Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

ASE 15.0.3 in Windows 2008. R2 (x64)

2 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2011-02-09 16:07:05.0Z
Harimanikandan.V Posted on 2011-02-09 04:14:45.0Z
Sender: 54e9.4d5212f0.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Harimanikandan.V
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.general
Subject: ASE 15.0.3 in Windows 2008. R2 (x64)
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4d5214b5.551e.1681692777@sybase.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 8 Feb 2011 20:14:45 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1297224885 10.22.241.41 (8 Feb 2011 20:14:45 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Feb 2011 20:14:45 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 45
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.general:29938
Article PK: 79167

My Dear,
We are running ASE 15.0.3 in windows 2003(x86)32bit ,Now
our company bought Windows 2008 R2 (x64) ,as per Sybase
recommended link
http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/platformDetail.do?certId=3061&platformId=133&productId=2


Windows 2008 R2 (x64)


ID Product Prod Version Prod Word Size OS
Version Status
3061 ASE 15.0 64-bit Windows 2008 R2 (x64)
Certified

But now I install in this in Windows 2008 sever ,Sybase not
allowed me to Initializing ASE 15.0.3 it showing this error
“ASE booted on Windows (unrecognized or unsupported
version) build 7600 “,Please help in this .

Regards
Harimanikandan

error log:
2011/02/08 15:52:41.64 kernel
Using C:\sybase\ as the 'SYBASE' environment variable, found
during startup.
Using OCS-15_0 as the 'SYBASE_OCS' environment variable,
found during startup.
Using ASE-15_0 as the 'SYBASE_ASE' environment variable,
found during startup.
ASE booted on Windows (unrecognized or unsupported version)
build 7600 .
Using 'C:\sybase\JSCSYB.cfg' for configuration information.
Logging ASE messages in file
'C:\sybase\ASE-15_0\install\JSCSYB.log'.
Initializing MSDTC Connection
End output from 'sqlsrvr'.
Task failed: create the master device. Terminating
configuration.
Configuration failed.
Exiting.
The log file for this session is
'C:\sybase\ASE-15_0\init\logs\log0208.007'.
Log close.


J Posted on 2011-02-09 16:07:05.0Z
From: jtotally_bogus@sbcglobal.net (J)
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.general
Subject: Re: ASE 15.0.3 in Windows 2008. R2 (x64)
Reply-To: J@bogusemailAddress.com
Message-ID: <4d52ba89.518273734@forums.sybase.com>
References: <4d5214b5.551e.1681692777@sybase.com>
X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.21/32.243
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Date: 9 Feb 2011 08:07:05 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1297267625 10.22.241.152 (9 Feb 2011 08:07:05 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Feb 2011 08:07:05 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 55
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.general:29944
Article PK: 79175

On 8 Feb 2011 20:14:45 -0800, Harimanikandan.V wrote:

I found a reference in "solved cases". It said that a similar user hit
CR 619625 which was addressed by upgrading to 15.0.3 ESD#4.

I used keywords " windows 2008 build 7600"

J

>My Dear,
> We are running ASE 15.0.3 in windows 2003(x86)32bit ,Now
>our company bought Windows 2008 R2 (x64) ,as per Sybase
>recommended link
>http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/platformDetail.do?certId=3d3061&platformId=3d133&productId=3d2
>
>
>Windows 2008 R2 (x64)
>
>
>ID Product Prod Version Prod Word Size OS
>Version Status
>3061 ASE 15.0 64-bit Windows 2008 R2 (x64)
>Certified
>
>But now I install in this in Windows 2008 sever ,Sybase not
>allowed me to Initializing ASE 15.0.3 it showing this error
>=93ASE booted on Windows (unrecognized or unsupported
>version) build 7600 =93,Please help in this .
>
>Regards
>Harimanikandan
>
>error log:
>2011/02/08 15:52:41.64 kernel
>Using C:\sybase\ as the 'SYBASE' environment variable, found
>during startup.
>Using OCS-15_0 as the 'SYBASE_OCS' environment variable,
>found during startup.
>Using ASE-15_0 as the 'SYBASE_ASE' environment variable,
>found during startup.
>ASE booted on Windows (unrecognized or unsupported version)
>build 7600 .
>Using 'C:\sybase\JSCSYB.cfg' for configuration information.
>Logging ASE messages in file
>'C:\sybase\ASE-15_0\install\JSCSYB.log'.
>Initializing MSDTC Connection
>End output from 'sqlsrvr'.
>Task failed: create the master device. Terminating
>configuration.
>Configuration failed.
>Exiting.
>The log file for this session is
>'C:\sybase\ASE-15_0\init\logs\log0208.007'.
>Log close.