Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

The browsing machine must have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed

4 posts in General Last posting was on 2012-04-05 20:05:54.0Z
Mahendra Bhandari Posted on 2012-02-06 12:16:17.0Z
Sender: 1691.4f2fc406.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Mahendra Bhandari
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
Subject: The browsing machine must have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4f2fc491.16ab.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 6 Feb 2012 04:16:17 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1328530577 172.20.134.41 (6 Feb 2012 04:16:17 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 6 Feb 2012 04:16:17 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 15
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:436
Article PK: 776

Hi,

After installing Afaria Server & Admin when I Clicked on
Afaria Administrator Shortcut am getting the below error.
However Dot Net Framework is already installed.

"The browsing machine must have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
installed to successfully launch the Afaria Administrator."

Waiting for revert!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

KR,
Mahendra


Sabin Larrañaga Posted on 2012-02-06 16:08:36.0Z
Sender: 215d.4f2ffa1a.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Sabin Larrañaga
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
Subject: Re: The browsing machine must have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4f2ffb04.2196.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4f2fc491.16ab.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 6 Feb 2012 08:08:36 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1328544516 172.20.134.41 (6 Feb 2012 08:08:36 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 6 Feb 2012 08:08:36 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 23
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:438
Article PK: 777

Hi,

Check that you have activated the .net on the IIS role, is
one of the role services for IIS.

Sabin

> Hi,
>
> After installing Afaria Server & Admin when I Clicked on
> Afaria Administrator Shortcut am getting the below error.
> However Dot Net Framework is already installed.
>
> "The browsing machine must have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
> installed to successfully launch the Afaria
> Administrator."
>
> Waiting for revert!!!
>
> Thanks in advance!!!
>
> KR,
> Mahendra


Mahendra Bhandari Posted on 2012-02-07 04:31:53.0Z
Sender: 4004.4f30a8bd.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Mahendra Bhandari
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
Subject: Re: The browsing machine must have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4f30a939.401f.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4f2ffb04.2196.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 6 Feb 2012 20:31:53 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1328589113 172.20.134.41 (6 Feb 2012 20:31:53 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 6 Feb 2012 20:31:53 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 33
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:440
Article PK: 779

Hi Sabin,

Without activating Dot Net on IIS role or feature you are
not able to install Afaria Admin. I guess this issue is with
IE 9.

KR,
Mahendra

> Hi,
>
> Check that you have activated the .net on the IIS role, is
> one of the role services for IIS.
>
> Sabin
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > After installing Afaria Server & Admin when I Clicked on
> > Afaria Administrator Shortcut am getting the below
> > error. However Dot Net Framework is already installed.
> >
> > "The browsing machine must have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
> > installed to successfully launch the Afaria
> > Administrator."
> >
> > Waiting for revert!!!
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!!
> >
> > KR,
> > Mahendra


Dr. Ferrol Blackmon Posted on 2012-04-05 20:05:54.0Z
Sender: 53f1.4f7dfaa9.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Dr. Ferrol Blackmon
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
Subject: Re: The browsing machine must have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4f7dfb22.540d.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4f30a939.401f.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 5 Apr 2012 13:05:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1333656354 172.20.134.41 (5 Apr 2012 13:05:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 5 Apr 2012 13:05:54 -0700, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 41
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:463
Article PK: 803

Hi Mahendra,

In IE 9, try going to Tools and turn on Compatibility View.
That should fix the issue.

Dr. Ferrol Blackmon
Sybase/SAP

> Hi Sabin,
>
> Without activating Dot Net on IIS role or feature you are
> not able to install Afaria Admin. I guess this issue is
> with IE 9.
>
> KR,
> Mahendra
>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Check that you have activated the .net on the IIS role,
> > is one of the role services for IIS.
> >
> > Sabin
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > After installing Afaria Server & Admin when I Clicked
> > > on Afaria Administrator Shortcut am getting the below
> > > error. However Dot Net Framework is already installed.
> > >
> > > "The browsing machine must have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
> > > installed to successfully launch the Afaria
> > > Administrator."
> > >
> > > Waiting for revert!!!
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!!!
> > >
> > > KR,
> > > Mahendra