Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

PowerBuilder books in the works!

6 posts in Recent Publications Last posting was on 2003-08-22 00:19:26.0Z
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] Posted on 2002-07-04 06:26:25.0Z
From: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
Organization: TeamSybase [66.214.149.29]
X-Newsreader: AspNNTP 1.50 (Advent 2000, Inc.)
Subject: PowerBuilder books in the works!
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <6LWz4OyICHA.1020@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: news.publications
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 02:26:25 -0400
Lines: 12
NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.150.141.215
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub news.publications:131
Article PK: 11879

Not just one - but two - new PowerBuilder books are in the works, with a release
schedule for about the time that PB9 goes final. For more information,
and to subscribe to mailing lists for updates on the development of the books,
go to http://www.pb9books.com.


Not one - but two - new PowerBuilder books are in the works!
http://www.pb9books.com

---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Jesus Antonio Santos Giraldo Posted on 2003-08-20 00:41:16.0Z
Message-ID: <3F42C381.1020309@myrealbox.com>
From: Jesus Antonio Santos Giraldo <jeansagi@myrealbox.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: news.publications
To: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>, jeansagi@myrealbox.com
Subject: Re: PowerBuilder books in the works!
References: <6LWz4OyICHA.1020@forums.sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <6LWz4OyICHA.1020@forums.sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 200.93.152.250
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 200.93.152.250
Date: 19 Aug 2003 17:41:16 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1061340076 200.93.152.250 (19 Aug 2003 17:41:16 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Aug 2003 17:41:16 -0700, 200.93.152.250
Lines: 29
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub news.publications:137
Article PK: 11881

When do they will be available...

Last time I checked:
- one was supposed to be ready for July 28 (C/S Development)
- one was supposed to be ready for August 5 (Distributed App.Dev.)

SO today is 19 August and none of both is ready...

Does anyone knows anything...
(Informit does not have a release date...)


Jean Sagi

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote:

> Not just one - but two - new PowerBuilder books are in the works, with a release
> schedule for about the time that PB9 goes final. For more information,
> and to subscribe to mailing lists for updates on the development of the books,
> go to http://www.pb9books.com.
>
>
> Not one - but two - new PowerBuilder books are in the works!
> http://www.pb9books.com
>
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


Bill Green[TeamSybase] Posted on 2003-08-20 03:47:30.0Z
From: "Bill Green[TeamSybase]" <bill.green@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: news.publications
References: <6LWz4OyICHA.1020@forums.sybase.com> <3F42C381.1020309@myrealbox.com>
Subject: Re: PowerBuilder books in the works!
Lines: 48
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: pcp01862881pcs.mtlrel01.nj.comcast.net
Message-ID: <3f42ef68$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 19 Aug 2003 20:47:52 -0700, pcp01862881pcs.mtlrel01.nj.comcast.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 19 Aug 2003 20:46:44 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 19 Aug 2003 20:47:30 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1061351250 10.22.108.75 (19 Aug 2003 20:47:30 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 19 Aug 2003 20:47:30 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub news.publications:139
Article PK: 11882

Actually, the client-server book is on the shelves at your favorite
bookstore or online (check Amazon.com). It was displayed at Techwave at the
beginning of this month. The Distributed book will hopefully be out by the
end of the month.

regards,

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
VP - Power3
http://www.power3.com

"Jesus Antonio Santos Giraldo" <jeansagi@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
news:3F42C381.1020309@myrealbox.com...
>
> When do they will be available...
>
> Last time I checked:
> - one was supposed to be ready for July 28 (C/S Development)
> - one was supposed to be ready for August 5 (Distributed App.Dev.)
>
> SO today is 19 August and none of both is ready...
>
> Does anyone knows anything...
> (Informit does not have a release date...)
>
>
> Jean Sagi
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote:
>
> > Not just one - but two - new PowerBuilder books are in the works, with a
release
> > schedule for about the time that PB9 goes final. For more information,
> > and to subscribe to mailing lists for updates on the development of the
books,
> > go to http://www.pb9books.com.
> >
> >
> > Not one - but two - new PowerBuilder books are in the works!
> > http://www.pb9books.com
> >
> > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> > http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>


Jesus Antonio Santos Giraldo Posted on 2003-08-21 12:28:42.0Z
Message-ID: <3F45C5ED.3070802@myrealbox.com>
From: Jesus Antonio Santos Giraldo <jeansagi@myrealbox.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1
X-Accept-Language: es-co, en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: news.publications
To: "Bill Green[TeamSybase]" <bill.green@teamsybase.com>
Subject: Re: PowerBuilder books in the works!
References: <6LWz4OyICHA.1020@forums.sybase.com> <3F42C381.1020309@myrealbox.com> <3f42ef68$1@forums-2-dub>
In-Reply-To: <3f42ef68$1@forums-2-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 200.93.153.127
X-Original-Trace: 21 Aug 2003 05:29:09 -0700, 200.93.153.127
Lines: 59
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 21 Aug 2003 05:27:48 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 21 Aug 2003 05:28:42 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1061468922 10.22.108.75 (21 Aug 2003 05:28:42 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 21 Aug 2003 05:28:42 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub news.publications:140
Article PK: 19537

Aparetly not at Informit...

I will check it...

Bill Green[TeamSybase] wrote:
> Actually, the client-server book is on the shelves at your favorite
> bookstore or online (check Amazon.com). It was displayed at Techwave at the
> beginning of this month. The Distributed book will hopefully be out by the
> end of the month.
>
> regards,
>
> --
> Bill Green[TeamSybase]
> VP - Power3
> http://www.power3.com
>
>
> "Jesus Antonio Santos Giraldo" <jeansagi@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> news:3F42C381.1020309@myrealbox.com...
>
>>When do they will be available...
>>
>>Last time I checked:
>>- one was supposed to be ready for July 28 (C/S Development)
>>- one was supposed to be ready for August 5 (Distributed App.Dev.)
>>
>>SO today is 19 August and none of both is ready...
>>
>>Does anyone knows anything...
>>(Informit does not have a release date...)
>>
>>
>>Jean Sagi
>>
>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Not just one - but two - new PowerBuilder books are in the works, with a
>
> release
>
>>>schedule for about the time that PB9 goes final. For more information,
>>>and to subscribe to mailing lists for updates on the development of the
>
> books,
>
>>>go to http://www.pb9books.com.
>>>
>>>
>>>Not one - but two - new PowerBuilder books are in the works!
>>>http://www.pb9books.com
>>>
>>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>>
>
>


Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] Posted on 2003-08-21 16:13:41.0Z
From: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
Newsgroups: news.publications
References: <6LWz4OyICHA.1020@forums.sybase.com> <3F42C381.1020309@myrealbox.com> <3f42ef68$1@forums-2-dub> <3F45C5ED.3070802@myrealbox.com>
Subject: Re: PowerBuilder books in the works!
Lines: 88
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 141.102.144.53
Message-ID: <3f44efd1$1@forums-2-dub>
X-Original-Trace: 21 Aug 2003 09:14:09 -0700, 141.102.144.53
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 21 Aug 2003 09:12:47 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 21 Aug 2003 09:13:41 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1061482421 10.22.108.75 (21 Aug 2003 09:13:41 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 21 Aug 2003 09:13:41 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub news.publications:141
Article PK: 11883

That looks like an issue with InformIT. They don't even show the client
server book. There are plenty of other places that do carry it:

http://www.pb9books.com/ordering.html

--
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
http://www.needhim.org

"Jesus Antonio Santos Giraldo" <jeansagi@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
news:3F45C5ED.3070802@myrealbox.com...
> Aparetly not at Informit...
>
> I will check it...
>
> Bill Green[TeamSybase] wrote:
> > Actually, the client-server book is on the shelves at your favorite
> > bookstore or online (check Amazon.com). It was displayed at Techwave at
the
> > beginning of this month. The Distributed book will hopefully be out by
the
> > end of the month.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > --
> > Bill Green[TeamSybase]
> > VP - Power3
> > http://www.power3.com
> >
> >
> > "Jesus Antonio Santos Giraldo" <jeansagi@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> > news:3F42C381.1020309@myrealbox.com...
> >
> >>When do they will be available...
> >>
> >>Last time I checked:
> >>- one was supposed to be ready for July 28 (C/S Development)
> >>- one was supposed to be ready for August 5 (Distributed App.Dev.)
> >>
> >>SO today is 19 August and none of both is ready...
> >>
> >>Does anyone knows anything...
> >>(Informit does not have a release date...)
> >>
> >>
> >>Jean Sagi
> >>
> >>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>>Not just one - but two - new PowerBuilder books are in the works, with
a
> >
> > release
> >
> >>>schedule for about the time that PB9 goes final. For more information,
> >>>and to subscribe to mailing lists for updates on the development of the
> >
> > books,
> >
> >>>go to http://www.pb9books.com.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>Not one - but two - new PowerBuilder books are in the works!
> >>>http://www.pb9books.com
> >>>
> >>>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >>>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
> >>
> >
> >
>


Jesus Antonio Santos Giraldo Posted on 2003-08-22 00:19:26.0Z
Message-ID: <3F456156.5050506@myrealbox.com>
From: Jesus Antonio Santos Giraldo <jeansagi@myrealbox.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: news.publications
To: "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
Subject: Re: PowerBuilder books in the works!
References: <6LWz4OyICHA.1020@forums.sybase.com> <3F42C381.1020309@myrealbox.com> <3f42ef68$1@forums-2-dub> <3F45C5ED.3070802@myrealbox.com> <3f44efd1$1@forums-2-dub>
In-Reply-To: <3f44efd1$1@forums-2-dub>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 200.69.108.87
X-Original-Trace: 21 Aug 2003 17:19:57 -0700, 200.69.108.87
Lines: 18
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 21 Aug 2003 17:18:32 -0700, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 21 Aug 2003 17:19:26 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1061511566 10.22.108.75 (21 Aug 2003 17:19:26 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 21 Aug 2003 17:19:26 -0700, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub news.publications:142
Article PK: 19540

Tnx for the link...

Why I liked from InformIT was that my upgrade package has a 35% discount
on the book.

Anyway I search your link (and others) and buy it... It looks like a
must have.

Chucho!

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote:
> That looks like an issue with InformIT. They don't even show the client
> server book. There are plenty of other places that do carry it:
>
> http://www.pb9books.com/ordering.html
>