Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

BUG!?! Has anyone gotten ASE12 and xp_startmail to work on NT!?!!

5 posts in Windows NT Last posting was on 2000-09-06 12:11:54.0Z
John Posted on 2000-08-31 12:41:54.0Z
From: "John" <John@zelcom.com>
Subject: BUG!?! Has anyone gotten ASE12 and xp_startmail to work on NT!?!!
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 05:41:54 -0700
Lines: 9
Organization: Zelcom
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400
Message-ID: <S6kOZp0EAHA.203@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.sqlserver.nt
NNTP-Posting-Host: 208.41.91.34
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.sqlserver.nt:1680
Article PK: 1089150

HI,
I just want to know if someone has actually gotten ASE12 on NT4.0 to
work with the xp_startmail? I have a case in Sybase that's over 40 days old
and wondering if this is a bug issue. Thanks for the input.

John


Daniel Brandt Posted on 2000-09-05 09:35:57.0Z
Message-ID: <39B4BE7D.1CCED889@eso.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 11:35:57 +0200
From: Daniel Brandt <dbrandt@eso.org>
Organization: DBCC
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: BUG!?! Has anyone gotten ASE12 and xp_startmail to work on NT!?!!
References: <S6kOZp0EAHA.203@forums.sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.sqlserver.nt
Lines: 9
NNTP-Posting-Host: pc594.hq.eso.org 134.171.10.9
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.sqlserver.nt:1675
Article PK: 1089148

I should work!

What kind of mail server/mail program do you have on that server?

db

John wrote:

> HI,
> I just want to know if someone has actually gotten ASE12 on NT4.0 to
> work with the xp_startmail? I have a case in Sybase that's over 40 days old
> and wondering if this is a bug issue. Thanks for the input.
>
> John


John Posted on 2000-09-05 20:23:27.0Z
From: "John" <John@zelcom.com>
References: <S6kOZp0EAHA.203@forums.sybase.com> <39B4BE7D.1CCED889@eso.org>
Subject: Re: BUG!?! Has anyone gotten ASE12 and xp_startmail to work on NT!?!!
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:23:27 -0700
Lines: 29
Organization: Zelcom
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400
Message-ID: <qwBPfi3FAHA.278@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.sqlserver.nt
NNTP-Posting-Host: 208.41.91.34
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.sqlserver.nt:1672
Article PK: 1089145

Hi Daniel,

I am using exchange 5.5. NT4.0 sp6 ASE12.0 SWR8954. The exchange
is able to login to the domain and I can send/receive email normally through
exchange. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

John

"Daniel Brandt" <dbrandt@eso.org> wrote in message
news:39B4BE7D.1CCED889@eso.org...
> I should work!
>
> What kind of mail server/mail program do you have on that server?
>
> db
>
> John wrote:
>
> > HI,
> > I just want to know if someone has actually gotten ASE12 on
NT4.0 to
> > work with the xp_startmail? I have a case in Sybase that's over 40 days
old
> > and wondering if this is a bug issue. Thanks for the input.
> >
> > John
>


Daniel Brandt Posted on 2000-09-06 10:39:12.0Z
Message-ID: <39B61E43.6417C11D@eso.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 12:39:12 +0200
From: Daniel Brandt <dbrandt@eso.org>
Organization: DBCC
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.7 [en] (WinNT; I)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: John <John@zelcom.com>
Subject: Re: BUG!?! Has anyone gotten ASE12 and xp_startmail to work on NT!?!!
References: <S6kOZp0EAHA.203@forums.sybase.com> <39B4BE7D.1CCED889@eso.org> <qwBPfi3FAHA.278@forums.sybase.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.sqlserver.nt
Lines: 29
NNTP-Posting-Host: pc594.hq.eso.org 134.171.10.9
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.sqlserver.nt:1670
Article PK: 1089143

Then you are lucky...Because that will work..

First of all did you read the technote : http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=20447

It explains Setting Up Sybase SYBMAIL to Work with Microsoft Exchange on Windows
NT 4.0.

if yes, can you do a simple xp_cmdshell 'date /T'

If you forget the /T it will just hang and never return anything to you...


regards,
Daniel

John wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I am using exchange 5.5. NT4.0 sp6 ASE12.0 SWR8954. The exchange
> is able to login to the domain and I can send/receive email normally through
> exchange. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
>
> John
>
> "Daniel Brandt" <dbrandt@eso.org> wrote in message
> news:39B4BE7D.1CCED889@eso.org...
> > I should work!
> >
> > What kind of mail server/mail program do you have on that server?
> >
> > db
> >
> > John wrote:
> >
> > > HI,
> > > I just want to know if someone has actually gotten ASE12 on
> NT4.0 to
> > > work with the xp_startmail? I have a case in Sybase that's over 40 days
> old
> > > and wondering if this is a bug issue. Thanks for the input.
> > >
> > > John
> >


John Posted on 2000-09-06 12:11:54.0Z
From: "John" <John@zelcom.com>
References: <S6kOZp0EAHA.203@forums.sybase.com> <39B4BE7D.1CCED889@eso.org> <qwBPfi3FAHA.278@forums.sybase.com> <39B61E43.6417C11D@eso.org>
Subject: Re: BUG!?! Has anyone gotten ASE12 and xp_startmail to work on NT!?!!
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 05:11:54 -0700
Lines: 64
Organization: Zelcom
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4133.2400
Message-ID: <uPbct0$FAHA.275@forums.sybase.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.sqlserver.nt
NNTP-Posting-Host: 208.41.91.34
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.sqlserver.nt:1668
Article PK: 1089140

Daniel,

I can do any function using the xp_cmdshell fine. I have read all
the documentation about 30x. Any other ideas? What mail server are you using
any suggestions other than exchange!?

John

"Daniel Brandt" <dbrandt@eso.org> wrote in message
news:39B61E43.6417C11D@eso.org...
> Then you are lucky...Because that will work..
>
> First of all did you read the technote :
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=20447
>
> It explains Setting Up Sybase SYBMAIL to Work with Microsoft Exchange on
Windows
> NT 4.0.
>
> if yes, can you do a simple xp_cmdshell 'date /T'
>
> If you forget the /T it will just hang and never return anything to you...
>
>
> regards,
> Daniel
>
>
>
> John wrote:
>
> > Hi Daniel,
> >
> > I am using exchange 5.5. NT4.0 sp6 ASE12.0 SWR8954. The
exchange
> > is able to login to the domain and I can send/receive email normally
through
> > exchange. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
> >
> > John
> >
> > "Daniel Brandt" <dbrandt@eso.org> wrote in message
> > news:39B4BE7D.1CCED889@eso.org...
> > > I should work!
> > >
> > > What kind of mail server/mail program do you have on that server?
> > >
> > > db
> > >
> > > John wrote:
> > >
> > > > HI,
> > > > I just want to know if someone has actually gotten ASE12 on
> > NT4.0 to
> > > > work with the xp_startmail? I have a case in Sybase that's over 40
days
> > old
> > > > and wondering if this is a bug issue. Thanks for the input.
> > > >
> > > > John
> > >
>