Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Changing bmp

5 posts in Objects Last posting was on 2010-04-09 20:16:27.0Z
Julie Posted on 2010-04-09 14:59:06.0Z
Sender: 11c4.4bbb6e75.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Julie
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Changing bmp
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4bbf40ba.48d5.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 9 Apr 2010 07:59:06 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1270825146 10.22.241.41 (9 Apr 2010 07:59:06 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Apr 2010 07:59:06 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 5
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:9994
Article PK: 737123

I only have access to modify the datawindow. I don't have
access to the datawindow control. Is there a way to change
the .bmp on a datawindow at runtime.
Please help.
Thanks.


Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2010-04-09 15:19:50.0Z
From: "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.9) Gecko/20100317 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.4
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: Changing bmp
References: <4bbf40ba.48d5.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4bbf40ba.48d5.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4bbf4596$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Apr 2010 08:19:50 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1270826390 10.22.241.152 (9 Apr 2010 08:19:50 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Apr 2010 08:19:50 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 10
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:9996
Article PK: 737125

You can use an expression to specify different files based on certain
criteria at runtime.

On 4/9/2010 9:59 AM, Julie wrote:
> I only have access to modify the datawindow. I don't have
> access to the datawindow control. Is there a way to change
> the .bmp on a datawindow at runtime.
> Please help.
> Thanks.


Julie Posted on 2010-04-09 15:43:58.0Z
Sender: 11c4.4bbb6e75.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Julie
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: Changing bmp
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4bbf4b3e.4aca.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4bbf4596$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 9 Apr 2010 08:43:58 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1270827838 10.22.241.41 (9 Apr 2010 08:43:58 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Apr 2010 08:43:58 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 14
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:9997
Article PK: 737126

To write an expression, I have to write it on the datawindow
control. Right. the problem is that I only have the
datawindow. The datawindow_control is owned by a third
party and I can't modify.

> You can use an expression to specify different files based
> on certain criteria at runtime.
>
>
> On 4/9/2010 9:59 AM, Julie wrote:
> > I only have access to modify the datawindow. I don't
> > have access to the datawindow control. Is there a way
> > to change the .bmp on a datawindow at runtime.
> > Please help.
> > Thanks.


Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2010-04-09 16:38:07.0Z
From: "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.9) Gecko/20100317 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.4
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: Changing bmp
References: <4bbf4596$1@forums-1-dub> <4bbf4b3e.4aca.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4bbf4b3e.4aca.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4bbf57ef$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Apr 2010 09:38:07 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1270831087 10.22.241.152 (9 Apr 2010 09:38:07 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Apr 2010 09:38:07 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 35
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:9999
Article PK: 737128

The datawindow control sits on the window object and is modified with
PowerScript. The expression that I'm referring to is on the datawindow
itself and is accessed in the datawindow painter (not the window
painter). In looking closer, though, that particular property does not
support expressions. You would have to create a computed field on the
datawindow (again, in the datawindow painter) and change its expression to:
bitmap("filename")

This, of course, would be part of a larger expression that might look
something like:
if ( columnname = 1, bitmap ( "filename1.bmp" ) , bitmap (
"filename2.bmp" ) )


If you don't have access to the datawindow painter, then you have no way
to modify any aspect of the datawindow at all. :(

On 4/9/2010 10:43 AM, Julie wrote:
> To write an expression, I have to write it on the datawindow
> control. Right. the problem is that I only have the
> datawindow. The datawindow_control is owned by a third
> party and I can't modify.
>> You can use an expression to specify different files based
>> on certain criteria at runtime.
>>
>>
>> On 4/9/2010 9:59 AM, Julie wrote:
>>> I only have access to modify the datawindow. I don't
>>> have access to the datawindow control. Is there a way
>>> to change the .bmp on a datawindow at runtime.
>>> Please help.
>>> Thanks.


Julie Posted on 2010-04-09 20:16:27.0Z
Sender: 11c4.4bbb6e75.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Julie
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
Subject: Re: Changing bmp
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4bbf8b1b.53ac.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4bbf57ef$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 9 Apr 2010 13:16:27 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1270844187 10.22.241.41 (9 Apr 2010 13:16:27 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Apr 2010 13:16:27 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 41
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects:10000
Article PK: 737129

Thank you Jason. Great Idea!
I do have access to dw painter.
Thanks again.

> The datawindow control sits on the window object and is
> modified with PowerScript. The expression that I'm
> referring to is on the datawindow itself and is accessed
> in the datawindow painter (not the window painter). In
> looking closer, though, that particular property does not
> support expressions. You would have to create a computed
> field on the datawindow (again, in the datawindow
> painter) and change its expression to: bitmap("filename")
>
> This, of course, would be part of a larger expression that
> might look something like:
> if ( columnname = 1, bitmap ( "filename1.bmp" ) , bitmap (
> "filename2.bmp" ) )
>
>
> If you don't have access to the datawindow painter, then
> you have no way to modify any aspect of the datawindow at
> all. :(
>
>
>
>
> On 4/9/2010 10:43 AM, Julie wrote:
> > To write an expression, I have to write it on the
> > datawindow control. Right. the problem is that I only
> > have the datawindow. The datawindow_control is owned by
> > a third party and I can't modify.
> >> You can use an expression to specify different files
> based >> on certain criteria at runtime.
> >>
> >>
> >> On 4/9/2010 9:59 AM, Julie wrote:
> >>> I only have access to modify the datawindow. I don't
> >>> have access to the datawindow control. Is there a way
> >>> to change the .bmp on a datawindow at runtime.
> >>> Please help.
> >>> Thanks.