Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

ASE12 Question

2 posts in Windows NT Last posting was on 2001-05-14 07:43:10.0Z
David Posted on 2001-05-14 00:30:22.0Z
From: "David" <oracledba@eastmail.com>
Subject: ASE12 Question
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 10:30:22 +1000
Lines: 28
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400
Message-ID: <Cea6f$A3AHA.52@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.sqlserver.nt
NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.76.4.111
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.sqlserver.nt:741
Article PK: 1087349

Hi,All,
I am newbie of Sybase database, I have few questions and can somone
pls help me?

1. I ganna install ASE12 on NT4/SP5 which I download from website,
Do I need to update latest EBF as well?
Some peoples complain about bug in ASE12, That need to change system
data
to sth about July, Can someone pls address details? It means change
server time or date of database datafile?


2. I have ColdFusion Server on another machine and I want to setup ODBC
connect
to ASE12, Which client software should I install? Sybase Open
Client/server?


3. I cant access online manual with follow URL:
http://sybooks.sybase.com/database.html
Can someone send me url (about ASE12 installation,administration guide
etc)?


Thansk in advance.
David


Andrew Samykin Posted on 2001-05-14 07:43:10.0Z
Reply-To: "Andrew Samykin" <andy@office.east.ru>
From: "Andrew Samykin" <andy@office.east.ru>
References: <Cea6f$A3AHA.52@forums.sybase.com>
Subject: Re: ASE12 Question
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:43:10 +0400
Lines: 37
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2919.6700
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2919.6700
Message-ID: <z3De6vE3AHA.261@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.sqlserver.nt
NNTP-Posting-Host: andy.east.ru 195.170.33.37
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.sqlserver.nt:740
Article PK: 1087347


"David" <oracledba@eastmail.com> wrote in message
news:Cea6f$A3AHA.52@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi,All,
> I am newbie of Sybase database, I have few questions and can somone
> pls help me?
>
> 1. I ganna install ASE12 on NT4/SP5 which I download from website,
> Do I need to update latest EBF as well?
> Some peoples complain about bug in ASE12, That need to change system
> data
> to sth about July, Can someone pls address details? It means change
> server time or date of database datafile?

server time certainly

>
>
> 2. I have ColdFusion Server on another machine and I want to setup ODBC
> connect
> to ASE12, Which client software should I install? Sybase Open
> Client/server?
you should install Sybase ODBC drivers (it's coming with ASE12 distribution
files) and then configure ODBC data source ..


>
>
> 3. I cant access online manual with follow URL:
> http://sybooks.sybase.com/database.html
> Can someone send me url (about ASE12 installation,administration guide
> etc)?
try start here:
http://www.sybase.com/support/manuals/