Computing Services and the Department of Information Resources and Technology (IRT) invites applications for a Programmer Analyst. This position is responsible for administrative and technical functions for Application Development. The successful candidate is a self-motivated team player who works effectively with technical and non-technical customers and team members to contribute to the achievement of the goals of Computing Services and IRT. This position reports to the Director of Application Development in Computing Services. Occasional extended and off-hours work will be required.
Bradley University is a distinctive, medium-size, comprehensive private institution of higher learning. The University is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in central Illinois. With approximately 5,000 undergraduate and 800 graduate students, Bradley offers the opportunities and choices of a larger university (with over 130 programs in five colleges, plus a graduate school) and the quality, personal attention, and challenge of a small private college. Bradley is rich in tradition and full of promise to become one of the nation's best comprehensive universities. For additional information about the University visit www.bradley.edu.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a related field or 5 or more years of IT experience.
Experience with application development and relational database software, and the ability to function in a multi-server environment with an understanding of web servers, database servers and application server technology is required.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in Java, SQL and project coordination. Desired experience includes using Eclipse or other IDE tools and client/server application development and support.
Respect for cultural differences and tactfulness are a must. Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills are required. An understanding of the university environment and the range of users of university administrative applications are a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Work in a team environment with ongoing collaboration among team members, other Computing Services units, and various other campus offices to ensure responsiveness, quality service, and cost-efficiency.
· Work with a number of programming languages and tools and know which is appropriate for a particular task. Identify and learn new languages as technology evolves or strategy indicates.
· Identify, design and develop computer applications as a member of a project team as initiatives are identified for the University.
· Further develop, improve, and maintain current systems, including determining and resolving program/data errors and problems in coordination with functional users. Ensure timely problem resolutions.
· Communicate information about projects and application development to Director of Application Development, Computing Services staff and to business customers. Maintain quality customer communication and relationships. Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
Must be legally able to work in the United States; no OPT or visa sponsorship is available. No relocation package is available.
Qualified candidates should submit letter of application addressing the qualifications for the position, current resume and complete contact information for three professional references electronically to email@example.com or via direct mail to:
Programmer Analyst Search Chair
Peoria, IL 61625
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups. Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.