Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Migration from PB 8 => PB 11

5 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2009-12-15 11:16:18.0Z
John Posted on 2009-12-10 16:28:33.0Z
Sender: 644a.4b1e6d7b.1804289383@sybase.com
From: John
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Migration from PB 8 => PB 11
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4b2121b1.47b0.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 10 Dec 2009 08:28:33 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1260462513 10.22.241.41 (10 Dec 2009 08:28:33 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Dec 2009 08:28:33 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 29
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90422
Article PK: 410028

Dear all,

Using PB11.

I had (PB 8) an invoice layout composite dw (header
,detail,footer) with vertical lines in the detail background
to separate different columns like prices , description etc.

All works great in PB 11 as long as my customers only have 1
invoice page.

From the moment there are 2 or more invoice pages , the
following mistakes happen

1) the vertical lines are nowhere to be seen on the second
(or more) page

2) the autosizeheight feature for the footer datawindow does
not work. It leaves a white space on the first page.

3) how can i let my detail records go the bottom of the
first page ?


Anyone have any idea's pls ?


TIA
John


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2009-12-10 17:24:19.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4b2121b1.47b0.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Migration from PB 8 => PB 11
Lines: 41
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4b212ec3$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 10 Dec 2009 09:24:19 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1260465859 10.22.241.152 (10 Dec 2009 09:24:19 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Dec 2009 09:24:19 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90423
Article PK: 410026

See the thread with the same title in the general group.
Please don't crosspost!

--
Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:
http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

<John> wrote in message news:4b2121b1.47b0.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Dear all,
>
> Using PB11.
>
> I had (PB 8) an invoice layout composite dw (header
> ,detail,footer) with vertical lines in the detail background
> to separate different columns like prices , description etc.
>
> All works great in PB 11 as long as my customers only have 1
> invoice page.
>
> From the moment there are 2 or more invoice pages , the
> following mistakes happen
>
> 1) the vertical lines are nowhere to be seen on the second
> (or more) page
>
> 2) the autosizeheight feature for the footer datawindow does
> not work. It leaves a white space on the first page.
>
> 3) how can i let my detail records go the bottom of the
> first page ?
>
>
> Anyone have any idea's pls ?
>
>
> TIA
> John


John Posted on 2009-12-14 11:20:32.0Z
Sender: 67bd.4b261ddd.1804289383@sybase.com
From: John
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: Migration from PB 8 => PB 11
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4b261f72.67ef.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4b212ec3$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 14 Dec 2009 03:20:32 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1260789632 10.22.241.41 (14 Dec 2009 03:20:32 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Dec 2009 03:20:32 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 61
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90433
Article PK: 410040

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but there are plenty reasons for a
repost

- original thread does not have a PB 11 solution, only
workarounds
- original thread more than a week old & unchanged
- the subject of my posts are the same, but the contents are
not the same, its a new and different issue compared to my
original post.

So can anyone either provide me a PB11 solution for my
original or this post please ?


TIA
John

> See the thread with the same title in the general group.
> Please don't crosspost!
>
> --
> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
>
> <John> wrote in message
> > news:4b2121b1.47b0.1681692777@sybase.com... Dear all,
> >
> > Using PB11.
> >
> > I had (PB 8) an invoice layout composite dw (header
> > ,detail,footer) with vertical lines in the detail
> > background to separate different columns like prices ,
> description etc. >
> > All works great in PB 11 as long as my customers only
> > have 1 invoice page.
> >
> > From the moment there are 2 or more invoice pages , the
> > following mistakes happen
> >
> > 1) the vertical lines are nowhere to be seen on the
> > second (or more) page
> >
> > 2) the autosizeheight feature for the footer datawindow
> > does not work. It leaves a white space on the first
> page. >
> > 3) how can i let my detail records go the bottom of the
> > first page ?
> >
> >
> > Anyone have any idea's pls ?
> >
> >
> > TIA
> > John
>
>


Scott Morris Posted on 2009-12-14 13:29:10.0Z
From: "Scott Morris" <bogus@bogus.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <4b212ec3$1@forums-1-dub> <4b261f72.67ef.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Migration from PB 8 => PB 11
Lines: 36
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4b263da6@forums-1-dub>
Date: 14 Dec 2009 05:29:10 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1260797350 10.22.241.152 (14 Dec 2009 05:29:10 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Dec 2009 05:29:10 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90434
Article PK: 410041


> So can anyone either provide me a PB11 solution for my
> original or this post please ?

Apparently not. Starting a new thread will generally require posting and
answering the same questions - unless someone points out the prior thread.
And a solution will require reading and digesting the information previously
posted - which was confusing to me at least.

My suggestion is that you start over with the design of your datawindow. It
sounds like a number of workarounds were involved in the original design,
which is causing problems in the upgraded version. Add to that mix the
confusing referrals to header, detail, and footer along with a composite
datawindow. It isn't clear what is embedded in your composite datawindow
nor where it is embedded nor what function each piece within the composite
serves. One example - "autosizeheight feature for the footer datawindow
- this refers to the datawindow embedded in the footer band of the
composite? And you've autosized the datawindow *and* the band? And how
would it (the datawindow) know what to display on each page of the
composite?

Another confusing comment - It sounds like there are multiple rows appearing
within the resultset that form a single "invoice" and that you want these
rows (which-all, some, the first x?) to go to the bottom of the first page?
So the content of the first page is dramatically (or maybe just "somewhat")
different from the second page?

Perhaps you could post a bit more detail about the datawindows you do have
and how they are intended to work together to produce a one or multip-page
invoice. It might also help to define the relationship between the
resultsets that are generated that produce this report. Is your design
based on producing a single invoice at a time - regardless of the number of
pages? I.e., you don't need to worry about generating multilple invoices
within one "retrieval" (or however you populate the datawindow)? Have you
considered using a grid datawindow?