Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out

4 posts in JConnect version 3.0 Last posting was on 1998-12-08 18:34:59.0Z
Chuck May Posted on 1998-12-07 16:29:38.0Z
From: "Chuck May" <may@ims.nci.nih.gov>
Subject: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 11:29:38 -0500
Lines: 20
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.5
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
Message-ID: <ThRR3UfI#GA.258@forums.powersoft.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jconnect30,sybase.public.jconnect40
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jconnect30:350 sybase.public.jconnect40:213
Article PK: 255743

I have a system which is about to go into production using SQL Anywhere and
jConnect 4.0. Recently the system started to give to following errors:

JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out

Basically, I am doing one or more inserts into the database using a prepared
statement, and then I use a callable statement to do an update. If I do one
insert, then everything works fine. If I do two or more, then when I try to
close the callableStatement I get the exception above. I have
seen references to this exception on the newsgroups, but I have seen no
definitive answers. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks,

Chuck May
IMS, Inc.
may@ims.nci.nih.gov


Lance Andersen Posted on 1998-12-08 12:11:57.0Z
Message-ID: <366D178C.3CA9B175@sybase.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 07:11:57 -0500
From: Lance Andersen <lancea@sybase.com>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.5 [en] (X11; U; SunOS 5.5.1 sun4m)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
References: <ThRR3UfI#GA.258@forums.powersoft.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jconnect30,sybase.public.jconnect40
Lines: 36
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jconnect30:349 sybase.public.jconnect40:212
Article PK: 255712


Chuck May wrote:
>
> I have a system which is about to go into production using SQL Anywhere and
> jConnect 4.0. Recently the system started to give to following errors:
>
> JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
>
> Basically, I am doing one or more inserts into the database using a prepared
> statement, and then I use a callable statement to do an update. If I do one
> insert, then everything works fine. If I do two or more, then when I try to
> close the callableStatement I get the exception above. I have
> seen references to this exception on the newsgroups, but I have seen no
> definitive answers. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks,
>
> Chuck May
> IMS, Inc.
> may@ims.nci.nih.gov

Grab ebf 8144 for jConnect. Are you using ASA or SQL Anywhere? ASA
6.0.1 is available, and I would strongly suggest that. If you are using
SQL Anywhere, I would grab the latest 5.04 ebf.

lance
team sybase
--
===============================================================================
Lance J. Andersen Email: lancea@sybase.com
Sybase Product Support Engineering Phone:(781) 564-6336
77 South Bedford Street Fax: (781) 564-6148
Burlington, MA 01803

The Dark Knight Returns!!! Let's Go Penguins!!!
===============================================================================


Chuck May Posted on 1998-12-08 16:31:27.0Z
From: "Chuck May" <may@ims.nci.nih.gov>
References: <ThRR3UfI#GA.258@forums.powersoft.com> <366D178C.3CA9B175@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:31:27 -0500
Lines: 53
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.5
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3
Message-ID: <V83le6rI#GA.159@forums.powersoft.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jconnect30,sybase.public.jconnect40
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jconnect30:348 sybase.public.jconnect40:211
Article PK: 255726

Actually, we are using ASE 11.9.2. We have been trying to get the ebf for
jConnect, but we are having problems. Hopefully we can get it straighted
out. Are there known bugs in jConnect 4.0 that would cause "seemingly"
random "Commection is already closed" and "Read timed out" exceptions?
Thanks,

Chuck May
IMS, Inc.
may@ims.nci.nih.gov

Lance Andersen wrote in message <366D178C.3CA9B175@sybase.com>...
>Chuck May wrote:
>>
>> I have a system which is about to go into production using SQL Anywhere
and
>> jConnect 4.0. Recently the system started to give to following errors:
>>
>> JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
>>
>> Basically, I am doing one or more inserts into the database using a
prepared
>> statement, and then I use a callable statement to do an update. If I do
one
>> insert, then everything works fine. If I do two or more, then when I try
to
>> close the callableStatement I get the exception above. I have
>> seen references to this exception on the newsgroups, but I have seen no
>> definitive answers. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks,
>>
>> Chuck May
>> IMS, Inc.
>> may@ims.nci.nih.gov
>
>
>Grab ebf 8144 for jConnect. Are you using ASA or SQL Anywhere? ASA
>6.0.1 is available, and I would strongly suggest that. If you are using
>SQL Anywhere, I would grab the latest 5.04 ebf.
>
>lance
>team sybase
>--
>===========================================================================
====
>Lance J. Andersen Email: lancea@sybase.com
>Sybase Product Support Engineering Phone:(781) 564-6336
>77 South Bedford Street Fax: (781) 564-6148
>Burlington, MA 01803
>
>The Dark Knight Returns!!! Let's Go Penguins!!!
>===========================================================================

====


Lance J. Andersen Posted on 1998-12-08 18:34:59.0Z
Message-ID: <366D7153.F6C7B3C7@sybase.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 13:34:59 -0500
From: "Lance J. Andersen" <lancea@sybase.com>
Organization: Product Support Engineering
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.5 [en] (Win95; U)
X-Accept-Language: en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: Re: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
References: <ThRR3UfI#GA.258@forums.powersoft.com> <366D178C.3CA9B175@sybase.com> <V83le6rI#GA.159@forums.powersoft.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Newsgroups: sybase.public.jconnect30,sybase.public.jconnect40
Lines: 52
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums.powersoft.com
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.jconnect30:347 sybase.public.jconnect40:210
Article PK: 255715

Yes we fixed an issue in ebf 8144 which would could have this as a result of bug
170643

lance
team sybase

Chuck May wrote:

> Actually, we are using ASE 11.9.2. We have been trying to get the ebf for
> jConnect, but we are having problems. Hopefully we can get it straighted
> out. Are there known bugs in jConnect 4.0 that would cause "seemingly"
> random "Commection is already closed" and "Read timed out" exceptions?
> Thanks,
>
> Chuck May
> IMS, Inc.
> may@ims.nci.nih.gov
>
> Lance Andersen wrote in message <366D178C.3CA9B175@sybase.com>...
> >Chuck May wrote:
> >>
> >> I have a system which is about to go into production using SQL Anywhere
> and
> >> jConnect 4.0. Recently the system started to give to following errors:
> >>
> >> JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
> >>
> >> Basically, I am doing one or more inserts into the database using a
> prepared
> >> statement, and then I use a callable statement to do an update. If I do
> one
> >> insert, then everything works fine. If I do two or more, then when I try
> to
> >> close the callableStatement I get the exception above. I have
> >> seen references to this exception on the newsgroups, but I have seen no
> >> definitive answers. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks,
> >>
> >> Chuck May
> >> IMS, Inc.
> >> may@ims.nci.nih.gov
> >
> >
> >Grab ebf 8144 for jConnect. Are you using ASA or SQL Anywhere? ASA
> >6.0.1 is available, and I would strongly suggest that. If you are using
> >SQL Anywhere, I would grab the latest 5.04 ebf.
> >
> >lance
> >team sybase
> >--
> >===========================================================================
> ====
> >Lance J. Andersen Email: lancea@sybase.com
> >Sybase Product Support Engineering Phone:(781) 564-6336
> >77 South Bedford Street Fax: (781) 564-6148
> >Burlington, MA 01803
> >
> >The Dark Knight Returns!!! Let's Go Penguins!!!
> >===========================================================================
> ====