Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

SySAM License error message when running PB 11.0

4 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2012-10-11 13:51:49Z
Velmurugan Marimuthu Posted on 2012-10-08 18:49:05Z
Sender: 689a.50731b17.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Velmurugan Marimuthu
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
Subject: SySAM License error message when running PB 11.0
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <50732021.698d.1681692777@sybase.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 8 Oct 2012 11:49:05 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1349722145 172.20.134.41 (8 Oct 2012 11:49:05 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 8 Oct 2012 11:49:05 -0700, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 26
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.general:248186
Article PK: 695935

We are getting following SySAM license error message when
running PB 11.0.

Error Message :
The Sybase SySAM license was not validated.
You will be given a chance to change the SySAM license.

To help diagnose any problems, you can enable logging by
adding the following to the PB.INI file:

[pb]
LogSySAM=1

The log file is 'pb110_sysam.log'.


We do have valid License generated in Sybase portal for the
Machine in which PB 11.0 is installed.Even when locating the
license using browse option, System does not recognize the
license.

Note : The License was generated as Standalone type (Not as
served).

It would be great help if any one could suggest solution to
resolve this issue.


Chris Keating (Sybase, an SAP Company) Posted on 2012-10-09 18:09:49Z
From: "Chris Keating (Sybase, an SAP Company)" <last_name@sybase.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120907 Thunderbird/15.0.1
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
Subject: Re: SySAM License error message when running PB 11.0
References: <50732021.698d.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <50732021.698d.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <5074686d@forums-1-dub>
Date: 9 Oct 2012 11:09:49 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1349806189 172.20.134.152 (9 Oct 2012 11:09:49 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 9 Oct 2012 11:09:49 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 36
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.general:248205
Article PK: 695945

You may be better served calling customer service for this issue.

Have you double-checked the settings you used to generated the license
to ensure that they align with your system. Did you enable the log and
did it show anything of interest?

On 08/10/2012 2:49 PM, Velmurugan Marimuthu wrote:
> We are getting following SySAM license error message when
> running PB 11.0.
>
> Error Message :
> The Sybase SySAM license was not validated.
> You will be given a chance to change the SySAM license.
>
> To help diagnose any problems, you can enable logging by
> adding the following to the PB.INI file:
>
> [pb]
> LogSySAM=1
>
> The log file is 'pb110_sysam.log'.
>
>
> We do have valid License generated in Sybase portal for the
> Machine in which PB 11.0 is installed.Even when locating the
> license using browse option, System does not recognize the
> license.
>
> Note : The License was generated as Standalone type (Not as
> served).
>
> It would be great help if any one could suggest solution to
> resolve this issue.
>


Velmurugan Marimuthu Posted on 2012-10-10 20:29:51Z
Sender: 792.5075d9f5.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Velmurugan Marimuthu
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
Subject: Re: SySAM License error message when running PB 11.0
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <5075dabf.7ba.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <5074686d@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 172.20.134.41
Date: 10 Oct 2012 13:29:51 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1349900991 172.20.134.41 (10 Oct 2012 13:29:51 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Oct 2012 13:29:51 -0700, 172.20.134.41
Lines: 62
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.general:248228
Article PK: 695959

Thanks For your response Chris,

Actually I have tried updating the PB.ini file section for
log file. But unfortunately it did not help to capture the
error message.

The below information may give you more insight on the
scenario we are in and issue we have.

We have PB versions 11.0 ,12.0 and 12.5 needs to be
installed in same Machine.After installing the PB 11.0 we
were able to run powerbuilder 11.0 with out any issue. but
after installing the PB 12.0 we started getting SySAM
license error message for both PB 11.0 and PB 12.0 .

Initially when installing the PowerBuilder 11.0 and 12.0, we
used the single license file with individual license for
Pb11.0 and PB12.0 and PB 12.5) and SySAM was started as
service and liense file was located.

Hope above details will make you clear on what situation we
are in now.Expect your suggestion or advice on this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

> You may be better served calling customer service for this
> issue.
>
> Have you double-checked the settings you used to generated
> the license to ensure that they align with your system.
> Did you enable the log and did it show anything of
> interest?
>
>
> On 08/10/2012 2:49 PM, Velmurugan Marimuthu wrote:
> > We are getting following SySAM license error message
> > when running PB 11.0.
> >
> > Error Message :
> > The Sybase SySAM license was not validated.
> > You will be given a chance to change the SySAM license.
> >
> > To help diagnose any problems, you can enable logging by
> > adding the following to the PB.INI file:
> >
> > [pb]
> > LogSySAM=1
> >
> > The log file is 'pb110_sysam.log'.
> >
> >
> > We do have valid License generated in Sybase portal for
> > the Machine in which PB 11.0 is installed.Even when
> > locating the license using browse option, System does
> > not recognize the license.
> >
> > Note : The License was generated as Standalone type (Not
> > as served).
> >
> > It would be great help if any one could suggest solution
> > to resolve this issue.
> >
>


Chris Keating (Sybase, an SAP Company) Posted on 2012-10-11 13:51:49Z
From: "Chris Keating (Sybase, an SAP Company)" <last_name@sybase.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120907 Thunderbird/15.0.1
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
Subject: Re: SySAM License error message when running PB 11.0
References: <5074686d@forums-1-dub> <5075dabf.7ba.1681692777@sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <5075dabf.7ba.1681692777@sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <5076cef5$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 Oct 2012 06:51:49 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1349963509 172.20.134.152 (11 Oct 2012 06:51:49 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Oct 2012 06:51:49 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 70
X-Authenticated-User: techsupp
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.general:248241
Article PK: 695976

You should contact customer service. They can work with you to
investigate the problem.

-chris

On 10/10/2012 4:29 PM, Velmurugan Marimuthu wrote:
> Thanks For your response Chris,
>
> Actually I have tried updating the PB.ini file section for
> log file. But unfortunately it did not help to capture the
> error message.
>
> The below information may give you more insight on the
> scenario we are in and issue we have.
>
> We have PB versions 11.0 ,12.0 and 12.5 needs to be
> installed in same Machine.After installing the PB 11.0 we
> were able to run powerbuilder 11.0 with out any issue. but
> after installing the PB 12.0 we started getting SySAM
> license error message for both PB 11.0 and PB 12.0 .
>
> Initially when installing the PowerBuilder 11.0 and 12.0, we
> used the single license file with individual license for
> Pb11.0 and PB12.0 and PB 12.5) and SySAM was started as
> service and liense file was located.
>
> Hope above details will make you clear on what situation we
> are in now.Expect your suggestion or advice on this.
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>> You may be better served calling customer service for this
>> issue.
>>
>> Have you double-checked the settings you used to generated
>> the license to ensure that they align with your system.
>> Did you enable the log and did it show anything of
>> interest?
>>
>>
>> On 08/10/2012 2:49 PM, Velmurugan Marimuthu wrote:
>>> We are getting following SySAM license error message
>>> when running PB 11.0.
>>>
>>> Error Message :
>>> The Sybase SySAM license was not validated.
>>> You will be given a chance to change the SySAM license.
>>>
>>> To help diagnose any problems, you can enable logging by
>>> adding the following to the PB.INI file:
>>>
>>> [pb]
>>> LogSySAM=1
>>>
>>> The log file is 'pb110_sysam.log'.
>>>
>>>
>>> We do have valid License generated in Sybase portal for
>>> the Machine in which PB 11.0 is installed.Even when
>>> locating the license using browse option, System does
>>> not recognize the license.
>>>
>>> Note : The License was generated as Standalone type (Not
>>> as served).
>>>
>>> It would be great help if any one could suggest solution
>>> to resolve this issue.
>>>
>>