Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Wish list

11 posts in Product Futures Discussion Last posting was on 2002-03-05 02:28:08.0Z
Theo Abazis Posted on 2002-01-28 13:37:40.0Z
From: "Theo Abazis" <ta@cedefop.eu.int>
Subject: Wish list
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:37:40 +0200
Lines: 12
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
Message-ID: <BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
NNTP-Posting-Host: 194.26.22.7
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion:844
Article PK: 94373

In the future versions of ASE I would like to see :
- Before and After triggers (exists in ASA)
- Row level triggers (exists in ASA)
- Common tool for ASE ans ASA (isql).
- Introduction of some facilities in ISQL editor (colored code,
better formatting for printing)

Best regards

Theo


Pablo Sanchez Posted on 2002-01-28 15:45:48.0Z
From: "Pablo Sanchez" <pablo@dev.null>
References: <BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Wish list
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:45:48 -0700
Lines: 18
Organization: High-Performance Database Engineering
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
Message-ID: <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.225.105.222
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion:841
Article PK: 94369


"Theo Abazis" <ta@cedefop.eu.int> wrote in message
news:BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com...
>
> - Introduction of some facilities in ISQL editor (colored code,
> better formatting for printing)
>

Not trying to take away from your requests, have you seen 'sqsh'? It
doesn't offer the color coding however it's open source and Scott is
pretty open to making changes: www.sqsh.org
--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
www.hpdbe.com
Independent Contractor, available for short-term and long-term
contracts


Mike Harrold Posted on 2002-01-29 14:19:41.0Z
Subject: Re: Wish list
References: <BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com> <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test75 (Feb 13, 2001)
From: ao@shell.core.com (Mike Harrold)
Originator: ao@shell.core.com (Mike Harrold)
Message-ID: <g5ey9$MqBHA.183@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:19:41 -0500
Lines: 19
NNTP-Posting-Host: shell.voyager.net 169.207.1.89
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion:834
Article PK: 94361

In article <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com>,

Pablo Sanchez <pablo@dev.null> wrote:
>
>"Theo Abazis" <ta@cedefop.eu.int> wrote in message
>news:BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com...
>>
>> - Introduction of some facilities in ISQL editor (colored code,
>> better formatting for printing)
>>
>
>Not trying to take away from your requests, have you seen 'sqsh'? It
>doesn't offer the color coding however it's open source and Scott is
>pretty open to making changes: www.sqsh.org

Actually, Scott is looking for a new maintainer.

My "wish" would be for Sybase to adopt this tool and become responsible
for its growth. Whether it would replace or complement isql would be a
matter for further discussion of course.

/Mike


Michael Peppler Posted on 2002-01-29 22:29:54.0Z
From: "Michael Peppler" <mpeppler@peppler.org>
Subject: Re: Wish list
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:29:54 -0800
References: <BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com> <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com> <g5ey9$MqBHA.183@forums.sybase.com>
User-Agent: Pan/0.9.7 (Unix)
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-No-Productlinks: Yes
Message-ID: <nbxkBVRqBHA.286@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
Lines: 28
NNTP-Posting-Host: gw.peppler.org 206.55.243.57
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion:827
Article PK: 94351

In article <g5ey9$MqBHA.183@forums.sybase.com>, "Mike Harrold"

<ao@shell.core.com> wrote:

> In article <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com>, Pablo Sanchez
> <pablo@dev.null> wrote:
>>
>>"Theo Abazis" <ta@cedefop.eu.int> wrote in message
>>news:BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com...
>>>
>>> - Introduction of some facilities in ISQL editor (colored code,
>>> better formatting for printing)
>>>
>>>
>>Not trying to take away from your requests, have you seen 'sqsh'? It
>>doesn't offer the color coding however it's open source and Scott is
>>pretty open to making changes: www.sqsh.org
>
> Actually, Scott is looking for a new maintainer.
>
> My "wish" would be for Sybase to adopt this tool and become responsible
> for its growth.

That would indeed be nice.

And still keep the source available, as it's an excellent example which
I've used on various occasions...

Michael
--
Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
mpeppler@peppler.org - mpeppler@mbay.net
International Sybase User Group - http://www.isug.com


Mike Harrold Posted on 2002-01-30 17:41:58.0Z
Subject: Re: Wish list
References: <BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com> <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com> <g5ey9$MqBHA.183@forums.sybase.com> <nbxkBVRqBHA.286@forums.sybase.com>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test75 (Feb 13, 2001)
From: ao@shell.core.com (Mike Harrold)
Originator: ao@shell.core.com (Mike Harrold)
Message-ID: <YckWqVbqBHA.286@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:41:58 -0500
Lines: 32
NNTP-Posting-Host: shell.voyager.net 169.207.1.89
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion:826
Article PK: 94353

In article <nbxkBVRqBHA.286@forums.sybase.com>,

Michael Peppler <mpeppler@peppler.org> wrote:
>
>In article <g5ey9$MqBHA.183@forums.sybase.com>, "Mike Harrold"
><ao@shell.core.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com>, Pablo Sanchez
>> <pablo@dev.null> wrote:
>>>
>>>"Theo Abazis" <ta@cedefop.eu.int> wrote in message
>>>news:BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com...
>>>>
>>>> - Introduction of some facilities in ISQL editor (colored code,
>>>> better formatting for printing)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>Not trying to take away from your requests, have you seen 'sqsh'? It
>>>doesn't offer the color coding however it's open source and Scott is
>>>pretty open to making changes: www.sqsh.org
>>
>> Actually, Scott is looking for a new maintainer.
>>
>> My "wish" would be for Sybase to adopt this tool and become responsible
>> for its growth.
>
>That would indeed be nice.
>
>And still keep the source available, as it's an excellent example which
>I've used on various occasions...

Agreed.

Sybase, if you're listening (and I assume you are, otherwise why bother
with the newsgroup!), this would be a great way to give a little back to
the community that's helped you out for so many years.

/Mike


Sethu Posted on 2002-03-05 02:28:08.0Z
Message-ID: <3C842D38.917E1351@sybase.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 21:28:08 -0500
From: Sethu <sethu@sybase.com>
Organization: Sybase, Inc.
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.79 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: Mike Harrold <ao@shell.core.com>
Subject: Re: Wish list
References: <BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com> <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com> <g5ey9$MqBHA.183@forums.sybase.com> <nbxkBVRqBHA.286@forums.sybase.com> <YckWqVbqBHA.286@forums.sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
Lines: 8
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.91.118
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion:752
Article PK: 94280


> Agreed.
>
> Sybase, if you're listening (and I assume you are, otherwise why bother
> with the newsgroup!), this would be a great way to give a little back to
> the community that's helped you out for so many years.
>
> /Mike

We will look into this.

Thanks,
Sethu


Theo Abazis Posted on 2002-01-29 12:53:18.0Z
From: "Theo Abazis" <ta@cedefop.eu.int>
References: <BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com> <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Wish list
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:53:18 +0200
Lines: 29
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
Message-ID: <fb5BoSMqBHA.244@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
NNTP-Posting-Host: 194.26.22.7
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion:835
Article PK: 94364

Thanks a lot guys, I forgot to mention that I live
in a house with only closed WINDOWS.
No open doors. ;-)

Thanks anyway
Theo

"Pablo Sanchez" <pablo@dev.null> wrote in message
news:0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com...
>
> "Theo Abazis" <ta@cedefop.eu.int> wrote in message
> news:BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com...
> >
> > - Introduction of some facilities in ISQL editor (colored code,
> > better formatting for printing)
> >
>
> Not trying to take away from your requests, have you seen 'sqsh'? It
> doesn't offer the color coding however it's open source and Scott is
> pretty open to making changes: www.sqsh.org
> --
> Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
> www.hpdbe.com
> Independent Contractor, available for short-term and long-term
> contracts
>
>


Roger Broadbent Posted on 2002-01-29 15:13:09.0Z
From: "Roger Broadbent" <RBroadbent@wilco-int.com>
References: <BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com> <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com> <fb5BoSMqBHA.244@forums.sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Wish list
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:13:09 -0000
Lines: 42
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300
Message-ID: <R4#9xhNqBHA.182@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
NNTP-Posting-Host: wilcohost-180.wilco-int.com 212.36.174.180
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion:833
Article PK: 94360

You could try installing your own (trap?)door in the shape of Cygwin - don't
know how sqsh might or might not compile under it though...

--
Roger Broadbent
Technical Consultant
Wilco International Ltd

Theo Abazis <ta@cedefop.eu.int> wrote in message
news:fb5BoSMqBHA.244@forums.sybase.com...
> Thanks a lot guys, I forgot to mention that I live
> in a house with only closed WINDOWS.
> No open doors. ;-)
>
> Thanks anyway
> Theo
>
> "Pablo Sanchez" <pablo@dev.null> wrote in message
> news:0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com...
> >
> > "Theo Abazis" <ta@cedefop.eu.int> wrote in message
> > news:BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com...
> > >
> > > - Introduction of some facilities in ISQL editor (colored code,
> > > better formatting for printing)
> > >
> >
> > Not trying to take away from your requests, have you seen 'sqsh'? It
> > doesn't offer the color coding however it's open source and Scott is
> > pretty open to making changes: www.sqsh.org
> > --
> > Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
> > www.hpdbe.com
> > Independent Contractor, available for short-term and long-term
> > contracts
> >
> >
>
>


Pablo Sanchez Posted on 2002-01-29 16:16:16.0Z
From: "Pablo Sanchez" <pablo@dev.null>
References: <BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com> <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com> <fb5BoSMqBHA.244@forums.sybase.com> <R4#9xhNqBHA.182@forums.sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Wish list
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:16:16 -0700
Lines: 16
Organization: High-Performance Database Engineering
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
Message-ID: <yfXZPEOqBHA.182@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.225.105.222
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion:832
Article PK: 94359


"Roger Broadbent" <RBroadbent@wilco-int.com> wrote in message
news:R4#9xhNqBHA.182@forums.sybase.com...
> You could try installing your own (trap?)door in the shape of
Cygwin - don't
> know how sqsh might or might not compile under it though...

cygwin is required by sqsh on Windows. Yup, sqsh does compile on
Windows.
--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
www.hpdbe.com
Independent Contractor, available for short-term and long-term
contracts


jinwook Posted on 2002-01-29 03:56:27.0Z
From: "jinwook" <jinwook@sybase.com>
References: <BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com> <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Wish list
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:56:27 +0900
Lines: 29
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4522.1200
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4522.1200
Message-ID: <tTYS3lHqBHA.244@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
NNTP-Posting-Host: 158.77.52.194
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion:837
Article PK: 94365

It's a really nice program that I've ever seen....
Wonderful!!!

sqsh includes many features that I've needed in isql.
Thanks.....

"Pablo Sanchez" <pablo@dev.null> wrote in message
news:0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com...
>
> "Theo Abazis" <ta@cedefop.eu.int> wrote in message
> news:BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com...
> >
> > - Introduction of some facilities in ISQL editor (colored code,
> > better formatting for printing)
> >
>
> Not trying to take away from your requests, have you seen 'sqsh'? It
> doesn't offer the color coding however it's open source and Scott is
> pretty open to making changes: www.sqsh.org
> --
> Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
> www.hpdbe.com
> Independent Contractor, available for short-term and long-term
> contracts
>
>


Rob Verschoor Posted on 2002-01-28 18:38:31.0Z
Reply-To: "Rob Verschoor" <rob@DO.NOT.SPAM.sypron.nl>
From: "Rob Verschoor" <rob@DO.NOT.SPAM.sypron.nl>
References: <BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com> <0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com>
Subject: Re: Wish list
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:38:31 +0100
Lines: 26
Organization: Sypron B.V.
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6600
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6600
Message-ID: <3X6Sw4CqBHA.246@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
NNTP-Posting-Host: p0693.spl.euronet.nl 194.134.104.181
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion:838
Article PK: 94366

Well, you could get yourself a coloured prompt if you wanted....

Rob V.

"Pablo Sanchez" <pablo@dev.null> wrote in message
news:0mG5hOBqBHA.189@forums.sybase.com...
>
> "Theo Abazis" <ta@cedefop.eu.int> wrote in message
> news:BHC7xGAqBHA.313@forums.sybase.com...
> >
> > - Introduction of some facilities in ISQL editor (colored code,
> > better formatting for printing)
> >
>
> Not trying to take away from your requests, have you seen 'sqsh'?
It
> doesn't offer the color coding however it's open source and Scott is
> pretty open to making changes: www.sqsh.org
> --
> Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
> www.hpdbe.com
> Independent Contractor, available for short-term and long-term
> contracts
>
>