Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map

12 posts in PB Futures Discussion Last posting was on 2012-08-13 13:45:59.0Z
Chris Pollach Posted on 2012-08-02 19:19:22.0Z
From: Chris Pollach <cpollach@travel-net.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120713 Thunderbird/14.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
Subject: New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 2 Aug 2012 12:19:22 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1343935162 172.20.134.152 (2 Aug 2012 12:19:22 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 2 Aug 2012 12:19:22 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 22
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28514
Article PK: 452838

Hi All;

No pressure here but ... the new Visual Studio 2012 is being released
on August 15th
(http://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2012/08/03/visual-studio-2012-released-aug-15.aspx)
with some very significant upgrades.

This really re-emphasizes (IMHO) the importance of SAP updating &
reaffirming the PB 15 road map. I think that PB 15 needs to address some
of the VS 2012 targeted features - especially for W8. Failing to put
these type of key VS features on PB 15's feature list could be another
significant blow to PB's future.


--
Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Vice President: ISUG
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com


John Strano[SAP] Posted on 2012-08-03 14:24:40.0Z
From: "John Strano[SAP]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
References: <501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map
Lines: 36
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3664
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3664
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <501bdf28@forums-1-dub>
Date: 3 Aug 2012 07:24:40 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1344003880 172.20.134.152 (3 Aug 2012 07:24:40 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 3 Aug 2012 07:24:40 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28517
Article PK: 452846

How does everyone feel W8 uptake is going and how do you feel it will
continue?
How about Metro? (Although the "Metro" moniker seems to have been dropped.)
i.e.: What demand do you feel your users/customers will have for it near
and/or long term?

--
John Strano - Technology Evangelist

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
news:501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hi All;
>
> No pressure here but ... the new Visual Studio 2012 is being released on
> August 15th
> (http://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2012/08/03/visual-studio-2012-released-aug-15.aspx)
> with some very significant upgrades.
>
> This really re-emphasizes (IMHO) the importance of SAP updating &
> reaffirming the PB 15 road map. I think that PB 15 needs to address some
> of the VS 2012 targeted features - especially for W8. Failing to put these
> type of key VS features on PB 15's feature list could be another
> significant blow to PB's future.
>
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Vice President: ISUG
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com


Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2012-08-06 14:16:32.0Z
From: "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120713 Thunderbird/14.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
Subject: Re: New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map
References: <501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub> <501bdf28@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <501bdf28@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <501fd1c0$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 6 Aug 2012 07:16:32 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1344262592 172.20.134.152 (6 Aug 2012 07:16:32 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 6 Aug 2012 07:16:32 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 25
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28520
Article PK: 452842

I've said this before, but I'll repeat it as many times as necessary.
[grain of salt: I haven't had a chance to actually use Metro. I've only
seen the blog posts, demo videos, and such.]

I personally feel that Metro is only good for data consumption. I find
it hard to imagine using Metro for any kind of knowledge work. Things
like writing blog posts to writing applications to LOB data-entry all
seem cumbersome in a Metro interface. Can anyone imagine using Visual
Studio in Metro? (I'm about to read up on the release scheduled for Aug
15th.)

Unfortunately, I also feel that Microsoft is force-feeding Metro to the
world. Yes, you can switch back to the classic desktop, but they've
already labeled that as "legacy" which leads me to believe that it's not
going to stick around.

On 08/03/2012 9:24 AM, John Strano[SAP] wrote:
> How does everyone feel W8 uptake is going and how do you feel it will
> continue?
> How about Metro? (Although the "Metro" moniker seems to have been dropped.)
> i.e.: What demand do you feel your users/customers will have for it near
> and/or long term?
>


Fred Posted on 2012-08-06 18:00:48.0Z
Sender: 3b0c.5020054c.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Fred
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
Subject: Re: New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <50200650.3b38.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <501fd1c0$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 6 Aug 2012 11:00:48 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1344276048 172.20.134.41 (6 Aug 2012 11:00:48 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 6 Aug 2012 11:00:48 -0700, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 33
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28521
Article PK: 452844

"Designing Metro Style Line of Business Apps"

http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Visual-Studio-Toolbox/Designing-Metro-Style-Line-of-Business-Apps

> I've said this before, but I'll repeat it as many times as
> necessary. [grain of salt: I haven't had a chance to
> actually use Metro. I've only seen the blog posts, demo
> videos, and such.]
>
> I personally feel that Metro is only good for data
> consumption. I find it hard to imagine using Metro for
> any kind of knowledge work. Things like writing blog
> posts to writing applications to LOB data-entry all seem
> cumbersome in a Metro interface. Can anyone imagine using
> Visual Studio in Metro? (I'm about to read up on the
> release scheduled for Aug 15th.)
>
> Unfortunately, I also feel that Microsoft is force-feeding
> Metro to the world. Yes, you can switch back to the
> classic desktop, but they've already labeled that as
> "legacy" which leads me to believe that it's not going to
> stick around.
>
>
>
> On 08/03/2012 9:24 AM, John Strano[SAP] wrote:
> > How does everyone feel W8 uptake is going and how do you
> > feel it will continue?
> > How about Metro? (Although the "Metro" moniker seems to
> > have been dropped.) i.e.: What demand do you feel your
> > users/customers will have for it near and/or long term?
> >


Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2012-08-06 21:10:59.0Z
From: "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120713 Thunderbird/14.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
Subject: Re: New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map
References: <501fd1c0$1@forums-1-dub> <50200650.3b38.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <50200650.3b38.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <502032e3$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 6 Aug 2012 14:10:59 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1344287459 172.20.134.152 (6 Aug 2012 14:10:59 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 6 Aug 2012 14:10:59 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 38
X-Authenticated-User: teamsybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28522
Article PK: 452855

After watching that video, my opinion has NOT changed.

On 08/06/2012 1:00 PM, Fred wrote:
> "Designing Metro Style Line of Business Apps"
>
> http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Visual-Studio-Toolbox/Designing-Metro-Style-Line-of-Business-Apps
>
>
>> I've said this before, but I'll repeat it as many times as
>> necessary. [grain of salt: I haven't had a chance to
>> actually use Metro. I've only seen the blog posts, demo
>> videos, and such.]
>>
>> I personally feel that Metro is only good for data
>> consumption. I find it hard to imagine using Metro for
>> any kind of knowledge work. Things like writing blog
>> posts to writing applications to LOB data-entry all seem
>> cumbersome in a Metro interface. Can anyone imagine using
>> Visual Studio in Metro? (I'm about to read up on the
>> release scheduled for Aug 15th.)
>>
>> Unfortunately, I also feel that Microsoft is force-feeding
>> Metro to the world. Yes, you can switch back to the
>> classic desktop, but they've already labeled that as
>> "legacy" which leads me to believe that it's not going to
>> stick around.
>>
>>
>>
>> On 08/03/2012 9:24 AM, John Strano[SAP] wrote:
>>> How does everyone feel W8 uptake is going and how do you
>>> feel it will continue?
>>> How about Metro? (Although the "Metro" moniker seems to
>>> have been dropped.) i.e.: What demand do you feel your
>>> users/customers will have for it near and/or long term?
>>>


Roland Smith [TeamSybase] Posted on 2012-08-03 16:54:06.0Z
From: "Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith@trusthss.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
References: <501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub> <501bdf28@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map
Lines: 45
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.6157
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <501c022e@forums-1-dub>
Date: 3 Aug 2012 09:54:06 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1344012846 172.20.134.152 (3 Aug 2012 09:54:06 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 3 Aug 2012 09:54:06 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28518
Article PK: 452850

Officially supporting PB apps in W8's Classic App mode or whatever they end
up calling it should be done ASAP. Even if nobody actually uses it, it will
give all the PHB's who are on the fence about keeping PB a nice warm fuzzy.

"John Strano[SAP]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote in message
news:501bdf28@forums-1-dub...
> How does everyone feel W8 uptake is going and how do you feel it will
> continue?
> How about Metro? (Although the "Metro" moniker seems to have been
> dropped.)
> i.e.: What demand do you feel your users/customers will have for it near
> and/or long term?
>
> --
> John Strano - Technology Evangelist
>
>
> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
> news:501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub...
>>
>> Hi All;
>>
>> No pressure here but ... the new Visual Studio 2012 is being released
>> on August 15th
>> (http://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2012/08/03/visual-studio-2012-released-aug-15.aspx)
>> with some very significant upgrades.
>>
>> This really re-emphasizes (IMHO) the importance of SAP updating &
>> reaffirming the PB 15 road map. I think that PB 15 needs to address some
>> of the VS 2012 targeted features - especially for W8. Failing to put
>> these type of key VS features on PB 15's feature list could be another
>> significant blow to PB's future.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Vice President: ISUG
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
>
>


Chris Craft Posted on 2012-08-03 19:12:21.0Z
From: "Chris Craft" <NOChrisATfamoussoftwareDOTcom>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
References: <501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub> <501bdf28@forums-1-dub> <501c022e@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map
Lines: 54
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.6157
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <501c2295$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 3 Aug 2012 12:12:21 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1344021141 172.20.134.152 (3 Aug 2012 12:12:21 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 3 Aug 2012 12:12:21 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28519
Article PK: 452841

I agree with Roland

Chris Craft

"Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith@trusthss.com> wrote in message
news:501c022e@forums-1-dub...
> Officially supporting PB apps in W8's Classic App mode or whatever they
> end up calling it should be done ASAP. Even if nobody actually uses it, it
> will give all the PHB's who are on the fence about keeping PB a nice warm
> fuzzy.
>
> "John Strano[SAP]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote in message
> news:501bdf28@forums-1-dub...
>> How does everyone feel W8 uptake is going and how do you feel it will
>> continue?
>> How about Metro? (Although the "Metro" moniker seems to have been
>> dropped.)
>> i.e.: What demand do you feel your users/customers will have for it near
>> and/or long term?
>>
>> --
>> John Strano - Technology Evangelist
>>
>>
>> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
>> news:501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub...
>>>
>>> Hi All;
>>>
>>> No pressure here but ... the new Visual Studio 2012 is being released
>>> on August 15th
>>> (http://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2012/08/03/visual-studio-2012-released-aug-15.aspx)
>>> with some very significant upgrades.
>>>
>>> This really re-emphasizes (IMHO) the importance of SAP updating &
>>> reaffirming the PB 15 road map. I think that PB 15 needs to address some
>>> of the VS 2012 targeted features - especially for W8. Failing to put
>>> these type of key VS features on PB 15's feature list could be another
>>> significant blow to PB's future.
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards ... Chris
>>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>>> Vice President: ISUG
>>> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
>>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
>>
>>
>
>


Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase] Posted on 2012-08-07 14:56:56.0Z
Reply-To: "Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]" <dontreply_tddykstra@lonepineresources.com.x>
From: "Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]" <tddykstra@lonepineresources.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
References: <501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub> <501bdf28@forums-1-dub> <501c022e@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <501c022e@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map
Lines: 2
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
Importance: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Windows Live Mail 15.4.3555.308
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V15.4.3555.308
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <50212cb8$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Aug 2012 07:56:56 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1344351416 172.20.134.152 (7 Aug 2012 07:56:56 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Aug 2012 07:56:56 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28523
Article PK: 452845

I agree. W8 must be supported.
But for the record, our company won't be going to W8 for a long long time.

-- -- Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase]
http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
http://casexpress.sybase.com
http://my.isug.com/p/cm/ld?fid=187

"Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" wrote in message news:501c022e@forums-1-dub...

Officially supporting PB apps in W8's Classic App mode or whatever they end
up calling it should be done ASAP. Even if nobody actually uses it, it will
give all the PHB's who are on the fence about keeping PB a nice warm fuzzy.

"John Strano[SAP]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote in message
news:501bdf28@forums-1-dub...
> How does everyone feel W8 uptake is going and how do you feel it will
> continue?
> How about Metro? (Although the "Metro" moniker seems to have been
> dropped.)
> i.e.: What demand do you feel your users/customers will have for it near
> and/or long term?
>
> --
> John Strano - Technology Evangelist
>
>
> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
> news:501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub...
>>
>> Hi All;
>>
>> No pressure here but ... the new Visual Studio 2012 is being released
>> on August 15th
>> (http://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2012/08/03/visual-studio-2012-released-aug-15.aspx)
>> with some very significant upgrades.
>>
>> This really re-emphasizes (IMHO) the importance of SAP updating &
>> reaffirming the PB 15 road map. I think that PB 15 needs to address some
>> of the VS 2012 targeted features - especially for W8. Failing to put
>> these type of key VS features on PB 15's feature list could be another
>> significant blow to PB's future.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Vice President: ISUG
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
>
>


Mike S Posted on 2012-08-07 17:58:54.0Z
From: "Mike S" <M@M.com>
Subject: Re: New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
References: <501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub> <501bdf28@forums-1-dub>
User-Agent: XanaNews/1.18.1.6
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <5021575e$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Aug 2012 10:58:54 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1344362334 172.20.134.152 (7 Aug 2012 10:58:54 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Aug 2012 10:58:54 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 21
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28528
Article PK: 452853

I need to have support for it. I have no control on my customer's
operating systems and lack of support could also hold back sales.


Having said that, I need native PDF support and dockable windows years
ago. If the real question is should sap delay release of PB 15 to add
w8 support, then i say no.

John Strano[SAP] wrote:

> How does everyone feel W8 uptake is going and how do you feel it will
> continue? How about Metro? (Although the "Metro" moniker seems to
> have been dropped.) i.e.: What demand do you feel your
> users/customers will have for it near and/or long term?

--


John Strano[SAP] Posted on 2012-08-07 15:38:49.0Z
From: "John Strano[SAP]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
References: <501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map
Lines: 42
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3664
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3664
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <50213689$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Aug 2012 08:38:49 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1344353929 172.20.134.152 (7 Aug 2012 08:38:49 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Aug 2012 08:38:49 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28524
Article PK: 452851

- The PowerBuilder Developers' Conference is October 15-18.
- While October 15 is the official start of the event, the 14-15 is reserved
for precons and SAP TechEd InnoJam with InnoJam demos on the 15th.
- October 16 is when the keynotes and technical sessions begin.
- The PBDC preconference course is 2 days October 14-15.
- "...You can even get a jump start on the week by signing up for a
brand new, 2-day, pre-conference hands-on workshop taught by PowerBuilder
expert, TeamSybase member, and PowerBuilder MVP Yakov Werde. In this course,
you'll learn how to design and deploy a .NET 4.0 SOA Application with WCF
and PowerBuilder 12.5 - using both Classic and .NET versions of
PowerBuilder."

--
John Strano - Technology Evangelist

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
news:501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hi All;
>
> No pressure here but ... the new Visual Studio 2012 is being released on
> August 15th
> (http://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2012/08/03/visual-studio-2012-released-aug-15.aspx)
> with some very significant upgrades.
>
> This really re-emphasizes (IMHO) the importance of SAP updating &
> reaffirming the PB 15 road map. I think that PB 15 needs to address some
> of the VS 2012 targeted features - especially for W8. Failing to put these
> type of key VS features on PB 15's feature list could be another
> significant blow to PB's future.
>
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Vice President: ISUG
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com


John Strano[SAP] Posted on 2012-08-07 15:39:34.0Z
From: "John Strano[SAP]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
References: <501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub> <50213689$1@forums-1-dub>
Subject: Re: New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map
Lines: 53
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3664
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3664
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <502136b6$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 7 Aug 2012 08:39:34 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1344353974 172.20.134.152 (7 Aug 2012 08:39:34 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 7 Aug 2012 08:39:34 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28525
Article PK: 452847

Sorry. Posted to wrong thread.

--
John Strano - Technology Evangelist

"John Strano[SAP]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote in message
news:50213689$1@forums-1-dub...
>- The PowerBuilder Developers' Conference is October 15-18.
> - While October 15 is the official start of the event, the 14-15 is
> reserved for precons and SAP TechEd InnoJam with InnoJam demos on the
> 15th.
> - October 16 is when the keynotes and technical sessions begin.
> - The PBDC preconference course is 2 days October 14-15.
> - "...You can even get a jump start on the week by signing up for a
> brand new, 2-day, pre-conference hands-on workshop taught by PowerBuilder
> expert, TeamSybase member, and PowerBuilder MVP Yakov Werde. In this
> course, you'll learn how to design and deploy a .NET 4.0 SOA Application
> with WCF and PowerBuilder 12.5 - using both Classic and .NET versions of
> PowerBuilder."
>
> --
> John Strano - Technology Evangelist
>
>
> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
> news:501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub...
>>
>> Hi All;
>>
>> No pressure here but ... the new Visual Studio 2012 is being released
>> on August 15th
>> (http://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2012/08/03/visual-studio-2012-released-aug-15.aspx)
>> with some very significant upgrades.
>>
>> This really re-emphasizes (IMHO) the importance of SAP updating &
>> reaffirming the PB 15 road map. I think that PB 15 needs to address some
>> of the VS 2012 targeted features - especially for W8. Failing to put
>> these type of key VS features on PB 15's feature list could be another
>> significant blow to PB's future.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Vice President: ISUG
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
>
>


Chris Pollach Posted on 2012-08-13 13:45:59.0Z
From: Chris Pollach <cpollach@travel-net.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120713 Thunderbird/14.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
Subject: Re: New VS 2012 vs PB 15 Road-map
References: <501ad2ba$1@forums-1-dub> <50213689$1@forums-1-dub> <502136b6$1@forums-1-dub>
In-Reply-To: <502136b6$1@forums-1-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <50290517@forums-1-dub>
Date: 13 Aug 2012 06:45:59 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1344865559 172.20.134.152 (13 Aug 2012 06:45:59 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Aug 2012 06:45:59 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 7
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion:28535
Article PK: 452860


On 8/7/2012 11:39 AM, John Strano[SAP] wrote:
> Sorry. Posted to wrong thread.
>

A Very passionate & informative post though John! :-)