Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Difference status and status2 in sysdatabases table

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2012-01-16 09:59:37.0Z
tom-tom Posted on 2012-01-14 06:01:18.0Z
Sender: 6e50.4f111869.1804289383@sybase.com
From: tom-tom
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.general
Subject: Difference status and status2 in sysdatabases table
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4f111a2e.6ebf.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 13 Jan 2012 22:01:18 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1326520878 172.20.134.41 (13 Jan 2012 22:01:18 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jan 2012 22:01:18 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 8
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.general:30826
Article PK: 73716

Hi,

What is the difference between the two columns (status and
status2) in sysdatabases table? How about the numbers in
those fields? What does the number indicate in those fields
or does it have meaning if the status is 0 or 1 or 2 and so
forth? From what I read, 256 status means a 'suspect'. Thank
you very much


Rob V Posted on 2012-01-14 19:50:54.0Z
From: Rob V <rob@sypron.nl>
Reply-To: rob@sypron.nl
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0) Gecko/20111222 Thunderbird/9.0.1
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.general
Subject: Re: Difference status and status2 in sysdatabases table
References: <4f111a2e.6ebf.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <4f111a2e.6ebf.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4f11dc9e$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 14 Jan 2012 11:50:54 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1326570654 10.22.241.152 (14 Jan 2012 11:50:54 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 14 Jan 2012 11:50:54 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 32
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.general:30828
Article PK: 73718


On 14-Jan-2012 07:01, tom-tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the difference between the two columns (status and
> status2) in sysdatabases table? How about the numbers in
> those fields? What does the number indicate in those fields
> or does it have meaning if the status is 0 or 1 or 2 and so
> forth? From what I read, 256 status means a 'suspect'. Thank
> you very much

See the documentation: http://tinyurl.com/7bphdvs


--
HTH,

Rob V.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Verschoor

Certified Professional DBA for Sybase ASE, IQ, Replication Server

Author of Sybase books (order online at www.sypron.nl/shop):
"Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase ASE"
"The Complete Sybase IQ Quick Reference Guide" (new!)
"The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
"The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference Guide"

rob@NO.SPAM.sypron.nl | www.sypron.nl | Twitter: @rob_verschoor
Sypron B.V., The Netherlands | Chamber of Commerce 27138666
-----------------------------------------------------------------


tom-tom Posted on 2012-01-16 01:31:09.0Z
Sender: 1843.4f137093.1804289383@sybase.com
From: tom-tom
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.general
Subject: Re: Difference status and status2 in sysdatabases table
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4f137ddd.1adf.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4f11dc9e$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 15 Jan 2012 17:31:09 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1326677469 172.20.134.41 (15 Jan 2012 17:31:09 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 15 Jan 2012 17:31:09 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 41
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.general:30829
Article PK: 73719


> On 14-Jan-2012 07:01, tom-tom wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the difference between the two columns (status
> > and status2) in sysdatabases table? How about the
> > numbers in those fields? What does the number indicate
> > in those fields or does it have meaning if the status is
> > 0 or 1 or 2 and so forth? From what I read, 256 status
> > means a 'suspect'. Thank you very much
>
>
> See the documentation: http://tinyurl.com/7bphdvs
>
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> Rob V.
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> ------- Rob Verschoor
>
> Certified Professional DBA for Sybase ASE, IQ, Replication
> Server
>
> Author of Sybase books (order online at
> www.sypron.nl/shop): "Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase
> ASE" "The Complete Sybase IQ Quick Reference Guide" (new!)
> "The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
> "The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference
> Guide"
>
> rob@NO.SPAM.sypron.nl | www.sypron.nl | Twitter:
> @rob_verschoor Sypron B.V., The Netherlands | Chamber of
> Commerce 27138666
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> -------

Hi,

I have 0, 12 and 524 for a status which are not on the list.
Any idea? Thank you very much.


Luc Van der Veurst Posted on 2012-01-16 09:59:37.0Z
From: "Luc Van der Veurst" <dba_azvub@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.general
References: <4f11dc9e$1@forums-1-dub> <4f137ddd.1adf.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Difference status and status2 in sysdatabases table
Lines: 51
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.6157
X-Forwarded: by - (DeleGate/5.8.7)
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4f13f509$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 16 Jan 2012 01:59:37 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1326707977 10.22.241.152 (16 Jan 2012 01:59:37 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 16 Jan 2012 01:59:37 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.general:30830
Article PK: 73720

You have to split the number into a sum of powers of 2.

0 = no status flag set
12 = 8 + 4
524 = 512 + 8 + 4

<tom-tom> wrote in message news:4f137ddd.1adf.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> On 14-Jan-2012 07:01, tom-tom wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > What is the difference between the two columns (status
>> > and status2) in sysdatabases table? How about the
>> > numbers in those fields? What does the number indicate
>> > in those fields or does it have meaning if the status is
>> > 0 or 1 or 2 and so forth? From what I read, 256 status
>> > means a 'suspect'. Thank you very much
>>
>>
>> See the documentation: http://tinyurl.com/7bphdvs
>>
>>
>> --
>> HTH,
>>
>> Rob V.
>> ----------------------------------------------------------
>> ------- Rob Verschoor
>>
>> Certified Professional DBA for Sybase ASE, IQ, Replication
>> Server
>>
>> Author of Sybase books (order online at
>> www.sypron.nl/shop): "Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase
>> ASE" "The Complete Sybase IQ Quick Reference Guide" (new!)
>> "The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
>> "The Complete Sybase Replication Server Quick Reference
>> Guide"
>>
>> rob@NO.SPAM.sypron.nl | www.sypron.nl | Twitter:
>> @rob_verschoor Sypron B.V., The Netherlands | Chamber of
>> Commerce 27138666
>> ----------------------------------------------------------
>> -------
>
> Hi,
>
> I have 0, 12 and 524 for a status which are not on the list.
> Any idea? Thank you very much.