Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

W7 lowered fields become lowered when getting focus

5 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2009-11-12 23:44:10.0Z
Mathieu van As Posted on 2009-11-12 11:03:53.0Z
From: "Mathieu van As" <mathieuNO_SPAMmaccs.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: W7 lowered fields become lowered when getting focus
Lines: 1
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
Importance: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Live Mail 14.0.8089.726
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V14.0.8089.726
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4afbeb99@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 Nov 2009 03:03:53 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258023833 10.22.241.152 (12 Nov 2009 03:03:53 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2009 03:03:53 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90256
Article PK: 409863

Hi,

Using Windows Seven, PB 11.5.1. build 4011.
We have a lot of lowered fields, due to historic reasons (W95).
These fields are normally shown with blue rectangle using XP or Vista.
However when using W7 they become lowered again when the dw gets focus.
When the focus is removed, the lowering is removed it looks again like it
does under XP.

Is there someone else experiencing this?
Does someone has a simple solution for this behaviour?

Thanks,
Mathieu


Chris Pollach Posted on 2009-11-12 13:57:58.0Z
From: "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4afbeb99@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: W7 lowered fields become lowered when getting focus
Lines: 31
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4afc1466$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 Nov 2009 05:57:58 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258034278 10.22.241.152 (12 Nov 2009 05:57:58 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2009 05:57:58 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90264
Article PK: 409869

Hi Mathieu;

I do not see this in my PB 11.5.1 - however, I wonder if its because I
am using the Tahoma font.
What font family are you using?

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director
Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass

"Mathieu van As" <mathieuNO_SPAMmaccs.com> wrote in message
news:4afbeb99@forums-1-dub...
> Hi,
>
> Using Windows Seven, PB 11.5.1. build 4011.
> We have a lot of lowered fields, due to historic reasons (W95).
> These fields are normally shown with blue rectangle using XP or Vista.
> However when using W7 they become lowered again when the dw gets focus.
> When the focus is removed, the lowering is removed it looks again like it
> does under XP.
>
> Is there someone else experiencing this?
> Does someone has a simple solution for this behaviour?
>
> Thanks,
> Mathieu


Mathieu van As Posted on 2009-11-12 16:08:58.0Z
From: "Mathieu van As" <mathieuNO_SPAMmaccs.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4afbeb99@forums-1-dub> <4afc1466$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4afc1466$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: W7 lowered fields become lowered when getting focus
Lines: 1
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
Importance: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Live Mail 14.0.8089.726
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V14.0.8089.726
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4afc331a@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 Nov 2009 08:08:58 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258042138 10.22.241.152 (12 Nov 2009 08:08:58 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2009 08:08:58 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90265
Article PK: 409870

We use Arial, this used to be the default 15 years ago.
I changed one of the dw's to Tahoma and it still happens.

To be exact, it only happens if hoover over the field where your cursor is,
with all the other cells nothing happens.

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
news:4afc1466$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hi Mathieu;
>
> I do not see this in my PB 11.5.1 - however, I wonder if its because I
> am using the Tahoma font.
> What font family are you using?
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - NA RUG Director
> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
>
> "Mathieu van As" <mathieuNO_SPAMmaccs.com> wrote in message
> news:4afbeb99@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Using Windows Seven, PB 11.5.1. build 4011.
>> We have a lot of lowered fields, due to historic reasons (W95).
>> These fields are normally shown with blue rectangle using XP or Vista.
>> However when using W7 they become lowered again when the dw gets focus.
>> When the focus is removed, the lowering is removed it looks again like it
>> does under XP.
>>
>> Is there someone else experiencing this?
>> Does someone has a simple solution for this behaviour?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mathieu
>
>


Chris Pollach Posted on 2009-11-12 16:40:41.0Z
From: "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4afbeb99@forums-1-dub> <4afc1466$1@forums-1-dub> <4afc331a@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: W7 lowered fields become lowered when getting focus
Lines: 51
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4afc3a89$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 Nov 2009 08:40:41 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258044041 10.22.241.152 (12 Nov 2009 08:40:41 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2009 08:40:41 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90266
Article PK: 409871

Can you post a simple test application that behaves this way?

"Mathieu van As" <mathieuNO_SPAMmaccs.com> wrote in message
news:4afc331a@forums-1-dub...
> We use Arial, this used to be the default 15 years ago.
> I changed one of the dw's to Tahoma and it still happens.
>
> To be exact, it only happens if hoover over the field where your cursor
> is, with all the other cells nothing happens.
>
>
>
>
> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
> news:4afc1466$1@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi Mathieu;
>>
>> I do not see this in my PB 11.5.1 - however, I wonder if its because I
>> am using the Tahoma font.
>> What font family are you using?
>>
>> --
>> Regards ... Chris
>> ISUG - NA RUG Director
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>
>>
>> "Mathieu van As" <mathieuNO_SPAMmaccs.com> wrote in message
>> news:4afbeb99@forums-1-dub...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Using Windows Seven, PB 11.5.1. build 4011.
>>> We have a lot of lowered fields, due to historic reasons (W95).
>>> These fields are normally shown with blue rectangle using XP or Vista.
>>> However when using W7 they become lowered again when the dw gets focus.
>>> When the focus is removed, the lowering is removed it looks again like
>>> it does under XP.
>>>
>>> Is there someone else experiencing this?
>>> Does someone has a simple solution for this behaviour?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mathieu
>>
>>


Mathieu van As Posted on 2009-11-12 23:44:10.0Z
From: "Mathieu van As" <mathieuNO_SPAMmaccs.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4afbeb99@forums-1-dub> <4afc1466$1@forums-1-dub> <4afc331a@forums-1-dub> <4afc3a89$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4afc3a89$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: W7 lowered fields become lowered when getting focus
Lines: 1
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
Importance: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Live Mail 14.0.8089.726
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V14.0.8089.726
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4afc9dca$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 Nov 2009 15:44:10 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258069450 10.22.241.152 (12 Nov 2009 15:44:10 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Nov 2009 15:44:10 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90269
Article PK: 409874

Hi Chris,

Working on it.
Problem is related to a setredraw in the mousemove event.
However when trying to isolate it, it disappears.
No luck sofar being able to create a sample app replicating the problem.

Regards,
Mathieu

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
news:4afc3a89$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> Can you post a simple test application that behaves this way?
>
>
>
> "Mathieu van As" <mathieuNO_SPAMmaccs.com> wrote in message
> news:4afc331a@forums-1-dub...
>> We use Arial, this used to be the default 15 years ago.
>> I changed one of the dw's to Tahoma and it still happens.
>>
>> To be exact, it only happens if hoover over the field where your cursor
>> is, with all the other cells nothing happens.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
>> news:4afc1466$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> Hi Mathieu;
>>>
>>> I do not see this in my PB 11.5.1 - however, I wonder if its because
>>> I am using the Tahoma font.
>>> What font family are you using?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards ... Chris
>>> ISUG - NA RUG Director
>>> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>>
>>>
>>> "Mathieu van As" <mathieuNO_SPAMmaccs.com> wrote in message
>>> news:4afbeb99@forums-1-dub...
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> Using Windows Seven, PB 11.5.1. build 4011.
>>>> We have a lot of lowered fields, due to historic reasons (W95).
>>>> These fields are normally shown with blue rectangle using XP or Vista.
>>>> However when using W7 they become lowered again when the dw gets focus.
>>>> When the focus is removed, the lowering is removed it looks again like
>>>> it does under XP.
>>>>
>>>> Is there someone else experiencing this?
>>>> Does someone has a simple solution for this behaviour?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Mathieu
>>>
>>>
>
>