>>
>> In Admin, when you look at the Device Settings, check
>> under iPhone Push Notifications for the APNS Device
>> Token. Is that field blank? This means that the device
>> did not receive the token from the Apple server in order
>> to receive push notifications. Make sure the client is
>> exited and opened back up after install.
>>
>> We have seen situations where iPhones being used with
>> carriers not supported on the iPhone have required some
>> tweaks to get push enabled.
>>
> http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/push-fix-tweak-enable-push-notifications-iphone-2g-3g
>>
>> If you have a standard iPhone with a standard carrier and
>> the device token is not registered, please uninstall and
>> reinstall the client.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Diane Amdor
>> Mobile Office Program Manager
>>
>> <Anders> wrote in message
>> > news:4aaf9873.5ddf.1681692777@sybase.com... I'm not able
>> > to get my iPhone to push. I have checked that our server
>> > has open connections to the Push server, and I have
>> > other Applications that is using Apple's push that
>> works. >
>> > Can I get some suggestions on how to proceed with
>> > troubleshooting?
>> >
>> > It's a 3.1 Telia device.
>>
>>
>


Anders Posted on 2009-09-22 06:19:19.0Z
Sender: 32ad.4ab86bd5.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Anders
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta
Subject: Re: Iphone Notification issues
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4ab86c67.32ba.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4ab249f6$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 21 Sep 2009 23:19:19 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1253600359 10.22.241.41 (21 Sep 2009 23:19:19 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 21 Sep 2009 23:19:19 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 89
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mobileoffice57.beta:154
Article PK: 18088

We can see a lot of outbound sessions on these ports to
Apple servers, but there is no way of telling where it
stops.

> Hello Anders,
>
> Did you see the post about having the ports open on the
> iMO server?
>
> Apple Push Notification Service Configuration
>
> The iAnywhere Mobile Office server is configured by
> default to connect to the Apple Push Notification Service
> (APNS) on startup to provide push notifications for iPhone
> devices. It is a requirement from Apple that this
> communication occurs over TCP ports 2195 and 2196.
> Therefore, for this functionality to operate, outbound TCP
> ports 2195 and 2196 must be opened from the iAnywhere
> Mobile Office server to Apple's servers.
>
> You may disable the connection to the Apple Push
> Notification Service by editing the file \Program
> Files\iAnywhere Mobile
> Office\Bin\NotificationProviders.xml. Remove or comment
> out the entire section starting at
>
> <Provider EventType="APNS" PreventDuplicates="true">
>
> ...
>
> </Provider>
>
> Changes to the \Program Files\iAnywhere Mobile
> Office\Bin\NotificationProviders.xml file requires a
> restart of the iAnywhere Mobile Office software to be
> applied.
>
> To enable Apple Push Notifications for iPhone users, the
> setting must be enabled for the user's device. See <link
> to Editing Settings page> for more information with
> editing device settings.
>
>
> <Anders> wrote in message
> > news:4ab22737.3bfc.1681692777@sybase.com... There is an
> > APNS, and it's a Telia non jail-broken device so it
> looks like I can't install this Cydia thing. >
> > ???
> >
> >> Hello Anders,
> >>
> >> In Admin, when you look at the Device Settings, check
> >> under iPhone Push Notifications for the APNS Device
> >> Token. Is that field blank? This means that the device
> >> did not receive the token from the Apple server in
> order >> to receive push notifications. Make sure the
> client is >> exited and opened back up after install.
> >>
> >> We have seen situations where iPhones being used with
> >> carriers not supported on the iPhone have required
> some >> tweaks to get push enabled.
> >>
> >
>
http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/push-fix-tweak-enable-push-notifications-iphone-2g-3g
> >>
> >> If you have a standard iPhone with a standard carrier
> and >> the device token is not registered, please
> uninstall and >> reinstall the client.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Diane Amdor
> >> Mobile Office Program Manager
> >>
> >> <Anders> wrote in message
> >> > news:4aaf9873.5ddf.1681692777@sybase.com... I'm not
> able >> > to get my iPhone to push. I have checked that
> our server >> > has open connections to the Push server,
> and I have >> > other Applications that is using Apple's
> push that >> works. >
> >> > Can I get some suggestions on how to proceed with
> >> > troubleshooting?
> >> >
> >> > It's a 3.1 Telia device.
> >>
> >>
> >
>
>