Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Saving Datawindow as PDF

12 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2009-11-19 15:47:40.0Z
Smith Posted on 2009-11-11 05:38:09.0Z
Sender: 2af2.4afa4ba4.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Smith
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Saving Datawindow as PDF
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 10 Nov 2009 21:38:09 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1257917889 10.22.241.41 (10 Nov 2009 21:38:09 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Nov 2009 21:38:09 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 11
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90237
Article PK: 409844

Hello,

I am using PB 11.0 build 6525, I need to save datawindow as
PDF. I am not able to do this directly as I am using
Ghostscript for the same. Now the problem is, it is not
working with XP Service pack 3 and Vista operating systems.
Can anyone help me how to solve this issue.

Regards,

Smith.


GW Posted on 2009-11-11 10:37:05.0Z
From: "GW" <gw@gw>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Saving Datawindow as PDF
Lines: 30
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4afa93d1$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 Nov 2009 02:37:05 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1257935825 10.22.241.152 (11 Nov 2009 02:37:05 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2009 02:37:05 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90240
Article PK: 409845

For that very reason I avoid doing it natively like the plague. Plus when I
did try it it wouldn't render graphs properly at all(older GS version
though). I'm sure it's better now but I'm already bias.

As an alternative I get my clients to install a 3rd party PDF tool and then
call that direct within the app. Never been a problem yet. I personally use
and encourage them as well to download "cutepdf " but there are other good
ones out there I'm sure

Something for you to consider that costs you nothing if you don't resolve
your issue

GW

<Smith> wrote in message news:4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> I am using PB 11.0 build 6525, I need to save datawindow as
> PDF. I am not able to do this directly as I am using
> Ghostscript for the same. Now the problem is, it is not
> working with XP Service pack 3 and Vista operating systems.
> Can anyone help me how to solve this issue.
>
> Regards,
>
> Smith.
>


Smith Posted on 2009-11-11 12:46:32.0Z
Sender: 33cc.4afa8d4d.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Smith
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Saving Datawindow as PDF
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4afab228.3b4f.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4afa93d1$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 11 Nov 2009 04:46:32 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1257943592 10.22.241.41 (11 Nov 2009 04:46:32 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2009 04:46:32 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 45
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90244
Article PK: 409849

Hi GW,

Thanks for your help, I found some of the softwares in the
net but my problem is. I dont want user to ask the name, I
should be able to set the PDF name from powerbuilder and
also have to control the destination path. I tried with
Adobe printer and brodgun and few other tools.

Did you try setting the path on the above said printers or
with cute PDF.

Thanks in advance for your help.

> For that very reason I avoid doing it natively like the
> plague. Plus when I did try it it wouldn't render graphs
> properly at all(older GS version though). I'm sure it's
> better now but I'm already bias.
>
> As an alternative I get my clients to install a 3rd party
> PDF tool and then call that direct within the app. Never
> been a problem yet. I personally use and encourage them
> as well to download "cutepdf " but there are other good
> ones out there I'm sure
>
> Something for you to consider that costs you nothing if
> you don't resolve your issue
>
> GW
>
>
> <Smith> wrote in message
> > news:4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
> >
> > I am using PB 11.0 build 6525, I need to save datawindow
> > as PDF. I am not able to do this directly as I am using
> > Ghostscript for the same. Now the problem is, it is not
> > working with XP Service pack 3 and Vista operating
> > systems. Can anyone help me how to solve this issue.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Smith.
> >
>
>


GW Posted on 2009-11-11 17:20:16.0Z
From: "GW" <gw@gw>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4afa93d1$1@forums-1-dub> <4afab228.3b4f.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Saving Datawindow as PDF
Lines: 64
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4afaf250@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 Nov 2009 09:20:16 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1257960016 10.22.241.152 (11 Nov 2009 09:20:16 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2009 09:20:16 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90253
Article PK: 409857

I have the client set their PDF tool of choice within the app setup area
catured via the list of printers on their box. Then at runtime in the
reports I offer a "Print" button along with a "Print to PDF" button. If they
press the PDF button it bypasses the standard printer dialog by dynamically
setting the PDF tool using the following lines:

printsetprinter(ls_pdf_printer)
dw_1.print()

They could still print to PDF by pressing the standard print button but then
would have to select the PDF printer and then continue........it's nothing
more than a hot key but works great.....with cutepdf anyway

<Smith> wrote in message news:4afab228.3b4f.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi GW,
>
> Thanks for your help, I found some of the softwares in the
> net but my problem is. I dont want user to ask the name, I
> should be able to set the PDF name from powerbuilder and
> also have to control the destination path. I tried with
> Adobe printer and brodgun and few other tools.
>
> Did you try setting the path on the above said printers or
> with cute PDF.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
>> For that very reason I avoid doing it natively like the
>> plague. Plus when I did try it it wouldn't render graphs
>> properly at all(older GS version though). I'm sure it's
>> better now but I'm already bias.
>>
>> As an alternative I get my clients to install a 3rd party
>> PDF tool and then call that direct within the app. Never
>> been a problem yet. I personally use and encourage them
>> as well to download "cutepdf " but there are other good
>> ones out there I'm sure
>>
>> Something for you to consider that costs you nothing if
>> you don't resolve your issue
>>
>> GW
>>
>>
>> <Smith> wrote in message
>> > news:4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
>> >
>> > I am using PB 11.0 build 6525, I need to save datawindow
>> > as PDF. I am not able to do this directly as I am using
>> > Ghostscript for the same. Now the problem is, it is not
>> > working with XP Service pack 3 and Vista operating
>> > systems. Can anyone help me how to solve this issue.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Smith.
>> >
>>
>>
>


Smith Posted on 2009-11-12 05:24:48.0Z
Sender: 33cc.4afa8d4d.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Smith
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Saving Datawindow as PDF
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4afb9c20.5d1f.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4afaf250@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 11 Nov 2009 21:24:48 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258003488 10.22.241.41 (11 Nov 2009 21:24:48 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Nov 2009 21:24:48 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 87
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90255
Article PK: 409860

Hello GW,

Good Day, Yes the purpose of Converting PDF is, we have a
mail sending option from Powerbuilder when the user clicks
on the Send Mail button we will saving datawindow as PDF and
send as an attachment with the mail. Which was working
perfectly with Ghostscript on XP upto Service pack 2
machines. In service pack 3 or above (vista or other server
editions) ghostscript is not working which means it is not
converting datawindow as PDF.

So I thought better we print it as PDF and can send the file
along with the mail as attachmetn but when i tried to do it
system is prompting for the location and the file name.
Since it is a background process I dont want that dialog box
appears and want to save in a given path(in parameter -
settings) and given (report title) name.

Thanks in advance for any help.

> I have the client set their PDF tool of choice within the
> app setup area catured via the list of printers on their
> box. Then at runtime in the reports I offer a "Print"
> button along with a "Print to PDF" button. If they press
> the PDF button it bypasses the standard printer dialog by
> dynamically setting the PDF tool using the following
> lines:
>
> printsetprinter(ls_pdf_printer)
> dw_1.print()
>
> They could still print to PDF by pressing the standard
> print button but then would have to select the PDF
> printer and then continue........it's nothing more than a
> hot key but works great.....with cutepdf anyway
>
>
>
> <Smith> wrote in message
> > news:4afab228.3b4f.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi GW,
> >
> > Thanks for your help, I found some of the softwares in
> > the net but my problem is. I dont want user to ask the
> > name, I should be able to set the PDF name from
> > powerbuilder and also have to control the destination
> > path. I tried with Adobe printer and brodgun and few
> other tools. >
> > Did you try setting the path on the above said printers
> > or with cute PDF.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> >> For that very reason I avoid doing it natively like the
> >> plague. Plus when I did try it it wouldn't render
> graphs >> properly at all(older GS version though). I'm
> sure it's >> better now but I'm already bias.
> >>
> >> As an alternative I get my clients to install a 3rd
> party >> PDF tool and then call that direct within the
> app. Never >> been a problem yet. I personally use and
> encourage them >> as well to download "cutepdf " but there
> are other good >> ones out there I'm sure
> >>
> >> Something for you to consider that costs you nothing if
> >> you don't resolve your issue
> >>
> >> GW
> >>
> >>
> >> <Smith> wrote in message
> >> > news:4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
> >> >
> >> > I am using PB 11.0 build 6525, I need to save
> datawindow >> > as PDF. I am not able to do this directly
> as I am using >> > Ghostscript for the same. Now the
> problem is, it is not >> > working with XP Service pack 3
> and Vista operating >> > systems. Can anyone help me how
> to solve this issue. >> >
> >> > Regards,
> >> >
> >> > Smith.
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
>
>


GW Posted on 2009-11-12 12:35:43.0Z
From: "GW" <gw@gw>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4afaf250@forums-1-dub> <4afb9c20.5d1f.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Saving Datawindow as PDF
Lines: 96
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4afc011f$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 Nov 2009 04:35:43 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258029343 10.22.241.152 (12 Nov 2009 04:35:43 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2009 04:35:43 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90259
Article PK: 409864

I'm sure there is a call available to autofill those requirements......for
me though the clients prefer to control the naming and destination so I
can't help you with that aspect

<Smith> wrote in message news:4afb9c20.5d1f.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello GW,
>
> Good Day, Yes the purpose of Converting PDF is, we have a
> mail sending option from Powerbuilder when the user clicks
> on the Send Mail button we will saving datawindow as PDF and
> send as an attachment with the mail. Which was working
> perfectly with Ghostscript on XP upto Service pack 2
> machines. In service pack 3 or above (vista or other server
> editions) ghostscript is not working which means it is not
> converting datawindow as PDF.
>
> So I thought better we print it as PDF and can send the file
> along with the mail as attachmetn but when i tried to do it
> system is prompting for the location and the file name.
> Since it is a background process I dont want that dialog box
> appears and want to save in a given path(in parameter -
> settings) and given (report title) name.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>> I have the client set their PDF tool of choice within the
>> app setup area catured via the list of printers on their
>> box. Then at runtime in the reports I offer a "Print"
>> button along with a "Print to PDF" button. If they press
>> the PDF button it bypasses the standard printer dialog by
>> dynamically setting the PDF tool using the following
>> lines:
>>
>> printsetprinter(ls_pdf_printer)
>> dw_1.print()
>>
>> They could still print to PDF by pressing the standard
>> print button but then would have to select the PDF
>> printer and then continue........it's nothing more than a
>> hot key but works great.....with cutepdf anyway
>>
>>
>>
>> <Smith> wrote in message
>> > news:4afab228.3b4f.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi GW,
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help, I found some of the softwares in
>> > the net but my problem is. I dont want user to ask the
>> > name, I should be able to set the PDF name from
>> > powerbuilder and also have to control the destination
>> > path. I tried with Adobe printer and brodgun and few
>> other tools. >
>> > Did you try setting the path on the above said printers
>> > or with cute PDF.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for your help.
>> >
>> >> For that very reason I avoid doing it natively like the
>> >> plague. Plus when I did try it it wouldn't render
>> graphs >> properly at all(older GS version though). I'm
>> sure it's >> better now but I'm already bias.
>> >>
>> >> As an alternative I get my clients to install a 3rd
>> party >> PDF tool and then call that direct within the
>> app. Never >> been a problem yet. I personally use and
>> encourage them >> as well to download "cutepdf " but there
>> are other good >> ones out there I'm sure
>> >>
>> >> Something for you to consider that costs you nothing if
>> >> you don't resolve your issue
>> >>
>> >> GW
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> <Smith> wrote in message
>> >> > news:4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
>> >> >
>> >> > I am using PB 11.0 build 6525, I need to save
>> datawindow >> > as PDF. I am not able to do this directly
>> as I am using >> > Ghostscript for the same. Now the
>> problem is, it is not >> > working with XP Service pack 3
>> and Vista operating >> > systems. Can anyone help me how
>> to solve this issue. >> >
>> >> > Regards,
>> >> >
>> >> > Smith.
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>>
>>
>


The Other Mike Posted on 2009-11-12 18:19:51.0Z
From: "The Other Mike" <mike@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4afa93d1$1@forums-1-dub> <4afab228.3b4f.1681692777@sybase.com> <4afaf250@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4afaf250@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Saving Datawindow as PDF
Lines: 1
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
Importance: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Live Mail 14.0.8089.726
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V14.0.8089.726
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4afc51c7$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 Nov 2009 10:19:51 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258049991 10.22.241.152 (12 Nov 2009 10:19:51 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2009 10:19:51 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90267
Article PK: 409872

Ok. So I have a problem. I'm using Adobe Distiller in Windows 7. If I use
the printsetup(ls_pdf_printer), one and only one of my reports gets really
messed up. Yet if I click File, Print Setup and choose the Adobe Printer
and then print the report, it goes through the same process yet is fine. If
I just send the dw to a printer, it's fine. I don't understand why the
printsetup causes a problem with this ONE report.


Thanks
Mike

"GW" <gw@gw> wrote in message news:4afaf250@forums-1-dub...
> I have the client set their PDF tool of choice within the app setup area
> catured via the list of printers on their box. Then at runtime in the
> reports I offer a "Print" button along with a "Print to PDF" button. If
> they press the PDF button it bypasses the standard printer dialog by
> dynamically setting the PDF tool using the following lines:
>
> printsetprinter(ls_pdf_printer)
> dw_1.print()
>
> They could still print to PDF by pressing the standard print button but
> then would have to select the PDF printer and then continue........it's
> nothing more than a hot key but works great.....with cutepdf anyway
>
>
>
> <Smith> wrote in message news:4afab228.3b4f.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Hi GW,
>>
>> Thanks for your help, I found some of the softwares in the
>> net but my problem is. I dont want user to ask the name, I
>> should be able to set the PDF name from powerbuilder and
>> also have to control the destination path. I tried with
>> Adobe printer and brodgun and few other tools.
>>
>> Did you try setting the path on the above said printers or
>> with cute PDF.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>>> For that very reason I avoid doing it natively like the
>>> plague. Plus when I did try it it wouldn't render graphs
>>> properly at all(older GS version though). I'm sure it's
>>> better now but I'm already bias.
>>>
>>> As an alternative I get my clients to install a 3rd party
>>> PDF tool and then call that direct within the app. Never
>>> been a problem yet. I personally use and encourage them
>>> as well to download "cutepdf " but there are other good
>>> ones out there I'm sure
>>>
>>> Something for you to consider that costs you nothing if
>>> you don't resolve your issue
>>>
>>> GW
>>>
>>>
>>> <Smith> wrote in message
>>> > news:4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
>>> >
>>> > I am using PB 11.0 build 6525, I need to save datawindow
>>> > as PDF. I am not able to do this directly as I am using
>>> > Ghostscript for the same. Now the problem is, it is not
>>> > working with XP Service pack 3 and Vista operating
>>> > systems. Can anyone help me how to solve this issue.
>>> >
>>> > Regards,
>>> >
>>> > Smith.
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>


Chris Pollach Posted on 2009-11-12 13:53:51.0Z
From: "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Saving Datawindow as PDF
Lines: 27
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4afc136f$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 Nov 2009 05:53:51 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258034031 10.22.241.152 (12 Nov 2009 05:53:51 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2009 05:53:51 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90263
Article PK: 409867

Hi S;

FWIW: I am using GhostScript 8.70 with PB 11.2, 11.5.1, 12.0 and 12.NET on
XP SP3, Vista SP2 and now Windows 7 GA - with no problems in creating any
type of PDF from DW objects!

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director
Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass

<Smith> wrote in message news:4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> I am using PB 11.0 build 6525, I need to save datawindow as
> PDF. I am not able to do this directly as I am using
> Ghostscript for the same. Now the problem is, it is not
> working with XP Service pack 3 and Vista operating systems.
> Can anyone help me how to solve this issue.
>
> Regards,
>
> Smith.


Smith Posted on 2009-11-17 10:16:47.0Z
Sender: 7c0b.4b022bd0.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Smith
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Saving Datawindow as PDF
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4b02780f.745.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4afc136f$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 17 Nov 2009 02:16:47 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258453007 10.22.241.41 (17 Nov 2009 02:16:47 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Nov 2009 02:16:47 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 37
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90279
Article PK: 409884

Hello Chris,

I have downloaded Ghostscript 8.70 from
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/GPL-Ghostscript.shtml
and tried.... but still I am not able to convert datawindow
as PDF.

Will there be any reason for this. Any OS problem?

> Hi S;
>
> FWIW: I am using GhostScript 8.70 with PB 11.2, 11.5.1,
> 12.0 and 12.NET on XP SP3, Vista SP2 and now Windows 7 GA
> - with no problems in creating any type of PDF from DW
> objects!
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - NA RUG Director
> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
>
> <Smith> wrote in message
> > news:4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
> >
> > I am using PB 11.0 build 6525, I need to save datawindow
> > as PDF. I am not able to do this directly as I am using
> > Ghostscript for the same. Now the problem is, it is not
> > working with XP Service pack 3 and Vista operating
> > systems. Can anyone help me how to solve this issue.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Smith.
>
>


Chris Pollach Posted on 2009-11-17 12:54:00.0Z
From: "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4afc136f$1@forums-1-dub> <4b02780f.745.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Saving Datawindow as PDF
Lines: 65
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4b029ce8$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 17 Nov 2009 04:54:00 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258462440 10.22.241.152 (17 Nov 2009 04:54:00 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Nov 2009 04:54:00 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90282
Article PK: 409886

Hi Smith;

For GS make sure:

1) Create an environment variable called "GS_DLL" and assign it your
installation path ...
Example: GS_DLL=C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.70\bin
2) Create a "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer definition.
Note: Do not use the INF printer definition supplied by PB. Instead, use
the Printer definition supplied by GS.
Have a look in the GS installation's "Lib" sub folder.
3) Make sure that you set your DW objects as follows:
a) Properties=>DataExport tab=> Format = PDF
b) Properties=>DataExport tab=> Method = Distill
4) Add the GS's "Bin" folder to your System Path

HTH

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director
Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass

<Smith> wrote in message news:4b02780f.745.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello Chris,
>
> I have downloaded Ghostscript 8.70 from
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/GPL-Ghostscript.shtml
> and tried.... but still I am not able to convert datawindow
> as PDF.
>
> Will there be any reason for this. Any OS problem?
>
>> Hi S;
>>
>> FWIW: I am using GhostScript 8.70 with PB 11.2, 11.5.1,
>> 12.0 and 12.NET on XP SP3, Vista SP2 and now Windows 7 GA
>> - with no problems in creating any type of PDF from DW
>> objects!
>>
>> --
>> Regards ... Chris
>> ISUG - NA RUG Director
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>
>>
>> <Smith> wrote in message
>> > news:4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
>> >
>> > I am using PB 11.0 build 6525, I need to save datawindow
>> > as PDF. I am not able to do this directly as I am using
>> > Ghostscript for the same. Now the problem is, it is not
>> > working with XP Service pack 3 and Vista operating
>> > systems. Can anyone help me how to solve this issue.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Smith.
>>
>>


Jim Madderra Posted on 2009-11-19 08:39:50.0Z
From: "Jim Madderra" <jmadderra@astound.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4afc136f$1@forums-1-dub> <4b02780f.745.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Saving Datawindow as PDF
Lines: 86
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4b050456$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 Nov 2009 00:39:50 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258619990 10.22.241.152 (19 Nov 2009 00:39:50 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Nov 2009 00:39:50 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: powerbuilder
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90303
Article PK: 409908

Do you have the "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer driver installed on the
subject machine?
Are you using Distill with ghostscript or the xslfop method? If Distill,
you must have the above driver installed to create a PDF file rather than
printing directly to the printer with the other method. See below:
Saving as PDF
If you want your application to save a DataWindow object in PDF format, the
Web server (not the client) must satisfy the requirements for Ghostscript
and PostScript drivers described in "Saving data in PDF format".

You must also:

a.. Configure the .NET Framework to run under the SYSTEM account and
expose printer settings to the SYSTEM account as described in "Server-side
printing".

b.. Make sure that the Sybase DataWindow PS profile is exposed to the
SYSTEM account as described next.

c.. On Windows 2003 Server, configure the server so that the PostScript
printer driver can be installed. See "Installing a printer on Windows 2003
Server".

d.. Create a folder on the server in which to save the PDF files and set
its permissions so that the ASP.NET application process has write access to
it.

Exposing the Sybase DataWindow PS profile to the SYSTEM account
Saving as PDF requires a PostScript printer profile called Sybase DataWindow
PS. This profile is added to your development computer automatically when
you save a DataWindow's rows to a PDF file in the DataWindow painter.

You can also add the profile manually using the Windows Add Printer wizard.
In the wizard, click the Have Disk button and browse to the Adist5.inf file
installed in the DataWindow .NET 2.0\drivers directory, or to another
PostScript driver file. You can download PostScript driver files from
several locations, including the Adobe Web site.

The Sybase DataWindow PS profile must be exposed to the SYSTEM account as
described in "Exposing printer settings to the SYSTEM account". If this
profile does not display in the Devices, PrinterPorts, and Windows subkeys
in HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion, copy
the string values from the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion key.

<Smith> wrote in message news:4b02780f.745.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello Chris,
>
> I have downloaded Ghostscript 8.70 from
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/GPL-Ghostscript.shtml
> and tried.... but still I am not able to convert datawindow
> as PDF.
>
> Will there be any reason for this. Any OS problem?
>
>> Hi S;
>>
>> FWIW: I am using GhostScript 8.70 with PB 11.2, 11.5.1,
>> 12.0 and 12.NET on XP SP3, Vista SP2 and now Windows 7 GA
>> - with no problems in creating any type of PDF from DW
>> objects!
>>
>> --
>> Regards ... Chris
>> ISUG - NA RUG Director
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>
>>
>> <Smith> wrote in message
>> > news:4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
>> >
>> > I am using PB 11.0 build 6525, I need to save datawindow
>> > as PDF. I am not able to do this directly as I am using
>> > Ghostscript for the same. Now the problem is, it is not
>> > working with XP Service pack 3 and Vista operating
>> > systems. Can anyone help me how to solve this issue.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Smith.
>>
>>


Jim Madderra Posted on 2009-11-19 15:47:40.0Z
From: "Jim Madderra" <jmadderra@astound.net>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4afc136f$1@forums-1-dub> <4b02780f.745.1681692777@sybase.com> <4b050456$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Saving Datawindow as PDF
Lines: 151
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4b05689c$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 Nov 2009 07:47:40 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258645660 10.22.241.152 (19 Nov 2009 07:47:40 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Nov 2009 07:47:40 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: powerbuilder
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90309
Article PK: 409914

Do you have the "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer driver installed on the
subject machine?

Are you using Distill with ghostscript or the xslfop method?
If Distill, you must have the above driver installed to create a PDF
file rather than
printing directly to the printer with the other method.

See below:
Look at Powerbuilder Help under subject (find/index): Export.PDF.Method
DataWindow object property

http://www.fanam.cn/2009/03/2374.html
http://blog.vodacoder.com/2008/08/27/datawindow-pdf-saveas-install-sybase-datawindow-ps-printer-via-cmd/print/

(ignore the .NET stuff, but the Sybase DataWindow PS part and ghostscript
stuff is IMPORTANT)

Saving as PDF
If you want your application to save a DataWindow object in PDF format, the
Web server (not the client) must satisfy the requirements for Ghostscript
and PostScript drivers described in "Saving data in PDF format".

You must also:

a.. Configure the .NET Framework to run under the SYSTEM account and
expose printer settings to the SYSTEM account as described in "Server-side
printing".

b.. Make sure that the Sybase DataWindow PS profile is exposed to the
SYSTEM account as described next.

c.. On Windows 2003 Server, configure the server so that the PostScript
printer driver can be installed. See "Installing a printer on Windows 2003
Server".

d.. Create a folder on the server in which to save the PDF files and set
its permissions so that the ASP.NET application process has write access to
it.

Exposing the Sybase DataWindow PS profile to the SYSTEM account
Saving as PDF requires a PostScript printer profile called Sybase DataWindow
PS. This profile is added to your development computer automatically when
you save a DataWindow's rows to a PDF file in the DataWindow painter.

You can also add the profile manually using the Windows Add Printer wizard.
In the wizard, click the Have Disk button and browse to the Adist5.inf file
installed in the DataWindow .NET 2.0\drivers directory, or to another
PostScript driver file. You can download PostScript driver files from
several locations, including the Adobe Web site.

The Sybase DataWindow PS profile must be exposed to the SYSTEM account as
described in "Exposing printer settings to the SYSTEM account". If this
profile does not display in the Devices, PrinterPorts, and Windows subkeys
in HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion, copy
the string values from the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion key.

"Jim Madderra" <jmadderra@astound.net> wrote in message
news:4b050456$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> Do you have the "Sybase DataWindow PS" printer driver installed on the
> subject machine?
> Are you using Distill with ghostscript or the xslfop method? If Distill,
> you must have the above driver installed to create a PDF file rather than
> printing directly to the printer with the other method. See below:
> Saving as PDF
> If you want your application to save a DataWindow object in PDF format,
> the Web server (not the client) must satisfy the requirements for
> Ghostscript and PostScript drivers described in "Saving data in PDF
> format".
>
> You must also:
>
> a.. Configure the .NET Framework to run under the SYSTEM account and
> expose printer settings to the SYSTEM account as described in "Server-side
> printing".
>
> b.. Make sure that the Sybase DataWindow PS profile is exposed to the
> SYSTEM account as described next.
>
> c.. On Windows 2003 Server, configure the server so that the PostScript
> printer driver can be installed. See "Installing a printer on Windows 2003
> Server".
>
> d.. Create a folder on the server in which to save the PDF files and set
> its permissions so that the ASP.NET application process has write access
> to it.
>
> Exposing the Sybase DataWindow PS profile to the SYSTEM account
> Saving as PDF requires a PostScript printer profile called Sybase
> DataWindow PS. This profile is added to your development computer
> automatically when you save a DataWindow's rows to a PDF file in the
> DataWindow painter.
>
> You can also add the profile manually using the Windows Add Printer
> wizard. In the wizard, click the Have Disk button and browse to the
> Adist5.inf file installed in the DataWindow .NET 2.0\drivers directory, or
> to another PostScript driver file. You can download PostScript driver
> files from several locations, including the Adobe Web site.
>
> The Sybase DataWindow PS profile must be exposed to the SYSTEM account as
> described in "Exposing printer settings to the SYSTEM account". If this
> profile does not display in the Devices, PrinterPorts, and Windows subkeys
> in HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion, copy
> the string values from the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion key.
>
> <Smith> wrote in message news:4b02780f.745.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Hello Chris,
>>
>> I have downloaded Ghostscript 8.70 from
>> http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/GPL-Ghostscript.shtml
>> and tried.... but still I am not able to convert datawindow
>> as PDF.
>>
>> Will there be any reason for this. Any OS problem?
>>
>>> Hi S;
>>>
>>> FWIW: I am using GhostScript 8.70 with PB 11.2, 11.5.1,
>>> 12.0 and 12.NET on XP SP3, Vista SP2 and now Windows 7 GA
>>> - with no problems in creating any type of PDF from DW
>>> objects!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards ... Chris
>>> ISUG - NA RUG Director
>>> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>>
>>>
>>> <Smith> wrote in message
>>> > news:4afa4dc1.2b2e.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
>>> >
>>> > I am using PB 11.0 build 6525, I need to save datawindow
>>> > as PDF. I am not able to do this directly as I am using
>>> > Ghostscript for the same. Now the problem is, it is not
>>> > working with XP Service pack 3 and Vista operating
>>> > systems. Can anyone help me how to solve this issue.
>>> >
>>> > Regards,
>>> >
>>> > Smith.
>>>
>>>
>
>