Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

pb mobile

12 posts in PB Futures Discussion Last posting was on 2011-12-23 20:53:31.0Z
Marco Posted on 2011-12-22 14:21:54.0Z
Sender: 66d9.4ef33b6f.1804289383@sybase.com
From: marco
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
Subject: pb mobile
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 22 Dec 2011 06:21:54 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1324563714 172.20.134.41 (22 Dec 2011 06:21:54 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Dec 2011 06:21:54 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 11
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28168
Article PK: 452495

Hi all,
does anyone know if is planned a Pb version to deploy on
iOs, Android or windows Phone ? (like Adobe Flash Builder or
Delphi XE2)

I think it's time, many customers asks us a porting or
remake of classic PB win applications to new mobile
platforms.

Thanks
Marco


Adrian Galvan Posted on 2011-12-22 15:18:26.0Z
From: Adrian Galvan <agalvan_no_spam_@audisys.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
Subject: Re: pb mobile
References: <4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ef34a42@forums-1-dub>
Date: 22 Dec 2011 07:18:26 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1324567106 10.22.241.152 (22 Dec 2011 07:18:26 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Dec 2011 07:18:26 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 17
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28169
Article PK: 452494

I agree. I don't see a roadmap for this.

Regards,
Adrian

El 22/12/2011 08:21 a.m., marco escribió:

> Hi all,
> does anyone know if is planned a Pb version to deploy on
> iOs, Android or windows Phone ? (like Adobe Flash Builder or
> Delphi XE2)
>
> I think it's time, many customers asks us a porting or
> remake of classic PB win applications to new mobile
> platforms.
>
> Thanks
> Marco


Chris Keating (Sybase, an SAP Company) Posted on 2011-12-22 15:36:04.0Z
From: "Chris Keating (Sybase, an SAP Company)" <last_name@sybase.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
Subject: Re: pb mobile
References: <4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com> <4ef34a42@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4ef34a42@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ef34e64$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 22 Dec 2011 07:36:04 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1324568164 10.22.241.152 (22 Dec 2011 07:36:04 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Dec 2011 07:36:04 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 21
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28170
Article PK: 452496

Sybase Unwired Platform is currently offering this functionality.

On 22/12/2011 10:18 AM, Adrian Galvan wrote:
> I agree. I don't see a roadmap for this.
>
> Regards,
> Adrian
>
> El 22/12/2011 08:21 a.m., marco escribió:
>> Hi all,
>> does anyone know if is planned a Pb version to deploy on
>> iOs, Android or windows Phone ? (like Adobe Flash Builder or
>> Delphi XE2)
>>
>> I think it's time, many customers asks us a porting or
>> remake of classic PB win applications to new mobile
>> platforms.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Marco


Marco Posted on 2011-12-22 17:38:52.0Z
Sender: 690e.4ef341d4.1804289383@sybase.com
From: marco
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
Subject: Re: pb mobile
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4ef36b2c.735a.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4ef34e64$1@forums-1-dub>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 22 Dec 2011 09:38:52 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1324575532 172.20.134.41 (22 Dec 2011 09:38:52 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Dec 2011 09:38:52 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 33
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28171
Article PK: 452506

I have used SUP 1.5,
is not a RAD , is too expensive (it needs SUP Server and a
fee for each device) and the most important thing it doesn't
use PowerScript and therefore there is no way to migrate
existing Pb applications.

I think that Sybase should provide, inside PowerBuilder, a
compiler for Android and iOs (as provided for .Net) !!!

Marco

> Sybase Unwired Platform is currently offering this
> functionality.
>
> On 22/12/2011 10:18 AM, Adrian Galvan wrote:
> > I agree. I don't see a roadmap for this.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrian
> >
> > El 22/12/2011 08:21 a.m., marco escribió:
> >> Hi all,
> >> does anyone know if is planned a Pb version to deploy
> on >> iOs, Android or windows Phone ? (like Adobe Flash
> Builder or >> Delphi XE2)
> >>
> >> I think it's time, many customers asks us a porting or
> >> remake of classic PB win applications to new mobile
> >> platforms.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Marco
>


Rick Minucci Posted on 2011-12-23 18:24:21.0Z
From: "Rick Minucci" <rick@minucci.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
References: <4ef34e64$1@forums-1-dub> <4ef36b2c.735a.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: pb mobile
Lines: 38
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.6157
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ef4c755$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Dec 2011 10:24:21 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1324664661 10.22.241.152 (23 Dec 2011 10:24:21 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Dec 2011 10:24:21 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28180
Article PK: 452504

I Agree!!!!!

<marco> wrote in message news:4ef36b2c.735a.1681692777@sybase.com...
I have used SUP 1.5,
is not a RAD , is too expensive (it needs SUP Server and a
fee for each device) and the most important thing it doesn't
use PowerScript and therefore there is no way to migrate
existing Pb applications.

I think that Sybase should provide, inside PowerBuilder, a
compiler for Android and iOs (as provided for .Net) !!!

Marco

> Sybase Unwired Platform is currently offering this
> functionality.
>
> On 22/12/2011 10:18 AM, Adrian Galvan wrote:
> > I agree. I don't see a roadmap for this.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrian
> >
> > El 22/12/2011 08:21 a.m., marco escribió:
> >> Hi all,
> >> does anyone know if is planned a Pb version to deploy
> on >> iOs, Android or windows Phone ? (like Adobe Flash
> Builder or >> Delphi XE2)
> >>
> >> I think it's time, many customers asks us a porting or
> >> remake of classic PB win applications to new mobile
> >> platforms.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Marco
>


Chris Pollach Posted on 2011-12-22 18:58:34.0Z
From: "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
References: <4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: pb mobile
Lines: 38
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.6109
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ef37dda$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 22 Dec 2011 10:58:34 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1324580314 10.22.241.152 (22 Dec 2011 10:58:34 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Dec 2011 10:58:34 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: pb125beta
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28173
Article PK: 452497

Hi Marco;

This aspect will be covered soon by Appeon. They already are the best at
webifying (J2EE or .Net deployment) and cloudifying (already certified on
Azure) any PB application to be SaaS ready. The company is currently working
on an updated version of their software that will support Tablets and Smart
devices using the O/S's you mentioned. Appeon will allow you to deploy
either native applications or HTML5 based browser versions to these devices.

Appeon's CEO (Armeen Mazda) demonstrated this at Sybase's Techwave
conference last fall. 2012 looks really exciting IMHO from the mobility
point-of-view when using this product! :-)

FYI: http://www.appeon.com/about/NewsDetail-8b6e46af4b7d6fdc.html

HTH

--
Regards ... Chris
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass

<marco> wrote in message news:4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi all,
> does anyone know if is planned a Pb version to deploy on
> iOs, Android or windows Phone ? (like Adobe Flash Builder or
> Delphi XE2)
>
> I think it's time, many customers asks us a porting or
> remake of classic PB win applications to new mobile
> platforms.
>
> Thanks
> Marco


Marco Posted on 2011-12-22 20:27:58.0Z
Sender: 7aee.4ef390e1.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Marco
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
Subject: Re: pb mobile
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4ef392cd.7b4f.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4ef37dda$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 22 Dec 2011 12:27:58 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1324585678 172.20.134.41 (22 Dec 2011 12:27:58 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Dec 2011 12:27:58 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 48
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28174
Article PK: 452501

Thank you Chris for your information,
but i think that i should buy also Appeon server.

Marco

> Hi Marco;
>
> This aspect will be covered soon by Appeon. They
> already are the best at webifying (J2EE or .Net
> deployment) and cloudifying (already certified on Azure)
> any PB application to be SaaS ready. The company is
> currently working on an updated version of their software
> that will support Tablets and Smart devices using the
> O/S's you mentioned. Appeon will allow you to deploy
> either native applications or HTML5 based browser versions
> to these devices.
>
> Appeon's CEO (Armeen Mazda) demonstrated this at
> Sybase's Techwave conference last fall. 2012 looks really
> exciting IMHO from the mobility point-of-view when using
> this product! :-)
>
> FYI:
>
http://www.appeon.com/about/NewsDetail-8b6e46af4b7d6fdc.html
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
>
> <marco> wrote in message
> > news:4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi all,
> > does anyone know if is planned a Pb version to deploy on
> > iOs, Android or windows Phone ? (like Adobe Flash
> > Builder or Delphi XE2)
> >
> > I think it's time, many customers asks us a porting or
> > remake of classic PB win applications to new mobile
> > platforms.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Marco
>
>


Chris Pollach Posted on 2011-12-23 14:38:35.0Z
From: "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
References: <4ef37dda$1@forums-1-dub> <4ef392cd.7b4f.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: pb mobile
Lines: 61
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.6109
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ef4926b$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Dec 2011 06:38:35 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1324651115 10.22.241.152 (23 Dec 2011 06:38:35 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Dec 2011 06:38:35 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: pb125beta
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28175
Article PK: 452498

The Appeon product comes with the PB IDE "plug-in", x-compilers and either
an IIs and/or J2EE Application server. :-)

--
Regards ... Chris
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass

<Marco> wrote in message news:4ef392cd.7b4f.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Thank you Chris for your information,
> but i think that i should buy also Appeon server.
>
> Marco
>> Hi Marco;
>>
>> This aspect will be covered soon by Appeon. They
>> already are the best at webifying (J2EE or .Net
>> deployment) and cloudifying (already certified on Azure)
>> any PB application to be SaaS ready. The company is
>> currently working on an updated version of their software
>> that will support Tablets and Smart devices using the
>> O/S's you mentioned. Appeon will allow you to deploy
>> either native applications or HTML5 based browser versions
>> to these devices.
>>
>> Appeon's CEO (Armeen Mazda) demonstrated this at
>> Sybase's Techwave conference last fall. 2012 looks really
>> exciting IMHO from the mobility point-of-view when using
>> this product! :-)
>>
>> FYI:
>>
> http://www.appeon.com/about/NewsDetail-8b6e46af4b7d6fdc.html
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> --
>> Regards ... Chris
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
>> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>
>>
>> <marco> wrote in message
>> > news:4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi all,
>> > does anyone know if is planned a Pb version to deploy on
>> > iOs, Android or windows Phone ? (like Adobe Flash
>> > Builder or Delphi XE2)
>> >
>> > I think it's time, many customers asks us a porting or
>> > remake of classic PB win applications to new mobile
>> > platforms.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Marco
>>
>>


Rick Minucci Posted on 2011-12-23 18:26:17.0Z
From: "Rick Minucci" <rick@minucci.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
References: <4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com> <4ef37dda$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: pb mobile
Lines: 45
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.6157
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ef4c7c9$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Dec 2011 10:26:17 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1324664777 10.22.241.152 (23 Dec 2011 10:26:17 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Dec 2011 10:26:17 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28181
Article PK: 452505

Again not a solution for the small business !!!

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
news:4ef37dda$1@forums-1-dub...
> Hi Marco;
>
> This aspect will be covered soon by Appeon. They already are the best
> at webifying (J2EE or .Net deployment) and cloudifying (already certified
> on Azure) any PB application to be SaaS ready. The company is currently
> working on an updated version of their software that will support Tablets
> and Smart devices using the O/S's you mentioned. Appeon will allow you to
> deploy either native applications or HTML5 based browser versions to these
> devices.
>
> Appeon's CEO (Armeen Mazda) demonstrated this at Sybase's Techwave
> conference last fall. 2012 looks really exciting IMHO from the mobility
> point-of-view when using this product! :-)
>
> FYI: http://www.appeon.com/about/NewsDetail-8b6e46af4b7d6fdc.html
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
>
> <marco> wrote in message news:4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Hi all,
>> does anyone know if is planned a Pb version to deploy on
>> iOs, Android or windows Phone ? (like Adobe Flash Builder or
>> Delphi XE2)
>>
>> I think it's time, many customers asks us a porting or
>> remake of classic PB win applications to new mobile
>> platforms.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Marco
>
>


mybad Posted on 2011-12-23 18:57:00.0Z
From: mybad <mybad@anywhere.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
Subject: Re: pb mobile
References: <4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com> <4ef37dda$1@forums-1-dub> <4ef4c7c9$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4ef4c7c9$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ef4cefc$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Dec 2011 10:57:00 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1324666620 10.22.241.152 (23 Dec 2011 10:57:00 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Dec 2011 10:57:00 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 49
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28183
Article PK: 452509

Why? Initial $ output?

On 23/12/2011 1:26 PM, Rick Minucci wrote:
> Again not a solution for the small business !!!
>
> "Chris Pollach"<cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
> news:4ef37dda$1@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi Marco;
>>
>> This aspect will be covered soon by Appeon. They already are the best
>> at webifying (J2EE or .Net deployment) and cloudifying (already certified
>> on Azure) any PB application to be SaaS ready. The company is currently
>> working on an updated version of their software that will support Tablets
>> and Smart devices using the O/S's you mentioned. Appeon will allow you to
>> deploy either native applications or HTML5 based browser versions to these
>> devices.
>>
>> Appeon's CEO (Armeen Mazda) demonstrated this at Sybase's Techwave
>> conference last fall. 2012 looks really exciting IMHO from the mobility
>> point-of-view when using this product! :-)
>>
>> FYI: http://www.appeon.com/about/NewsDetail-8b6e46af4b7d6fdc.html
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> --
>> Regards ... Chris
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
>> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>
>>
>> <marco> wrote in message news:4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com...
>>> Hi all,
>>> does anyone know if is planned a Pb version to deploy on
>>> iOs, Android or windows Phone ? (like Adobe Flash Builder or
>>> Delphi XE2)
>>>
>>> I think it's time, many customers asks us a porting or
>>> remake of classic PB win applications to new mobile
>>> platforms.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Marco
>>
>>
>
>


Trevor Holyoak Posted on 2011-12-23 20:53:31.0Z
From: Trevor Holyoak <trevorh@uuinsurance.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
Subject: Re: pb mobile
References: <4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com> <4ef37dda$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <4ef37dda$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ef4ea4b$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 23 Dec 2011 12:53:31 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1324673611 10.22.241.152 (23 Dec 2011 12:53:31 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 23 Dec 2011 12:53:31 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 25
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28186
Article PK: 452510

I personally don't expect it until 2013. Unfortunately the mobile
landscape could be very different by then.

In the meantime, I'm learning to program for Android natively.

- Trevor

On 12/22/2011 11:58 AM, Chris Pollach wrote:
> Hi Marco;
>
> This aspect will be covered soon by Appeon. They already are the best at
> webifying (J2EE or .Net deployment) and cloudifying (already certified on
> Azure) any PB application to be SaaS ready. The company is currently working
> on an updated version of their software that will support Tablets and Smart
> devices using the O/S's you mentioned. Appeon will allow you to deploy
> either native applications or HTML5 based browser versions to these devices.
>
> Appeon's CEO (Armeen Mazda) demonstrated this at Sybase's Techwave
> conference last fall. 2012 looks really exciting IMHO from the mobility
> point-of-view when using this product! :-)
>
> FYI: http://www.appeon.com/about/NewsDetail-8b6e46af4b7d6fdc.html
>
> HTH
>


Chris Craft Posted on 2011-12-22 18:00:03.0Z
From: "Chris Craft" <NOChrisATfamoussoftwareDOTcom>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
References: <4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: pb mobile
Lines: 33
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.6157
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4ef37023$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 22 Dec 2011 10:00:03 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1324576803 10.22.241.152 (22 Dec 2011 10:00:03 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 22 Dec 2011 10:00:03 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28172
Article PK: 452507

I would love to see PocketBuilder come back again! We have just implemented
a very simple mobile application and was forced to use VS because Sybase
EOL'd PocketBuilder. As I was doing it in VS though I thought it would be a
fun excercise to code it in PocketBuilder as well just to compare. I have
to say (although this was a very limited test) it is so nice being able to
do things in PB using the DW. One simple example - I was forced to use a
ListView in VS and the limitations on that are interesting. The DW has
autosize height - the listview doesn't. I would have had to code a custom
object just to get that to work.

Anyway, I think PocketBuilder was a little ahead of its time but now with
everything going mobile in some way or another it sure would be nice to kick
off the dust and re-introduce it as another target within PB (which was a
rumor at one point in time). I think it might be a great partner product
for SUP as well. Being able to do everything in PB - can you imagine (this
is a futures discussion right)?

Chris Craft

<marco> wrote in message news:4ef33d02.678a.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi all,
> does anyone know if is planned a Pb version to deploy on
> iOs, Android or windows Phone ? (like Adobe Flash Builder or
> Delphi XE2)
>
> I think it's time, many customers asks us a porting or
> remake of classic PB win applications to new mobile
> platforms.
>
> Thanks
> Marco