PBL Peeper 4.0.2 has been released, with:
* Command line parms
* takes a bare *.DBG file, loading the "current" application
* takes /INDEX by itself or /INDEX:*, both indexing everything
* File / New
* Ctrl-N shortcut added
* Tools are available from File / New
* Treeview now has "Find in this object" context menu item
* MLE has new context menu items
* Find in this object
* Find elsewhere in app
* Find: New option to output only final total counts (rich text
* In the Trace viewer, the microhelp now shows the script name
* Improved SQL formatting
* formatting of CASE statements
* formatting of parenthesized compound logical expressions
* subqueries in WHERE clauses broken out more clearly
* Improved SQL parsing (will affect things like DB Column Usage
* handling of outer join syntaxes
* improved handling of logical expressions
* handling of bracket enclosed identifiers
* Performance improvements
* DB Column Usage report significantly faster
* Some RTE output (e.g. Find) faster
* Miscellaneous minor performance improvements
And, for those that haven't seen 4.0.0 yet:
* Unified version. Now one version of PBL Peeper will deal with all
versions of PowerBuilder!
* Command line parameters to load an application can be qualified
with the /PBVER parameter.
* Lists / Scripts / View / Show / Line Counts will give you the
option of counting comment lines and blank lines
* QuickFilter instantly filters based on the value of the current
* New list of containers (PBLs, export folders)
* A new way to select applications, the Grid interface retains the
filter and sort between application runs, so you can keep your primary
applications at the top of the list, or sorted how you like, or found
with Find or QuickFind.
* New Reports
* DWObject Expressions: Lists attributes of DW Objects that have
* Orphaned ItemChanged: Report columns in ItemChanged events with
non-visible columns or columns with no UI presence.
* New Processor
* Synchronize DataWindow Edit.Limit: Synchronizes any non-zero
edit.limit attribute in DataWindow char columns to the length of the
* Rich text output can now be saved as Word, HTML or PDF files.
* View / Reset Splitters (or double-clicking the splitters) will
reset the positions of its adjacent controls if it becomes incorrectly
* Browse RMB:
Jump from DataWindow UI column to data set column
Find one or more strings in the selected object
Find the current object elsewhere in the application
* Lists / DW Columns / View / Show / UI Elements shows the UI columns
linked to a data set column
* Refresh App: Allows you to reset all the indexing of your selected
application if the contents of the objects change since the time you
loaded the application.
* GUI Enhancements. More new icons
* Application compare will work much faster for cases where most
objects haven't changed
* Command line parameter /INITPAGE now accepts subpages, delimited by
a backslash (e.g. /INITPAGE:Lists\Scripts)
* Performance enhancements, particularly indexing DataWindows.
* Improved SQL parsing and formatting, including ANSI outer joins.
* When browsing the trace treeview, the stack depth is displayed in
the status area.
* Moved the Find qualifiers to search comments and quotes to the item
level. Different Find strings can now be individually included or
excluded from comments and string searches.
* When a Find is initiated with an Object Filter active and no
matches are found, you are prompted with the option to repeat the
search without the filter.
* Most reports (where it makes sense) respect the Object Filter:
* Application Print
* Comments Extract
* DataWindow SQL
* Embedded SQL Extract
* MultiTable Registry Stmts
* Verify DW SQL
* Other types of PowerScript targets new in PB11 will be loaded into
the PBLs treeview.
* Versions of PowerBuilder loaded into the PBLs treeview is no longer
constrained by the version of PowerBuilder used to compile PBL Peeper.
* DataWindow SQL report now provides options to print data set and to
page break between DataWindows.
* Database Column Usage report will now show "<all columns>" when "*"
is used in the SQL.
* The PBR Plus report now produces an output that lists graphics that
it can't find.
* The /INITPAGE parameter now takes backslashes to indicate subpages
(e.g. LISTS\SCRIPTS will start you on the Scripts subpage)
Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
Newsgroup User Manual
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
Version 4.0.2 now available at the Sandbox
PB Futures updated Nov 22/2007
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
Subject: PBL Peeper 4.0.2
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 4.2/32.1118
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Date: 4 Dec 2007 20:22:45 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1196828565 22.214.171.124 (4 Dec 2007 20:22:45 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 4 Dec 2007 20:22:45 -0800, xtreme-53-185.dyn.aci.on.ca
Xref: forums-1-dub news.3rd_party_products:1210
Article PK: 11766
PBL Peeper 4.0.2 has been released, with:
Subject: Re: PBL Peeper 4.0.2
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3138
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
Date: 5 Dec 2007 06:16:40 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1196864200 126.96.36.199 (5 Dec 2007 06:16:40 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 5 Dec 2007 06:16:40 -0800, humpty.tpsgc.gc.ca
Xref: forums-1-dub news.3rd_party_products:1211
Article PK: 20323
Thanks Terry for your great work on this very useful utility!
Regards ... Chris