Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

M-Biz Server accessing external application

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2010-11-17 11:36:15.0Z
Shao Chan Posted on 2010-11-15 14:10:05.0Z
Reply-To: "Shao Chan" <nospam@nospam.com>
From: "Shao Chan" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
Subject: M-Biz Server accessing external application
Lines: 33
Organization: Civica
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5994
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ce13f3d@forums-1-dub>
Date: 15 Nov 2010 06:10:05 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1289830205 10.22.241.152 (15 Nov 2010 06:10:05 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Nov 2010 06:10:05 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:1524
Article PK: 9472

M-Biz 7

Hi all,

We currently have an online application that can be accessed via the M-Biz
client.

As I understand it, when you click on links on the M-Biz client, it goes to
the backend M-Biz server, retrieves the linked pages from the internet and
then passes it back to the M-Biz client (i.e. the M-Biz client does all its
surfing via the M-Biz server).

The problem I have is that the application we access is a Java/JSP
application hosted via Tomcat.

If we access the application directly via Internet Explorer on different PCs
then we have different sessions.

However, if we have several PDAs accessing the application via the M-Biz
client which in turn goes to the M-Biz server to access the Tomcat
application server, all these requests are seen as the same session.

Therefore if 2 people add something to their basket, when looking at the
basket on both PDAs both will have 2 items.

How can I configure / code M-Biz to access Tomcat as a separate session from
each PDA?

Cheers,

Shao


Jeff Albion [Sybase iAnywhere] Posted on 2010-11-16 18:43:48.0Z
From: "Jeff Albion [Sybase iAnywhere]" <firstname.lastname@sybase.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101027 Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1.6
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
Subject: Re: M-Biz Server accessing external application
References: <4ce13f3d@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4ce13f3d@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ce2d0e4@forums-1-dub>
Date: 16 Nov 2010 10:43:48 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1289933028 10.22.241.152 (16 Nov 2010 10:43:48 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Nov 2010 10:43:48 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 27
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:1528
Article PK: 18011

Hi Shao,

On 15/11/2010 9:10 AM, Shao Chan wrote:
> How can I configure / code M-Biz to access Tomcat as a separate session from
> each PDA?

Not sure; This might be a better question for a Tomcat forum: if I have
multiple clients coming from the same reverse proxy server, how can I
uniquely identify each Tomcat session ?

Question: Have you verified that the cookie "JSESSIONID" is the same for
all of these requests as well? Is there some way you can change this
information? (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/595872/under-what-conditions-is-a-jsessionid-created
) ?

Regards,

--
Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere, an SAP Company

iAnywhere Developer Community :
http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
Report a Bug/Open a Case : http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/


Shao Chan Posted on 2010-11-17 08:35:56.0Z
Reply-To: "Shao Chan" <nospam@nospam.com>
From: "Shao Chan" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
References: <4ce13f3d@forums-1-dub> <4ce2d0e4@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: M-Biz Server accessing external application
Lines: 51
Organization: Civica
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5994
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ce393ec$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 17 Nov 2010 00:35:56 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1289982956 10.22.241.152 (17 Nov 2010 00:35:56 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Nov 2010 00:35:56 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:1534
Article PK: 18014

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for that. I'll ask the question on the Tomcat forum.

However:
1) The fact that the M-Business Client can run online and access other
websites would suggest that this would be a problem for other people trying
to develop an appplication.
2) Even if there was something we can do at the Tomcat side of things, it
would require something to be done on the M-Biz server side of things also
right? Otherwise, how can Tomcat know one M-Biz server request from
another?

Cheers,

Shao

"Jeff Albion [Sybase iAnywhere]" <firstname.lastname@sybase.com> wrote in
message news:4ce2d0e4@forums-1-dub...
> Hi Shao,
>
> On 15/11/2010 9:10 AM, Shao Chan wrote:
>> How can I configure / code M-Biz to access Tomcat as a separate session
>> from
>> each PDA?
>
> Not sure; This might be a better question for a Tomcat forum: if I have
> multiple clients coming from the same reverse proxy server, how can I
> uniquely identify each Tomcat session ?
>
> Question: Have you verified that the cookie "JSESSIONID" is the same for
> all of these requests as well? Is there some way you can change this
> information? (
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/595872/under-what-conditions-is-a-jsessionid-created )
> ?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere, an SAP Company
>
> iAnywhere Developer Community :
> http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
> iAnywhere Documentation :
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
> SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
> http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
> Report a Bug/Open a Case : http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/


Shao Chan Posted on 2010-11-17 11:36:15.0Z
Reply-To: "Shao Chan" <nospam@nospam.com>
From: "Shao Chan" <nospam@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general
References: <4ce13f3d@forums-1-dub> <4ce2d0e4@forums-1-dub> <4ce393ec$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: M-Biz Server accessing external application
Lines: 71
Organization: Civica
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5994
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ce3be2f$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 17 Nov 2010 03:36:15 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1289993775 10.22.241.152 (17 Nov 2010 03:36:15 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Nov 2010 03:36:15 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.mbusinessanywhere.general:1535
Article PK: 9477

Hi Jeff,

Worked with Technical Support on this issue.

Realised that one PDA was using the same credentials as another PDA and the
M-Biz server caches data/sessions by M-Biz user id.

Should have realised that as a possibility earlier.

Thanks for your reply on this issue.

Cheers,

Shao

"Shao Chan" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:4ce393ec$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Thanks for that. I'll ask the question on the Tomcat forum.
>
> However:
> 1) The fact that the M-Business Client can run online and access other
> websites would suggest that this would be a problem for other people
> trying to develop an appplication.
> 2) Even if there was something we can do at the Tomcat side of things, it
> would require something to be done on the M-Biz server side of things also
> right? Otherwise, how can Tomcat know one M-Biz server request from
> another?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Shao
>
>
> "Jeff Albion [Sybase iAnywhere]" <firstname.lastname@sybase.com> wrote in
> message news:4ce2d0e4@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi Shao,
>>
>> On 15/11/2010 9:10 AM, Shao Chan wrote:
>>> How can I configure / code M-Biz to access Tomcat as a separate session
>>> from
>>> each PDA?
>>
>> Not sure; This might be a better question for a Tomcat forum: if I have
>> multiple clients coming from the same reverse proxy server, how can I
>> uniquely identify each Tomcat session ?
>>
>> Question: Have you verified that the cookie "JSESSIONID" is the same for
>> all of these requests as well? Is there some way you can change this
>> information? (
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/595872/under-what-conditions-is-a-jsessionid-created )
>> ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Albion, Sybase iAnywhere, an SAP Company
>>
>> iAnywhere Developer Community :
>> http://www.sybase.com/developer/library/sql-anywhere-techcorner
>> iAnywhere Documentation :
>> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
>> SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
>> http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/summary.do?baseprod=144&client=ianywhere&timeframe=0
>> Report a Bug/Open a Case : http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/
>
>