Apparently, there was a migration and sizing guide for ASE
12.5 that gave sizings suggestions for number of CPUs,
Memory, disk space, in addition to the regular upgrade and
I suggested to the client that he look at the usual things,
but would appreciate the document in question if it exists.
P.S. My suggestions:
- Room for growth, contigency, breathing room, reserve.
- Number of backups to be kept online per DB to have them
quickly available without going to tape.
- In replication envirnments, depending of materialization
types, storage to materialize the largest table, and
buffer data long enough to fix downstream failures.
- Depends on performance expectations. If you want to
maximize the "In memory databases" feature, then, allocate
sufficient memory to store the most critical databases
- Depending on sysmon output, take a look at the usual
monitoring parameters suchas writes to disk, dirty
- Depends on actual utilization. To monitor with tools such
Ignite 8.2 from Confio, Embarcadero or Bradmark.
From: Jean-Pierre Dareys
Subject: Migration and sizing guide for ASE 15.7
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Date: 31 Oct 2012 17:37:52 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1351733872 172.20.134.41 (31 Oct 2012 17:37:52 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 31 Oct 2012 17:37:52 -0800, 172.20.134.41
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.sup.general:1115
Article PK: 854824