Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Modify Column ID

6 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2009-11-19 23:07:14.0Z
JZ Posted on 2009-11-19 19:41:29.0Z
Sender: 1b31.4b02e369.1804289383@sybase.com
From: JZ
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Modify Column ID
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4b059f69.c8f.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 19 Nov 2009 11:41:29 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258659689 10.22.241.41 (19 Nov 2009 11:41:29 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Nov 2009 11:41:29 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 14
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90314
Article PK: 409917

Hello,

I'm trying to modify a column id in my code. This is what I
have.

ls_return = dw_report.Modify("part_prefix.id = 1")

I get the error "Line 1 Column 16:incorrect syntax."

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

JZ


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2009-11-19 20:03:03.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4b059f69.c8f.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Modify Column ID
Lines: 26
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4b05a477$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 Nov 2009 12:03:03 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258660983 10.22.241.152 (19 Nov 2009 12:03:03 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Nov 2009 12:03:03 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90315
Article PK: 409920

id (pointer to a column in the DW buffer) is not modifiable. What are you
trying to accomplish?

--
Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:
http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

<JZ> wrote in message news:4b059f69.c8f.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to modify a column id in my code. This is what I
> have.
>
> ls_return = dw_report.Modify("part_prefix.id = 1")
>
> I get the error "Line 1 Column 16:incorrect syntax."
>
> Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JZ


JZ Posted on 2009-11-19 20:33:56.0Z
Sender: 1b31.4b02e369.1804289383@sybase.com
From: JZ
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Modify Column ID
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4b05abb4.ed6.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4b05a477$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 19 Nov 2009 12:33:56 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258662836 10.22.241.41 (19 Nov 2009 12:33:56 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Nov 2009 12:33:56 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 53
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90317
Article PK: 409923

I have a DataWindow that I want to do a SaveAs on to save it
in Excel. This works fine. However, I want the columns to
be in a different order in the excel file than they are
currently in the datawindow.

For example..in my column specification view...it lists the
following.
1 part_prefix
2 part_base
3 part_suffix
4 compute_partcount
5 color
6 miln
7 void

And that's exactly how its putting them in the excel file.
For the Excel file, I want
1 part_prefix
2 part_base
3 part_suffix
4 miln
5 color
6 compute_partcount
7 void

> id (pointer to a column in the DW buffer) is not
> modifiable. What are you trying to accomplish?
>
> --
> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
>
> <JZ> wrote in message
> > news:4b059f69.c8f.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to modify a column id in my code. This is
> > what I have.
> >
> > ls_return = dw_report.Modify("part_prefix.id = 1")
> >
> > I get the error "Line 1 Column 16:incorrect syntax."
> >
> > Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > JZ
>
>


Brad Wery[TeamSybase] Posted on 2009-11-19 21:20:15.0Z
From: "Brad Wery[TeamSybase]" <bradweryatgmail.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 (Windows/20090812)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Modify Column ID
References: <4b05a477$1@forums-1-dub> <4b05abb4.ed6.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4b05abb4.ed6.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4b05b68f$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 Nov 2009 13:20:15 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258665615 10.22.241.152 (19 Nov 2009 13:20:15 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Nov 2009 13:20:15 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 73
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90319
Article PK: 409924

Why don't you export the dataobject and change it to the order you want
it to be in?

JZ wrote:
> I have a DataWindow that I want to do a SaveAs on to save it
> in Excel. This works fine. However, I want the columns to
> be in a different order in the excel file than they are
> currently in the datawindow.
>
> For example..in my column specification view...it lists the
> following.
> 1 part_prefix
> 2 part_base
> 3 part_suffix
> 4 compute_partcount
> 5 color
> 6 miln
> 7 void
>
> And that's exactly how its putting them in the excel file.
> For the Excel file, I want
> 1 part_prefix
> 2 part_base
> 3 part_suffix
> 4 miln
> 5 color
> 6 compute_partcount
> 7 void
>
>
>> id (pointer to a column in the DW buffer) is not
>> modifiable. What are you trying to accomplish?
>>
>> --
>> Report Bugs to Sybase:
>> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
>> Enhancement Requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>>
>> <JZ> wrote in message
>>> news:4b059f69.c8f.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to modify a column id in my code. This is
>>> what I have.
>>>
>>> ls_return = dw_report.Modify("part_prefix.id = 1")
>>>
>>> I get the error "Line 1 Column 16:incorrect syntax."
>>>
>>> Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> JZ
>>

--

*********************************************************************************************************
www.PowerToTheBuilder.com
- Take control of your GUI with a free PB user control library
- Get updates from my blog - blog.PowerToTheBuilder.com
- Get support from - forum.PowerToTheBuilder.com

*********************************************************************************************************
www.Werysoft.com
- Full featured database development tool for ASE, SQL Server, SQL
Anywhere and Oracle

Get productive today!

*********************************************************************************************************


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2009-11-19 23:07:14.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4b05a477$1@forums-1-dub> <4b05abb4.ed6.1681692777@sybase.com> <4b05b68f$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: Modify Column ID
Lines: 88
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4b05cfa2@forums-1-dub>
Date: 19 Nov 2009 15:07:14 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1258672034 10.22.241.152 (19 Nov 2009 15:07:14 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Nov 2009 15:07:14 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90320
Article PK: 409925

The first thing I'd try is opening the SQL and shuffling the order of
columns. This is drag and drop in graphic mode. Remember, the order in the
SQL and the order of the visual columns doesn't have to be the same. I bet
that's why ID is used to connect them!

--
Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:
http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

"Brad Wery[TeamSybase]" <bradweryatgmail.com> wrote in message
news:4b05b68f$1@forums-1-dub...
> Why don't you export the dataobject and change it to the order you want it
> to be in?
>
> JZ wrote:
>> I have a DataWindow that I want to do a SaveAs on to save it
>> in Excel. This works fine. However, I want the columns to
>> be in a different order in the excel file than they are
>> currently in the datawindow.
>>
>> For example..in my column specification view...it lists the
>> following.
>> 1 part_prefix
>> 2 part_base
>> 3 part_suffix
>> 4 compute_partcount
>> 5 color
>> 6 miln
>> 7 void
>>
>> And that's exactly how its putting them in the excel file. For the Excel
>> file, I want
>> 1 part_prefix
>> 2 part_base
>> 3 part_suffix
>> 4 miln
>> 5 color
>> 6 compute_partcount
>> 7 void
>>
>>
>>> id (pointer to a column in the DW buffer) is not
>>> modifiable. What are you trying to accomplish?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Report Bugs to Sybase:
>>> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
>>> Enhancement Requests:
>>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>>
>>>
>>> <JZ> wrote in message
>>>> news:4b059f69.c8f.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
>>>>
>>>> I'm trying to modify a column id in my code. This is
>>>> what I have.
>>>>
>>>> ls_return = dw_report.Modify("part_prefix.id = 1")
>>>>
>>>> I get the error "Line 1 Column 16:incorrect syntax."
>>>>
>>>> Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> JZ
>>>
>
> --
>
> *********************************************************************************************************
> www.PowerToTheBuilder.com
> - Take control of your GUI with a free PB user control library
> - Get updates from my blog - blog.PowerToTheBuilder.com
> - Get support from - forum.PowerToTheBuilder.com
>
> *********************************************************************************************************
> www.Werysoft.com
> - Full featured database development tool for ASE, SQL Server, SQL
> Anywhere and Oracle
>
> Get productive today!
>
> *********************************************************************************************************