Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Drop Down Data Window

3 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2009-10-23 19:43:41.0Z
Anthony Posted on 2009-10-22 23:23:54.0Z
Sender: 524b.4ae0e7e7.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Anthony
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Drop Down Data Window
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4ae0e98a.52b3.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 22 Oct 2009 16:23:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1256253834 10.22.241.41 (22 Oct 2009 16:23:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Oct 2009 16:23:54 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 16
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90131
Article PK: 409736

I need to know how to make the following occur in using a
DDDW (list). It seems easy enough.

(1) How to scroll thru a DDDW using the arrow keys (down
key).

(2) How to make it so that if I choose an item from a DDDW
list that when I return back (mouse click on list down
arrow) to open the list that the item I chose from before is
the one that is highlighted (in focus) and not the very
first one (or any other one) in the DDDW list.

(3) How to make it so that if the DDDW is in focus that if I
press (let's say) the 'M' key on keyboard, that the very
first item in the DDDW list will be the one that begins with
an 'M'.


Scott Morris Posted on 2009-10-23 18:44:14.0Z
From: "Scott Morris" <bogus@bogus.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4ae0e98a.52b3.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Drop Down Data Window
Lines: 40
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ae1f97e$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Oct 2009 11:44:14 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1256323454 10.22.241.152 (23 Oct 2009 11:44:14 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Oct 2009 11:44:14 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90135
Article PK: 409742


<Anthony> wrote in message news:4ae0e98a.52b3.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I need to know how to make the following occur in using a
> DDDW (list). It seems easy enough.
>
> (1) How to scroll thru a DDDW using the arrow keys (down
> key).

Not certain that I understand this bit. Scrolling via arrow keys is
something the user does. Works for me using dddws that are set to show the
list on demand (those are the only ones used in my apps) - and has been
consistent through many versions of PB.

>
> (2) How to make it so that if I choose an item from a DDDW
> list that when I return back (mouse click on list down
> arrow) to open the list that the item I chose from before is
> the one that is highlighted (in focus) and not the very
> first one (or any other one) in the DDDW list.

This should happen automatically. Note that if you are programatically
setting the values, you must do so using the correct ID value defined for
the column based on dddw association.

>
> (3) How to make it so that if the DDDW is in focus that if I
> press (let's say) the 'M' key on keyboard, that the very
> first item in the DDDW list will be the one that begins with
> an 'M'.

If you want a search-as-you-type function, you have to make the dddw
editable. Then it is just a matter of handling the appropriate events in
the datawindow - editchanged and itemfocuschanged. PFC implements such a
service - take a look at it. However, PB will already do the "finding"
using a plain ole dddw that is not editable based on the first character
only - but that probably isn't what you are after. For example, pressing
"B" when the dddw is the current column will find the first item that starts
with "B". Pressing "B" a second time will find the 2nd item (if it exists -
and so on).


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2009-10-23 19:43:41.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4ae0e98a.52b3.1681692777@sybase.com> <4ae1f97e$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Drop Down Data Window
Lines: 52
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ae2076d@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Oct 2009 12:43:41 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1256327021 10.22.241.152 (23 Oct 2009 12:43:41 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Oct 2009 12:43:41 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90137
Article PK: 409740

(1) but be aware that each time the user scrolls using the arrow keys
ItemChanged will fire.

--
Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:
http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

"Scott Morris" <bogus@bogus.com> wrote in message
news:4ae1f97e$1@forums-1-dub...
> <Anthony> wrote in message news:4ae0e98a.52b3.1681692777@sybase.com...
>>I need to know how to make the following occur in using a
>> DDDW (list). It seems easy enough.
>>
>> (1) How to scroll thru a DDDW using the arrow keys (down
>> key).
>
> Not certain that I understand this bit. Scrolling via arrow keys is
> something the user does. Works for me using dddws that are set to show
> the list on demand (those are the only ones used in my apps) - and has
> been consistent through many versions of PB.
>
>>
>> (2) How to make it so that if I choose an item from a DDDW
>> list that when I return back (mouse click on list down
>> arrow) to open the list that the item I chose from before is
>> the one that is highlighted (in focus) and not the very
>> first one (or any other one) in the DDDW list.
>
> This should happen automatically. Note that if you are programatically
> setting the values, you must do so using the correct ID value defined for
> the column based on dddw association.
>
>>
>> (3) How to make it so that if the DDDW is in focus that if I
>> press (let's say) the 'M' key on keyboard, that the very
>> first item in the DDDW list will be the one that begins with
>> an 'M'.
>
> If you want a search-as-you-type function, you have to make the dddw
> editable. Then it is just a matter of handling the appropriate events in
> the datawindow - editchanged and itemfocuschanged. PFC implements such a
> service - take a look at it. However, PB will already do the "finding"
> using a plain ole dddw that is not editable based on the first character
> only - but that probably isn't what you are after. For example, pressing
> "B" when the dddw is the current column will find the first item that
> starts with "B". Pressing "B" a second time will find the 2nd item (if it
> exists - and so on).
>