Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Problem after updating from build 11.0.1.2355 to 2467 for .Net 2

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2010-08-10 21:04:12.0Z
SJ Posted on 2010-07-29 22:18:38.0Z
Sender: 73ec.4c51fb9e.1804289383@sybase.com
From: SJ
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Problem after updating from build 11.0.1.2355 to 2467 for .Net 2
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4c51fe3e.7445.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 29 Jul 2010 15:18:38 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1280441918 10.22.241.41 (29 Jul 2010 15:18:38 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 29 Jul 2010 15:18:38 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 28
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:8069
Article PK: 7093

Hello,

After I updating to the latest build 2467, I will get an
error 'Index was outside the bound of array' from part of
code as below with DataTable and SADataAdapter.Fill.

public DataTable GetDataTable(string strSQL)
{
DataTable dt = new DataTable();
m_asaCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
m_asaCommand.CommandText = strSQL;
SADataAdapter dataAdaptor = new
SADataAdapter(m_asaCommand);
dataAdaptor.Fill(dt);
return dt;
}


It used to work fine with build 2355. Have anyone
encountered this problem before? I make sure to reference to
the right C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere
11\Assembly\V2\iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere.dll for .Net
Framework 2.

Any quick suggestion are appreciated.

Thanks,
Sudarat.


SJ Posted on 2010-07-30 14:11:02.0Z
Sender: 73ec.4c51fb9e.1804289383@sybase.com
From: SJ
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Problem after updating from build 11.0.1.2355 to 2467 for .Net 2
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4c52dd76.5353.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4c51fe3e.7445.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 30 Jul 2010 07:11:02 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1280499062 10.22.241.41 (30 Jul 2010 07:11:02 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 30 Jul 2010 07:11:02 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 58
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:8070
Article PK: 7092

Hello,

I look into this more. The statement that cause the problem
is about Temporary Table:

Before - which work fine with build 2355

Select path From #Temp

I have to change to below for build 2467

Select Cast(path As Varchar) As path From #Temp

I have to specify the data type to avoid the error. It seems
to me that the behavior for Temporay Table are changed.

I have many places in stored procedures using Temp table. Do
you have any setting that I can set and made the behavior to
be the same as build 2355?

Do you have any other behavior changes in this 2467 build?

Any suggestions are very apprecited.

Thanks,
Sudarat.

> Hello,
>
> After I updating to the latest build 2467, I will get an
> error 'Index was outside the bound of array' from part of
> code as below with DataTable and SADataAdapter.Fill.
>
> public DataTable GetDataTable(string strSQL)
> {
> DataTable dt = new DataTable();
> m_asaCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
> ;
> m_asaCommand.CommandText = strSQL;
> SADataAdapter dataAdaptor = new
> SADataAdapter(m_asaCommand);
> dataAdaptor.Fill(dt);
> return dt;
> }
>
>
> It used to work fine with build 2355. Have anyone
> encountered this problem before? I make sure to reference
> to the right C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere
> 11\Assembly\V2\iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere.dll for .Net
> Framework 2.
>
> Any quick suggestion are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Sudarat.


Ivan T. Bowman [Sybase iAnywhere] Posted on 2010-08-04 01:44:08.0Z
From: "Ivan T. Bowman [Sybase iAnywhere]" <ibowman@ianywhere.NOSPAM.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <4c51fe3e.7445.1681692777@sybase.com> <4c52dd76.5353.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Problem after updating from build 11.0.1.2355 to 2467 for .Net 2
Lines: 80
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3664
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3664
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4c58c5e8$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 3 Aug 2010 18:44:08 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1280886248 10.22.241.152 (3 Aug 2010 18:44:08 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 3 Aug 2010 18:44:08 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:8072
Article PK: 7094

Hello Sudarat,

I'm not aware of any changes related to temporary tables. It seems more
likely to me that this is a problem related to the data type of your column
and the data stored in it.Could you share the definition of the path column?
Also, could you tell us whether you have multi-byte characters stored in the
column? The exprtype() builtin or sa_describe_query() may be of use in
finding this information.

The change you are seeing could be related to the way the server describes
the column path or it could be due to a change in the .Net driver.
Additional information will help us answer your questions.

Thank you,
--
Ivan T. Bowman
SQL Anywhere Research and Development
[Sybase iAnywhere]

<SJ> wrote in message news:4c52dd76.5353.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> I look into this more. The statement that cause the problem
> is about Temporary Table:
>
> Before - which work fine with build 2355
>
> Select path From #Temp
>
> I have to change to below for build 2467
>
> Select Cast(path As Varchar) As path From #Temp
>
> I have to specify the data type to avoid the error. It seems
> to me that the behavior for Temporay Table are changed.
>
> I have many places in stored procedures using Temp table. Do
> you have any setting that I can set and made the behavior to
> be the same as build 2355?
>
> Do you have any other behavior changes in this 2467 build?
>
> Any suggestions are very apprecited.
>
> Thanks,
> Sudarat.
>
>
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> After I updating to the latest build 2467, I will get an
>> error 'Index was outside the bound of array' from part of
>> code as below with DataTable and SADataAdapter.Fill.
>>
>> public DataTable GetDataTable(string strSQL)
>> {
>> DataTable dt = new DataTable();
>> m_asaCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
>> ;
>> m_asaCommand.CommandText = strSQL;
>> SADataAdapter dataAdaptor = new
>> SADataAdapter(m_asaCommand);
>> dataAdaptor.Fill(dt);
>> return dt;
>> }
>>
>>
>> It used to work fine with build 2355. Have anyone
>> encountered this problem before? I make sure to reference
>> to the right C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere
>> 11\Assembly\V2\iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere.dll for .Net
>> Framework 2.
>>
>> Any quick suggestion are appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sudarat.


SJ Posted on 2010-08-10 21:04:12.0Z
Sender: 982.4c61bd73.1804289383@sybase.com
From: SJ
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Problem after updating from build 11.0.1.2355 to 2467 for .Net 2
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4c61becc.9a6.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4c58c5e8$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 10 Aug 2010 14:04:12 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1281474252 10.22.241.41 (10 Aug 2010 14:04:12 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Aug 2010 14:04:12 -0700, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 96
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:8076
Article PK: 7099

Hi,

Sorry for delay reply. I just check back in again because I
have wait for some times and no one answer. Therefore I
decided to open the case with your support. I will keep an
update when I get the result back. The problem happens with
Select into Temp database with multiple Data Types and
execute the select via string as Execute(@string).

Thanks,
Sudarat.

> Hello Sudarat,
>
> I'm not aware of any changes related to temporary tables.
> It seems more likely to me that this is a problem related
> to the data type of your column and the data stored in
> it.Could you share the definition of the path column?
> Also, could you tell us whether you have multi-byte
> characters stored in the column? The exprtype() builtin
> or sa_describe_query() may be of use in finding this
> information.
>
> The change you are seeing could be related to the way the
> server describes the column path or it could be due to a
> change in the .Net driver. Additional information will
> help us answer your questions.
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Ivan T. Bowman
> SQL Anywhere Research and Development
> [Sybase iAnywhere]
>
> <SJ> wrote in message
> > news:4c52dd76.5353.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
> >
> > I look into this more. The statement that cause the
> > problem is about Temporary Table:
> >
> > Before - which work fine with build 2355
> >
> > Select path From #Temp
> >
> > I have to change to below for build 2467
> >
> > Select Cast(path As Varchar) As path From #Temp
> >
> > I have to specify the data type to avoid the error. It
> > seems to me that the behavior for Temporay Table are
> changed. >
> > I have many places in stored procedures using Temp
> > table. Do you have any setting that I can set and made
> > the behavior to be the same as build 2355?
> >
> > Do you have any other behavior changes in this 2467
> build? >
> > Any suggestions are very apprecited.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sudarat.
> >
> >
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> After I updating to the latest build 2467, I will get
> an >> error 'Index was outside the bound of array' from
> part of >> code as below with DataTable and
> SADataAdapter.Fill. >>
> >> public DataTable GetDataTable(string strSQL)
> >> {
> >> DataTable dt = new DataTable();
> >> m_asaCommand.CommandType =
> CommandType.StoredProcedure >> ;
> >> m_asaCommand.CommandText = strSQL;
> >> SADataAdapter dataAdaptor = new
> >> SADataAdapter(m_asaCommand);
> >> dataAdaptor.Fill(dt);
> >> return dt;
> >> }
> >>
> >>
> >> It used to work fine with build 2355. Have anyone
> >> encountered this problem before? I make sure to
> reference >> to the right C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere
> >> 11\Assembly\V2\iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere.dll for .Net
> >> Framework 2.
> >>
> >> Any quick suggestion are appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Sudarat.
>
>