Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Afaria Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) support

6 posts in General Last posting was on 2012-12-06 08:48:25.0Z
Tim Burden Posted on 2012-07-12 23:16:34.0Z
Sender: 43a6.4ffee85a.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Tim Burden
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
Subject: Afaria Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) support
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4fff5ad2.53f1.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 12 Jul 2012 16:16:34 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1342134994 172.20.134.41 (12 Jul 2012 16:16:34 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Jul 2012 16:16:34 -0700, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 12
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:510
Article PK: 847

Hello,

I recently tried to enroll in the Google C2DM program only
to find that this service is being discontinued and Google
is no longer accepting enrollment applications.

This service is being replaced by Google Cloud Messaging
(GCM). Is there a solution in place to use this in
conjunction with Afaria similar to C2DM?

Thank you in advance,
~Tim


Mahendra Bhandari Posted on 2012-08-30 14:14:50.0Z
Sender: 4d3d.503f754b.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Mahendra Bhandari
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
Subject: Re: Afaria Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) support
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <503f755a.4d40.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4fff5ad2.53f1.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 30 Aug 2012 07:14:50 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1346336090 172.20.134.41 (30 Aug 2012 07:14:50 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 30 Aug 2012 07:14:50 -0700, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 30
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:526
Article PK: 863

Hi Tim,

C2DM has been officially deprecated as of June 26, 2012.
This means that C2DM has stopped accepting new users and
quota requests. No new features will be added to C2DM.
However, apps using C2DM will continue to work. Existing
C2DM developers are encouraged to migrate to the new version
of C2DM, called Google Cloud Messaging for Android (GCM).
See the C2DM-to-GCM Migration document for more information.
Developers must use GCM for new development.

For details kindly go through the below mentioned URL,
1) https://developers.google.com/android/c2dm/
2) http://developer.android.com/guide/google/gcm/index.html

KR,
~ MB

> Hello,
>
> I recently tried to enroll in the Google C2DM program only
> to find that this service is being discontinued and Google
> is no longer accepting enrollment applications.
>
> This service is being replaced by Google Cloud Messaging
> (GCM). Is there a solution in place to use this in
> conjunction with Afaria similar to C2DM?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> ~Tim


Mahendra Bhandari Posted on 2012-08-30 14:22:14.0Z
Sender: 4d3d.503f754b.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Mahendra Bhandari
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
Subject: Re: Afaria Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) support
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <503f7712.4dd6.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <503f755a.4d40.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 30 Aug 2012 07:22:14 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1346336534 172.20.134.41 (30 Aug 2012 07:22:14 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 30 Aug 2012 07:22:14 -0700, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 64
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:527
Article PK: 864

Hi Tim,

SYMPTOM:
Google has deprecated C2DM and replaced it with GCM.

CAUSE:
This is a known issue that has been addressed in a software
update for the listed product version(s) and component(s).


SOLUTION:
Download and apply the related software update. Please
review the Release Notes for complete details of all issues
resolved with this software update and any important
implementation information.


MORE INFORMATION:
Hotfix 1 for Afaria 7 is available



RELATED SOFTWARE UPDATES:

Afaria 7 Service Pack 01 Hot Fix 2
[Release Notes]

Hope this will help!!!

Cheers!!!

Mahendra Bhandari

> Hi Tim,
>
> C2DM has been officially deprecated as of June 26, 2012.
> This means that C2DM has stopped accepting new users and
> quota requests. No new features will be added to C2DM.
> However, apps using C2DM will continue to work. Existing
> C2DM developers are encouraged to migrate to the new
> version of C2DM, called Google Cloud Messaging for Android
> (GCM). See the C2DM-to-GCM Migration document for more
> information. Developers must use GCM for new development.
>
> For details kindly go through the below mentioned URL,
> 1) https://developers.google.com/android/c2dm/
> 2)
> http://developer.android.com/guide/google/gcm/index.html
>
> KR,
> ~ MB
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently tried to enroll in the Google C2DM program
> > only to find that this service is being discontinued and
> > Google is no longer accepting enrollment applications.
> >
> > This service is being replaced by Google Cloud Messaging
> > (GCM). Is there a solution in place to use this in
> > conjunction with Afaria similar to C2DM?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> > ~Tim


Tim B. Posted on 2012-10-18 22:08:06.0Z
Sender: 22b5.508036e8.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Tim B.
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
Subject: Re: Afaria Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) support
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <50807dc6.2cef.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <503f7712.4dd6.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 18 Oct 2012 15:08:06 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1350598086 172.20.134.41 (18 Oct 2012 15:08:06 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 18 Oct 2012 15:08:06 -0700, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 73
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:542
Article PK: 879

Hi Mahendra,

Is there a solution in place for Afaria 6.6? We have not
upgraded as of yet.

Thanks,
Tim

> Hi Tim,
>
> SYMPTOM:
> Google has deprecated C2DM and replaced it with GCM.
>
> CAUSE:
> This is a known issue that has been addressed in a
> software update for the listed product version(s) and
> component(s).
>
>
> SOLUTION:
> Download and apply the related software update. Please
> review the Release Notes for complete details of all
> issues resolved with this software update and any
> important implementation information.
>
>
> MORE INFORMATION:
> Hotfix 1 for Afaria 7 is available
>
>
>
> RELATED SOFTWARE UPDATES:
>
> Afaria 7 Service Pack 01 Hot Fix 2
> [Release Notes]
>
> Hope this will help!!!
>
> Cheers!!!
>
> Mahendra Bhandari
>
> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > C2DM has been officially deprecated as of June 26, 2012.
> > This means that C2DM has stopped accepting new users and
> > quota requests. No new features will be added to C2DM.
> > However, apps using C2DM will continue to work. Existing
> > C2DM developers are encouraged to migrate to the new
> > version of C2DM, called Google Cloud Messaging for
> > Android (GCM). See the C2DM-to-GCM Migration document
> > for more information. Developers must use GCM for new
> development. >
> > For details kindly go through the below mentioned URL,
> > 1) https://developers.google.com/android/c2dm/
> > 2)
> > http://developer.android.com/guide/google/gcm/index.html
> >
> > KR,
> > ~ MB
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I recently tried to enroll in the Google C2DM program
> > > only to find that this service is being discontinued
> > > and Google is no longer accepting enrollment
> > applications. >
> > > This service is being replaced by Google Cloud
> > > Messaging (GCM). Is there a solution in place to use
> > > this in conjunction with Afaria similar to C2DM?
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance,
> > > ~Tim


vinodman.nair Posted on 2012-09-05 07:09:34.0Z
Sender: 11fa.5046f909.1804289383@sybase.com
From: vinodman.nair@bluefinsolutions.com
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
Subject: Re: Afaria Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) support
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <5046faae.128e.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4fff5ad2.53f1.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 5 Sep 2012 00:09:34 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1346828974 172.20.134.41 (5 Sep 2012 00:09:34 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 5 Sep 2012 00:09:34 -0700, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 14
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:531
Article PK: 869

This is exactly my question as well.. any guides/update on
this?

> Hello,
>
> I recently tried to enroll in the Google C2DM program only
> to find that this service is being discontinued and Google
> is no longer accepting enrollment applications.
>
> This service is being replaced by Google Cloud Messaging
> (GCM). Is there a solution in place to use this in
> conjunction with Afaria similar to C2DM?
>
> Thank you in advance,


Mahendra Bhandari Posted on 2012-12-06 08:48:25.0Z
Sender: 1bff.50c05b27.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Mahendra Bhandari
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.afaria.general
Subject: Re: Afaria Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) support
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <50c05bd9.1c18.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <5046faae.128e.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 6 Dec 2012 00:48:25 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1354783705 172.20.134.41 (6 Dec 2012 00:48:25 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 6 Dec 2012 00:48:25 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 21
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.afaria.general:550
Article PK: 1158166

SAP Afaria comes up with Afaria 7 SP1 to get rid of this
problem.

Cheers,
~ MB

> This is exactly my question as well.. any guides/update on
> this?
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently tried to enroll in the Google C2DM program
> > only to find that this service is being discontinued and
> > Google is no longer accepting enrollment applications.
> >
> > This service is being replaced by Google Cloud Messaging
> > (GCM). Is there a solution in place to use this in
> > conjunction with Afaria similar to C2DM?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,