Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (error)

9 posts in ,  EJB Client PB Native Interface Last posting was on 2005-01-17 08:40:29.0Z
Bede <bede_nosp Posted on 2005-01-06 08:57:04.0Z
From: Bede <bede_nosp@m_sofico.be>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient,sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
Subject: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (error)
Message-ID: <MPG.1c47184465eb129a98969e@forums.sybase.com>
Organization: Sofico
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
User-Agent: MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2067
NNTP-Posting-Host: uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
Date: 6 Jan 2005 00:57:04 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1105001824 194.7.38.226 (6 Jan 2005 00:57:04 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 6 Jan 2005 00:57:04 -0800, uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
Lines: 26
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient:431 sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni:948
Article PK: 424608

Dear all,

we have migrated our CORBA app. to EJB client and now testing runs into
errors like: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (error)
What would be the right way to deal with this?
We're pretty sure it's related to the EJBClient layer that must be doing
some illegal stuff. Also we have the impression that memory leaks exist.

We're currently using PB9.0.2#7554

I realize this is an EBF, but we need the EJBClient-related fixes since
the last maintenance release.

Also, it's tricky to reproduce, we haven't been able to find that one
action that causes it. often the next time you try the same it doesn't
crash.

Can anyone give some more tips (eg: what should we look out for? what
does sybase support want?, ...)

TIA,

Ben

PS: Excuse the cross-posting but i feel this is more related to PBNI
than it is to ejbclient


Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Posted on 2005-01-06 22:09:47.0Z
Sender: 1316.41ddb6e8.1804289383@sybase.com
From: Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
Subject: Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (error)
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <41ddb727.1319.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <MPG.1c47184465eb129a98969e@forums.sybase.com>
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.42
X-Original-Trace: 6 Jan 2005 14:09:43 -0800, 10.22.241.42
Lines: 33
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 6 Jan 2005 14:09:44 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 6 Jan 2005 14:09:47 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1105049387 10.22.108.75 (6 Jan 2005 14:09:47 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 6 Jan 2005 14:09:47 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni:949
Article PK: 738048

What is the error number and error message?

--
Roy

> Dear all,
>
> we have migrated our CORBA app. to EJB client and now
> testing runs into errors like: Microsoft Visual C++
> Runtime Library (error) What would be the right way to
> deal with this? We're pretty sure it's related to the
> EJBClient layer that must be doing some illegal stuff.
> Also we have the impression that memory leaks exist.
>
> We're currently using PB9.0.2#7554
>
> I realize this is an EBF, but we need the
> EJBClient-related fixes since the last maintenance
> release.
>
> Also, it's tricky to reproduce, we haven't been able to
> find that one action that causes it. often the next time
> you try the same it doesn't crash.
>
> Can anyone give some more tips (eg: what should we look
> out for? what does sybase support want?, ...)
>
> TIA,
>
> Ben
>
> PS: Excuse the cross-posting but i feel this is more
> related to PBNI than it is to ejbclient


Bede <bede_nosp Posted on 2005-01-12 16:23:01.0Z
From: Bede <bede_nosp@m_sofico.be>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
Subject: Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (error) - 1 files [1/3]
Message-ID: <MPG.1c4f6d4ecd3bc4d29896a4@forums.sybase.com>
References: <MPG.1c47184465eb129a98969e@forums.sybase.com> <41ddb727.1319.1681692777@sybase.com>
Organization: Sofico
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: message/partial; id=<MPG.1c4f6d4ecd3bc4d29896a3@forums.sybase.com>; number=1; total=3
User-Agent: MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2067
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
X-Original-Trace: 12 Jan 2005 08:22:59 -0800, uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
Lines: 1095
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 12 Jan 2005 08:23:00 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 12 Jan 2005 08:23:01 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1105546981 10.22.108.75 (12 Jan 2005 08:23:01 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Jan 2005 08:23:01 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni:957
Article PK: 738056


Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Posted on 2005-01-12 18:51:33.0Z
From: "Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" <roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com>
Reply-To: SPAM_FRE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com
Organization: TeamSybase
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 (Windows/20041103)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
Subject: Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (error) - 1 files [1/3]
References: <MPG.1c47184465eb129a98969e@forums.sybase.com> <41ddb727.1319.1681692777@sybase.com> <MPG.1c4f6d4ecd3bc4d29896a4@forums.sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <MPG.1c4f6d4ecd3bc4d29896a4@forums.sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn.percussion.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vpn.percussion.com
Message-ID: <41e571b5$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 12 Jan 2005 10:51:33 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1105555893 208.252.62.130 (12 Jan 2005 10:51:33 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Jan 2005 10:51:33 -0800, vpn.percussion.com
Lines: 11
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni:960
Article PK: 738061

Your attachments all came in base64-encoded, and although I can see that
these are JPEG images, I can look at them. Try posting again from a
client that supports proper NNTP attachments.

As far as catching this exception, you can only do that in the PBNI C++
code. Installing VC++ on your client machines will do nothing.

--
Roy

Bede wrote:


Bede <bede_nosp Posted on 2005-01-13 08:48:16.0Z
From: Bede <bede_nosp@m_sofico.be>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
Subject: Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (error) - 1 files [1/3]
Message-ID: <MPG.1c50543be15fa7299896a7@forums.sybase.com>
References: <MPG.1c47184465eb129a98969e@forums.sybase.com> <41ddb727.1319.1681692777@sybase.com> <MPG.1c4f6d4ecd3bc4d29896a4@forums.sybase.com> <41e571b5$1@forums-1-dub>
Organization: Sofico
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
User-Agent: MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2067
NNTP-Posting-Host: uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
Date: 13 Jan 2005 00:48:16 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1105606096 194.7.38.226 (13 Jan 2005 00:48:16 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jan 2005 00:48:16 -0800, uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
Lines: 24
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni:962
Article PK: 738063

basically that attachment is that same error msg (repeated a trillion
times) i was talking about in the first place..

We clearly see memory building up after each time that method is called.
Minimizing PB in between doesn't change this, so we think this is a
memory leak. After the crash we end up with a dump file in the PB
(pb.ini) root directory; the last file one was called
javacore.20050112.170608.612.txt -unfortunately it is empty.

Ben

In article <41e571b5$1@forums-1-dub>, roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com says...

> Your attachments all came in base64-encoded, and although I can see that
> these are JPEG images, I can look at them. Try posting again from a
> client that supports proper NNTP attachments.
>
> As far as catching this exception, you can only do that in the PBNI C++
> code. Installing VC++ on your client machines will do nothing.
>
> --
> Roy
>
> Bede wrote:
>


Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Posted on 2005-01-13 17:52:35.0Z
From: "Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" <roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com>
Reply-To: SPAM_FRE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com
Organization: TeamSybase
User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 (Windows/20041103)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
Subject: Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (error) - 1 files [1/3]
References: <MPG.1c47184465eb129a98969e@forums.sybase.com> <41ddb727.1319.1681692777@sybase.com> <MPG.1c4f6d4ecd3bc4d29896a4@forums.sybase.com> <41e571b5$1@forums-1-dub> <MPG.1c50543be15fa7299896a7@forums.sybase.com>
In-Reply-To: <MPG.1c50543be15fa7299896a7@forums.sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: d8fa4570.ptr.dia.nextlink.net
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: d8fa4570.ptr.dia.nextlink.net
Message-ID: <41e6b563$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 13 Jan 2005 09:52:35 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1105638755 216.250.69.112 (13 Jan 2005 09:52:35 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 13 Jan 2005 09:52:35 -0800, d8fa4570.ptr.dia.nextlink.net
Lines: 31
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni:963
Article PK: 738065

You should consider opening a case with support on this.

--
Roy

Bede wrote:
> basically that attachment is that same error msg (repeated a trillion
> times) i was talking about in the first place..
>
> We clearly see memory building up after each time that method is called.
> Minimizing PB in between doesn't change this, so we think this is a
> memory leak. After the crash we end up with a dump file in the PB
> (pb.ini) root directory; the last file one was called
> javacore.20050112.170608.612.txt -unfortunately it is empty.
>
> Ben
>
> In article <41e571b5$1@forums-1-dub>, roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com says...
>
>>Your attachments all came in base64-encoded, and although I can see that
>>these are JPEG images, I can look at them. Try posting again from a
>>client that supports proper NNTP attachments.
>>
>>As far as catching this exception, you can only do that in the PBNI C++
>>code. Installing VC++ on your client machines will do nothing.
>>
>>--
>>Roy
>>
>>Bede wrote:
>>


Bede <bede_nosp Posted on 2005-01-17 08:40:29.0Z
From: Bede <bede_nosp@m_sofico.be>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
Subject: Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (error) - 1 files [1/3]
Message-ID: <MPG.1c5598236d140f889896a9@forums.sybase.com>
References: <MPG.1c47184465eb129a98969e@forums.sybase.com> <41ddb727.1319.1681692777@sybase.com> <MPG.1c4f6d4ecd3bc4d29896a4@forums.sybase.com> <41e571b5$1@forums-1-dub> <MPG.1c50543be15fa7299896a7@forums.sybase.com> <41e6b563$1@forums-1-dub>
Organization: Sofico
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
User-Agent: MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2067
NNTP-Posting-Host: uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
Date: 17 Jan 2005 00:40:29 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1105951229 194.7.38.226 (17 Jan 2005 00:40:29 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 17 Jan 2005 00:40:29 -0800, uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
Lines: 43
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni:970
Article PK: 738070

We have: case number 11104701

it appears to be an issue when PB has to work with IBM's jre:

java version "1.4.2"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2)
Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM Windows 32 build cn1420-20040626
(JIT enabled: jitc))


In article <41e6b563$1@forums-1-dub>, roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com says...

> You should consider opening a case with support on this.
>
> --
> Roy
>
> Bede wrote:
> > basically that attachment is that same error msg (repeated a trillion
> > times) i was talking about in the first place..
> >
> > We clearly see memory building up after each time that method is called.
> > Minimizing PB in between doesn't change this, so we think this is a
> > memory leak. After the crash we end up with a dump file in the PB
> > (pb.ini) root directory; the last file one was called
> > javacore.20050112.170608.612.txt -unfortunately it is empty.
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > In article <41e571b5$1@forums-1-dub>, roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com says...
> >
> >>Your attachments all came in base64-encoded, and although I can see that
> >>these are JPEG images, I can look at them. Try posting again from a
> >>client that supports proper NNTP attachments.
> >>
> >>As far as catching this exception, you can only do that in the PBNI C++
> >>code. Installing VC++ on your client machines will do nothing.
> >>
> >>--
> >>Roy
> >>
> >>Bede wrote:
> >>
>


Bede <bede_nosp Posted on 2005-01-12 16:23:06.0Z
From: Bede <bede_nosp@m_sofico.be>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
Subject: Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (error) - 1 files [2/3]
Message-ID: <MPG.1c4f6d4ecd3bc4d29896a5@forums.sybase.com>
References: <MPG.1c47184465eb129a98969e@forums.sybase.com> <41ddb727.1319.1681692777@sybase.com>
Organization: Sofico
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: message/partial; id=<MPG.1c4f6d4ecd3bc4d29896a3@forums.sybase.com>; number=2; total=3
User-Agent: MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2067
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
X-Original-Trace: 12 Jan 2005 08:23:01 -0800, uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
Lines: 1058
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 12 Jan 2005 08:23:02 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 12 Jan 2005 08:23:06 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1105546986 10.22.108.75 (12 Jan 2005 08:23:06 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Jan 2005 08:23:06 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni:958
Article PK: 738058


Bede <bede_nosp Posted on 2005-01-12 16:23:07.0Z
From: Bede <bede_nosp@m_sofico.be>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
Subject: Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (error) - 1 files [3/3]
Message-ID: <MPG.1c4f6d4f260c7fd19896a6@forums.sybase.com>
References: <MPG.1c47184465eb129a98969e@forums.sybase.com> <41ddb727.1319.1681692777@sybase.com>
Organization: Sofico
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: message/partial; id=<MPG.1c4f6d4ecd3bc4d29896a3@forums.sybase.com>; number=3; total=3
User-Agent: MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2067
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
X-Original-Trace: 12 Jan 2005 08:23:03 -0800, uu194-7-38-226.unknown.uunet.be
Lines: 1017
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-2-dub.sybase.com
X-Original-Trace: 12 Jan 2005 08:23:04 -0800, forums-2-dub.sybase.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: forums-master.sybase.com
Date: 12 Jan 2005 08:23:07 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1105546987 10.22.108.75 (12 Jan 2005 08:23:07 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 12 Jan 2005 08:23:07 -0800, forums-master.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: ngsysop
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni:959
Article PK: 738060