Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Installing ASA on Windows CE.Net emulator

10 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2003-07-22 18:50:32.0Z
MickeyBob Posted on 2003-07-18 21:48:54.0Z
From: MickeyBob
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:48:54 -0400
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Installing ASA on Windows CE.Net emulator
Message-ID: <FE608F42CB49ED870077D56785256D67.0077D57B85256D67@webforums>
Lines: 8
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!webforums.sybase.com!news
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1403
Article PK: 3637

I may be in left field on this one but please forgive me. I have downloaded
the evaluation version of SQL Anywhere Studio for Windows CE. I don't have
a physical CE device but have Embedded Visual C++ and the corresponding
general CE and PocketPC emulators. How would I go about installing and
running SQL Anywhere Studio on the emulators? Can this be done?

Thanks,
MickeyBob


Breck Carter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2003-07-20 16:19:47.0Z
From: "Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com>
Subject: Re: Installing ASA on Windows CE.Net emulator
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:19:47 -0400
Organization: RisingRoad Professional Services
Reply-To: NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com
Message-ID: <67glhvshcrrendp7kr1hahorvl3tijhqle@4ax.com>
References: <FE608F42CB49ED870077D56785256D67.0077D57B85256D67@webforums>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.8/32.548
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
NNTP-Posting-Host: nnc010.canpar.ca 204.225.91.186
Lines: 17
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1410
Article PK: 3641

Ooops, you're talking about .NET, I'm not sure if it's as
straightforward as I said.

Breck

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:48:54 -0400, MickeyBob wrote:

>I may be in left field on this one but please forgive me. I have downloaded
>the evaluation version of SQL Anywhere Studio for Windows CE. I don't have
>a physical CE device but have Embedded Visual C++ and the corresponding
>general CE and PocketPC emulators. How would I go about installing and
>running SQL Anywhere Studio on the emulators? Can this be done?
>
>Thanks,
>MickeyBob

bcarter@risingroad.com
Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications
http://www.risingroad.com


MickeyBob Posted on 2003-07-21 12:16:21.0Z
From: MickeyBob
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:16:21 -0400
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Installing ASA on Windows CE.Net emulator
Message-ID: <93295CFAEE1499BE00436A5E85256D6A.005EE44485256D69@webforums>
References: <FE608F42CB49ED870077D56785256D67.0077D57B85256D67@webforums> <67glhvshcrrendp7kr1hahorvl3tijhqle@4ax.com>
Lines: 13
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!webforums.sybase.com!news
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1413
Article PK: 3646

Thanks. This definitely gives me some direction. But I have a few more
related questions.

1. Does the setup application require an activesync connection to the
emulator?

2. What communications "transport" is required for the setup application to
install ASA on the emulator?

3. I'm assuming that once I install ASA on the emulator, I can save the
emulator image and won't have to reinstall every time I restart the
emulator. Is this correct?

Again, thanks for the help.


Breck Carter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2003-07-21 12:48:52.0Z
From: "Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com>
Subject: Re: Installing ASA on Windows CE.Net emulator
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:48:52 -0400
Organization: RisingRoad Professional Services
Reply-To: NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com
Message-ID: <64onhv018a6s2a3h6jui2ia40dsug44jmk@4ax.com>
References: <FE608F42CB49ED870077D56785256D67.0077D57B85256D67@webforums> <67glhvshcrrendp7kr1hahorvl3tijhqle@4ax.com> <93295CFAEE1499BE00436A5E85256D6A.005EE44485256D69@webforums>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.8/32.548
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
NNTP-Posting-Host: nnc010.canpar.ca 204.225.91.186
Lines: 26
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1414
Article PK: 3647


On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:16:21 -0400, MickeyBob wrote:

>Thanks. This definitely gives me some direction. But I have a few more
>related questions.
>
>1. Does the setup application require an activesync connection to the
>emulator?

AFAIK ActiveSync is for connecting to the device, not the emulator.
The emulator is just part of the eVthings, runs on the desktop.

>2. What communications "transport" is required for the setup application to
>install ASA on the emulator?

AFAIK, none. We're talking about installing ASA on the same desktop
where setup.exe is running.

>3. I'm assuming that once I install ASA on the emulator, I can save the
>emulator image and won't have to reinstall every time I restart the
>emulator. Is this correct?

Yes, once ASA is installed, it's installed.

Caveat: if you're talking about .NET then I'm not confident in my
answers.

Breck

bcarter@risingroad.com
Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications
http://www.risingroad.com


MickeyBob Posted on 2003-07-21 22:10:59.0Z
From: MickeyBob
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:10:59 -0400
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Installing ASA on Windows CE.Net emulator
Message-ID: <B64B111A37D564EA0079DAE885256D6A.004BC30885256D6A@webforums>
References: <FE608F42CB49ED870077D56785256D67.0077D57B85256D67@webforums> <67glhvshcrrendp7kr1hahorvl3tijhqle@4ax.com> <93295CFAEE1499BE00436A5E85256D6A.005EE44485256D69@webforums> <64onhv018a6s2a3h6jui2ia40dsug44jmk@4ax.com>
Lines: 71
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!webforums.sybase.com!news
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1419
Article PK: 3652

I've done a little more experimenting and have some results to share.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the final results I desire but I
do have more information with which to work.

(FYI, I have received a full, not-for-resale version of iAnywhere 8.02 with
which I'm now working.)

I ran the setup program. When given the option of selecting which
components to install, I leave the defaults and additionally select the
Windows CE option. The setup proceeds normally through the core
installation and the Windows CE desktop components. I am then given the
option of installing ASA on a "Mobile Device", a "Pocket PC (3.0) Emulation
environment", or a "Pocket PC 2002 Emulation enviroment." None of these, I
believe, is the exact option I want but I selected the former. I then get a
dialog box with the following message:

"Setup will now attempt to connect to your mobile device or emulator.
Please ensure that the device or emulator is connected and that ActiveSync
is running."

I click OK and again I'm presented with a dialog box. Its message is

"Setup failed to establish a connection to your device or emulator. Please
check to see if the device is connected properly. An ActiveSync connection
is required."

I'm then given the opportunity to retry or continue. When I select
"continue", a by another dialog box with the following message is
displayed:

"Setup could not connect to the PocketPC Emulator via ActiveSync. Setup
will create asa_ce.x86.cab, which you can copy to your emulator and execute
to complete the install."

I'm then given an opportunity to specify an installation directory/folder.
I selected the default which is "\Program Files\Sybase\ASA". The setup
program then executes a series of console commands that generate the
specified CAB file in the "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere
8\ce\x86.30" folder on the development PC. It appears additional files are
placed in this folder as well. One of the files is "Install.bat" which
contains the following commands:

C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\CE\cemd.exe "Program Files\Sybase"
C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\CE\cemd.exe "Program
Files\Sybase\ASA"
pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
Files\Sybase\ASA\"
pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
Files\Sybase\ASA\"
pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
Files\Sybase\ASA\"
pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
Files\Sybase\ASA\"
pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
Files\Sybase\ASA\"
pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
Files\Sybase\ASA\"
pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
Files\Sybase\ASA\"
pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
Files\Sybase\ASA\"
pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
Files\Sybase\ASA\"
C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\CE\cemd.exe Windows\Programs
C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\CE\cemd.exe Windows\Programs\Sybase

What these files do and how or if I should execute this batch file is a
mystery to me.

I hope this give you additional information and I haven't complicated
things beyond reason. You assistance is greatly appreciated. Any insight
you can provide would be wonderful.

Thanks
MickeyBob


Breck Carter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2003-07-22 10:44:06.0Z
From: "Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com>
Subject: Re: Installing ASA on Windows CE.Net emulator
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:44:06 -0400
Organization: RisingRoad Professional Services
Reply-To: NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com
Message-ID: <j65qhvsodbostc8jr6ss3ana2remr3okr2@4ax.com>
References: <FE608F42CB49ED870077D56785256D67.0077D57B85256D67@webforums> <67glhvshcrrendp7kr1hahorvl3tijhqle@4ax.com> <93295CFAEE1499BE00436A5E85256D6A.005EE44485256D69@webforums> <64onhv018a6s2a3h6jui2ia40dsug44jmk@4ax.com> <B64B111A37D564EA0079DAE885256D6A.004BC30885256D6A@webforums>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.8/32.548
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
NNTP-Posting-Host: bcarter.sentex.ca 64.7.134.118
Lines: 107
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1422
Article PK: 3654

Do you want to install on an actual device, or on the emulator on the
desktop? The first choice (Mobile Device) requires you to have an
actual handheld device, sitting in its cradle, with an ActiveSync
connection established. The files will be copied to the device.

The other two choices install ASA in the emulator environment on the
desktop. I don't know which one you want, but one of them will
probably work for you.

I thought you were talking about the emulator; if so, try the other
two options.

Breck

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:10:59 -0400, MickeyBob wrote:

>I've done a little more experimenting and have some results to share.
>Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the final results I desire but I
>do have more information with which to work.
>
>(FYI, I have received a full, not-for-resale version of iAnywhere 8.02 with
>which I'm now working.)
>
>I ran the setup program. When given the option of selecting which
>components to install, I leave the defaults and additionally select the
>Windows CE option. The setup proceeds normally through the core
>installation and the Windows CE desktop components. I am then given the
>option of installing ASA on a "Mobile Device", a "Pocket PC (3.0) Emulation
>environment", or a "Pocket PC 2002 Emulation enviroment." None of these, I
>believe, is the exact option I want but I selected the former. I then get a
>dialog box with the following message:
>
>"Setup will now attempt to connect to your mobile device or emulator.
>Please ensure that the device or emulator is connected and that ActiveSync
>is running."
>
>I click OK and again I'm presented with a dialog box. Its message is
>
>"Setup failed to establish a connection to your device or emulator. Please
>check to see if the device is connected properly. An ActiveSync connection
>is required."
>
>I'm then given the opportunity to retry or continue. When I select
>"continue", a by another dialog box with the following message is
>displayed:
>
>"Setup could not connect to the PocketPC Emulator via ActiveSync. Setup
>will create asa_ce.x86.cab, which you can copy to your emulator and execute
>to complete the install."
>
>I'm then given an opportunity to specify an installation directory/folder.
>I selected the default which is "\Program Files\Sybase\ASA". The setup
>program then executes a series of console commands that generate the
>specified CAB file in the "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere
>8\ce\x86.30" folder on the development PC. It appears additional files are
>placed in this folder as well. One of the files is "Install.bat" which
>contains the following commands:
>
>C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\CE\cemd.exe "Program Files\Sybase"
>C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\CE\cemd.exe "Program
>Files\Sybase\ASA"
>pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
>Files\Sybase\ASA\"
>pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
>Files\Sybase\ASA\"
>pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
>Files\Sybase\ASA\"
>pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
>Files\Sybase\ASA\"
>pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
>Files\Sybase\ASA\"
>pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
>Files\Sybase\ASA\"
>pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
>Files\Sybase\ASA\"
>pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
>Files\Sybase\ASA\"
>pfile copy "C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\ce\" "wce:\Program
>Files\Sybase\ASA\"
>C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\CE\cemd.exe Windows\Programs
>C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\CE\cemd.exe Windows\Programs\Sybase
>
>What these files do and how or if I should execute this batch file is a
>mystery to me.
>
>I hope this give you additional information and I haven't complicated
>things beyond reason. You assistance is greatly appreciated. Any insight
>you can provide would be wonderful.
>
>Thanks
>MickeyBob

bcarter@risingroad.com
Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications
http://www.risingroad.com


MickeyBob Posted on 2003-07-22 12:36:40.0Z
From: MickeyBob
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:36:40 -0400
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Installing ASA on Windows CE.Net emulator
Message-ID: <3C2BEF7C56C97B5B0045467885256D6B.00426B3585256D6B@webforums>
References: <FE608F42CB49ED870077D56785256D67.0077D57B85256D67@webforums> <67glhvshcrrendp7kr1hahorvl3tijhqle@4ax.com> <93295CFAEE1499BE00436A5E85256D6A.005EE44485256D69@webforums> <64onhv018a6s2a3h6jui2ia40dsug44jmk@4ax.com> <B64B111A37D564EA0079DAE885256D6A.004BC30885256D6A@webforums> <j65qhvsodbostc8jr6ss3ana2remr3okr2@4ax.com>
Lines: 26
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!webforums.sybase.com!news
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1427
Article PK: 3661

I'm sorry. I used the incorrect term - I should have used "latter" and not
"former" (i.e., when given the choice of platforms, I chose "Pocket PC 2002
Emulation enviroment.", not the "Mobile Device").

Some additional information. I shared the folder containing the files
created during the setup process between the emulator and the desktop. I
then copied the contents of this folder and the "asademo.db" file to the
"\Program Files\Sybase\ASA folder on the emulator. I then ran "dbsrv8.exe"
and secified "asademo.db" as the database file. This sucessfully started
the database server. I know that this is convoluted and is really not the
way it should work, but it did.

My problem now is how to connect to the server running on the emulator with
applications like Sybase Central and Interactive SQL. I also want to figure
out the "official" way to install ASA on the emulator.

I deeply suspect that I need to get ActiveSync to connect properly to the
emulator. I'm still wrestling with communications between the desktop and
the emulator. I've tried different transports but the only one that I can
get to work successfully is "NAT" and I suspect that I won't be able to get
ActiveSync to work until I get the "VirtualSwitch" transport to work.

Again, I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
MickeyBob


Alex Reif Posted on 2003-07-22 15:55:03.0Z
From: "Alex Reif" <areif_nospam@sybase.com>
References: <FE608F42CB49ED870077D56785256D67.0077D57B85256D67@webforums> <67glhvshcrrendp7kr1hahorvl3tijhqle@4ax.com> <93295CFAEE1499BE00436A5E85256D6A.005EE44485256D69@webforums> <64onhv018a6s2a3h6jui2ia40dsug44jmk@4ax.com> <B64B111A37D564EA0079DAE885256D6A.004BC30885256D6A@webforums> <j65qhvsodbostc8jr6ss3ana2remr3okr2@4ax.com> <3C2BEF7C56C97B5B0045467885256D6B.00426B3585256D6B@webforums>
Subject: Re: Installing ASA on Windows CE.Net emulator
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:55:03 -0400
Lines: 54
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
Message-ID: <#05fTrGUDHA.298@forums-2-dub>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
NNTP-Posting-Host: areif-xp.sybase.com 172.31.143.105
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1432
Article PK: 3665

Once the ASA install has generated the CAB file for you, the "official" way
to install to the emulator is to manually copy the CAB file (asa_ce.x86.cab)
to the emulator, and then launch it in the File Explorer app by clicking on
it. This will unpack the CAB file and install ASA (you'll even see an entry
for it in the emulator's remove programs list).

This is basically what happens when you have ActiveSync install ASA to a
device, you're just doing the steps manually. (If you want to use
ActiveSync, Microsoft's solution is to connect two serial ports together
with a null-modem cable. That's not the most elegant solution...)

If you want to have Sybase Central/etc. talk to the database engine on your
emulator, you'll have the most luck if you specify an IP address to connect
to. You can find this out by starting ASA with the -z flag to display
debugging information -- you'll see the IP address it's listening on.

HTH,

- Alex.

<MickeyBob> wrote in message
news:3C2BEF7C56C97B5B0045467885256D6B.00426B3585256D6B@webforums...
> I'm sorry. I used the incorrect term - I should have used "latter" and not
> "former" (i.e., when given the choice of platforms, I chose "Pocket PC
2002
> Emulation enviroment.", not the "Mobile Device").
>
> Some additional information. I shared the folder containing the files
> created during the setup process between the emulator and the desktop. I
> then copied the contents of this folder and the "asademo.db" file to the
> "\Program Files\Sybase\ASA folder on the emulator. I then ran "dbsrv8.exe"
> and secified "asademo.db" as the database file. This sucessfully started
> the database server. I know that this is convoluted and is really not the
> way it should work, but it did.
>
> My problem now is how to connect to the server running on the emulator
with
> applications like Sybase Central and Interactive SQL. I also want to
figure
> out the "official" way to install ASA on the emulator.
>
> I deeply suspect that I need to get ActiveSync to connect properly to the
> emulator. I'm still wrestling with communications between the desktop and
> the emulator. I've tried different transports but the only one that I can
> get to work successfully is "NAT" and I suspect that I won't be able to
get
> ActiveSync to work until I get the "VirtualSwitch" transport to work.
>
> Again, I appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks,
> MickeyBob


MickeyBob Posted on 2003-07-22 18:50:32.0Z
From: MickeyBob
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:50:32 -0400
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
Subject: Re: Installing ASA on Windows CE.Net emulator
Message-ID: <CF9E2C2ECC43AFC5006780E985256D6B.005ECC9B85256D6B@webforums>
References: <FE608F42CB49ED870077D56785256D67.0077D57B85256D67@webforums> <67glhvshcrrendp7kr1hahorvl3tijhqle@4ax.com> <93295CFAEE1499BE00436A5E85256D6A.005EE44485256D69@webforums> <64onhv018a6s2a3h6jui2ia40dsug44jmk@4ax.com> <B64B111A37D564EA0079DAE885256D6A.004BC30885256D6A@webforums> <j65qhvsodbostc8jr6ss3ana2remr3okr2@4ax.com> <3C2BEF7C56C97B5B0045467885256D6B.00426B3585256D6B@webforums> <#05fTrGUDHA.298@forums-2-dub>
Lines: 32
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!webforums.sybase.com!news
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1433
Article PK: 3664

Thanks for the feedback. A little more experimenting...

I started the PPC 2003 emulator and shared the folder containing the .CAB
file. I double clicked it and it successfully installed ASA. I was then
able to successfully start the "asademo.db" database.

I tried the same experiment with the "STANDARDSDK_420 Emulator" which
reported the following error when I double-clicked the .CAB file:

"Cannot find 'asa_ce.x86.30' (or one of its components). Make sure the path
and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are
available."

This means to me that the "standard" emulator OS image doesn't have the
necessary application and/or support libaries to run the .CAB file. That's
not a terribly troubling problem since I can copy over the executables and
database files manually, as I have found.

However, I still have a "networking" issue. Since I can only get the "NAT"
transport to work (i.e., evoke 'Platform Manager' from eVC's tools menu,
select the platform (e.g., "STANDARDSDK_420"), click 'Properties...'
button, and click 'Configure...' button), the emulator will not accept
messages that it doesn't initiate. I have set the IP address of the
emulator explicitly so I know its address. To test this, I've tried pinging
the emulator's IP address from a command line prompt on the desktop and I
receive no replies. I know that NAT is working because I can browse the web
with Internet Explorer from the emulator.

I assume that I must be able to ping the emulator before I would be able to
connect to the database from Sybase Central or Interactive SQL.

As always, thanks for the help.

MickeyBob


Breck Carter [TeamSybase] Posted on 2003-07-20 16:18:15.0Z
From: "Breck Carter [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com>
Subject: Re: Installing ASA on Windows CE.Net emulator
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:18:15 -0400
Organization: RisingRoad Professional Services
Reply-To: NOSPAM__bcarter@risingroad.com
Message-ID: <e4glhvcpot8s4err2uljmmpur2ovs7uphs@4ax.com>
References: <FE608F42CB49ED870077D56785256D67.0077D57B85256D67@webforums>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.8/32.548
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
NNTP-Posting-Host: nnc010.canpar.ca 204.225.91.186
Lines: 19
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1409
Article PK: 3645

Run the setup.exe. It will first put the product on the desktop, and
then ask you if you want to install it on a device or on the emulator.

Breck

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:48:54 -0400, MickeyBob wrote:

>I may be in left field on this one but please forgive me. I have downloaded
>the evaluation version of SQL Anywhere Studio for Windows CE. I don't have
>a physical CE device but have Embedded Visual C++ and the corresponding
>general CE and PocketPC emulators. How would I go about installing and
>running SQL Anywhere Studio on the emulators? Can this be done?
>
>Thanks,
>MickeyBob

bcarter@risingroad.com
Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications
http://www.risingroad.com