Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Advantage Conf Utility ... crashes with 'mouseover' ADS 10.x

4 posts in Networking Last posting was on 2010-12-08 16:52:10.0Z
Chris Gillard Posted on 2010-11-12 12:38:58.0Z
Reply-To: "Chris Gillard" <chris@bluesquare.co.uk>
From: "Chris Gillard" <chris@bluesquare.co.uk>
Newsgroups: advantage.networking
Subject: Advantage Conf Utility ... crashes with 'mouseover' ADS 10.x
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:38:58 -0000
Lines: 1088
Organization: Blue Square Software
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5994
NNTP-Posting-Host: 82.69.104.234
Message-ID: <4cdd3492@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 12 Nov 2010 05:35:30 -0700, 82.69.104.234
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!82.69.104.234
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:944
Article PK: 1132356

Hi,

We have this happening at two sites where we have installed ADS version 10,
one on Windows 2008 64bit, one on Windows 2003 32 bit.

Configuration utility GUI comes up and appears ok but move the mouse over
any button and it gpf's even before you click.

You can move over the tabs without a problem.

Have attached an image, or tried anyway.

Any thought please.

Chris Gillard

ELITE_ADS_PROBLEM.png

Chris Gillard Posted on 2010-11-12 12:40:00.0Z
Reply-To: "Chris Gillard" <chris@bluesquare.co.uk>
From: "Chris Gillard" <chris@bluesquare.co.uk>
Newsgroups: advantage.networking
References: <4cdd3492@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Advantage Conf Utility ... crashes with 'mouseover' ADS 10.x
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:40:00 -0000
Lines: 26
Organization: Blue Square Software
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5994
NNTP-Posting-Host: 82.69.104.234
Message-ID: <4cdd34d0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 12 Nov 2010 05:36:32 -0700, 82.69.104.234
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!82.69.104.234
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:945
Article PK: 1132354

Sorry ... the above post was supposed to be a new thread .... will try to
repost.

Chris

"Chris Gillard" <chris@bluesquare.co.uk> wrote in message
news:4cdd3492@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Hi,
>
> We have this happening at two sites where we have installed ADS version
> 10, one on Windows 2008 64bit, one on Windows 2003 32 bit.
>
> Configuration utility GUI comes up and appears ok but move the mouse over
> any button and it gpf's even before you click.
>
> You can move over the tabs without a problem.
>
> Have attached an image, or tried anyway.
>
> Any thought please.
>
> Chris Gillard
>
>


Chris Gillard Posted on 2010-11-12 12:42:33.0Z
Reply-To: "Chris Gillard" <chris@bluesquare.co.uk>
From: "Chris Gillard" <chris@bluesquare.co.uk>
Newsgroups: advantage.networking
References: <4cdd3492@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4cdd34d0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Subject: Re: Advantage Conf Utility ... crashes with 'mouseover' ADS 10.x
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:42:33 -0000
Lines: 40
Organization: Blue Square Software
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5994
NNTP-Posting-Host: 82.69.104.234
Message-ID: <4cdd3572@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 12 Nov 2010 05:39:14 -0700, 82.69.104.234
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!82.69.104.234
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:946
Article PK: 1132355

Hi,

Sorry again ... it IS in a new thread, so its fine.

Any thoughts on the problem would be appreciated.

Regards

Chris

"Chris Gillard" <chris@bluesquare.co.uk> wrote in message
news:4cdd34d0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
> Sorry ... the above post was supposed to be a new thread .... will try to
> repost.
>
> Chris
>
> "Chris Gillard" <chris@bluesquare.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:4cdd3492@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have this happening at two sites where we have installed ADS version
>> 10, one on Windows 2008 64bit, one on Windows 2003 32 bit.
>>
>> Configuration utility GUI comes up and appears ok but move the mouse over
>> any button and it gpf's even before you click.
>>
>> You can move over the tabs without a problem.
>>
>> Have attached an image, or tried anyway.
>>
>> Any thought please.
>>
>> Chris Gillard
>>
>>
>
>


Edgar Sherman Posted on 2010-12-08 16:52:10.0Z
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 09:52:10 -0700
From: Edgar Sherman <no@email.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101027 Thunderbird/3.1.6
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: advantage.networking
Subject: Re: Advantage Conf Utility ... crashes with 'mouseover' ADS 10.x
References: <4cdd3492@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4cdd34d0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <4cdd3572@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4cdd3572@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.6.193.121
Message-ID: <4cffb6db@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 8 Dec 2010 09:48:27 -0700, 10.6.193.121
Lines: 53
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.6.193.121
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Networking:947
Article PK: 1132357

I really don't have any thoughts, but I do have some questions.

Are you on the physical box or are you remoted in (and if so, how)?

Does it happen with other applications? Here are two you can look at:
Windows Explorer:
mouse over three icons on the right (just below the search)
Advantage Help File:
Mouse over the forward, back, and mail icons on the right.

Edgar

On 11/12/2010 5:42 AM, Chris Gillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry again ... it IS in a new thread, so its fine.
>
> Any thoughts on the problem would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris
>
> "Chris Gillard"<chris@bluesquare.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:4cdd34d0@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>> Sorry ... the above post was supposed to be a new thread .... will try to
>> repost.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> "Chris Gillard"<chris@bluesquare.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:4cdd3492@solutions.advantagedatabase.com...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We have this happening at two sites where we have installed ADS version
>>> 10, one on Windows 2008 64bit, one on Windows 2003 32 bit.
>>>
>>> Configuration utility GUI comes up and appears ok but move the mouse over
>>> any button and it gpf's even before you click.
>>>
>>> You can move over the tabs without a problem.
>>>
>>> Have attached an image, or tried anyway.
>>>
>>> Any thought please.
>>>
>>> Chris Gillard
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>