Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

datastore retrieves 0 rows in PB111 after migration from PB7

4 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2008-04-20 17:32:22.0Z
alain rattaire Posted on 2008-04-18 17:12:20.0Z
From: alain rattaire <alain.rattaire@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: datastore retrieves 0 rows in PB111 after migration from PB7
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:12:20 -0700 (PDT)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 12
Message-ID: <bc97ea77-aa3a-43a2-8d4a-da2bc9124ce7@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 194.206.138.232
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1208538741 20333 127.0.0.1 (18 Apr 2008 17:12:21 GMT)
X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 17:12:21 +0000 (UTC)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com; posting-host=194.206.138.232; posting-account=BrcBjwoAAADDKGQtmFM5BSehgb36eRF0
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master!newssvr.sybase.com!news-sj-1.sprintlink.net!news-peer1.sprintlink.net!nntp1.phx1.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!postnews.google.com!d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86669
Article PK: 415928

I just migrated an application from PB7 (xp , oracle 9.0.2)
It massively uses datastores to create documents in batch mode
the application works fine under PB7
no rows are retrieved under PB111
the original dw works fine into the dw painter (retrieval is OK, 1 or
more row)
when running compiled, the datastores are empty
is there any trick to know about a new behavior ?
the application is compiled in PCode with pbd checked, evry dw has
only one retrieval arg
looking for clues
(other migrated applications using datastores have not this problem)


fisher <fisher_NO Posted on 2008-04-18 19:04:53.0Z
From: fisher <fisher_NO@SPAM_wckp.lodz.pl_PLEASE>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 (Windows/20080213)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: datastore retrieves 0 rows in PB111 after migration from PB7
References: <bc97ea77-aa3a-43a2-8d4a-da2bc9124ce7@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>
In-Reply-To: <bc97ea77-aa3a-43a2-8d4a-da2bc9124ce7@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4808f0d5@forums-1-dub>
Date: 18 Apr 2008 12:04:53 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1208545493 10.22.241.152 (18 Apr 2008 12:04:53 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 18 Apr 2008 12:04:53 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 25
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86672
Article PK: 415931

Hi Alan,

Have you checked if dataobject is properly assigned ?
then check if your sql is being properly passed to DB (check v$session
view).
You can also put a trace on transaction (adding TRA in the beginning of
you transactions object DBMS property.
verify query in sqlpreview (for example display it with MessageBox)

Regards


alain rattaire pisze:

> I just migrated an application from PB7 (xp , oracle 9.0.2)
> It massively uses datastores to create documents in batch mode
> the application works fine under PB7
> no rows are retrieved under PB111
> the original dw works fine into the dw painter (retrieval is OK, 1 or
> more row)
> when running compiled, the datastores are empty
> is there any trick to know about a new behavior ?
> the application is compiled in PCode with pbd checked, evry dw has
> only one retrieval arg
> looking for clues
> (other migrated applications using datastores have not this problem)


alain rattaire Posted on 2008-04-20 16:43:25.0Z
From: alain rattaire <alain.rattaire@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: datastore retrieves 0 rows in PB111 after migration from PB7
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:43:25 -0700 (PDT)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 38
Message-ID: <0c8e22f9-cbda-418b-b62f-71cbc3430c2e@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>
References: <bc97ea77-aa3a-43a2-8d4a-da2bc9124ce7@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com> <4808f0d5@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 88.171.52.98
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1208709899 22865 127.0.0.1 (20 Apr 2008 16:44:59 GMT)
X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 16:44:59 +0000 (UTC)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com; posting-host=88.171.52.98; posting-account=BrcBjwoAAADDKGQtmFM5BSehgb36eRF0
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master!newssvr.sybase.com!news-sj-1.sprintlink.net!news-peer1.sprintlink.net!newsfeed.gamma.ru!Gamma.RU!newsfeed.icl.net!newsfeed.fjserv.net!nx02.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!216.196.98.140.MISMATCH!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!postnews.google.com!a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86677
Article PK: 415936

Hi,
Of course you were right
It was a database issue (oracle 9 client not well installed)
Migration (pseudo) issues makes you act like a rookie, suspecting the
new version to be responsible of odd behavior :-(
You saved me a lot of time as I was looking everywhere except in the
database
thank you and best regards
Alain

On 18 avr, 21:04, fisher <fisher_NO@SPAM_wckp.lodz.pl_PLEASE> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Have you checked if dataobject is properly assigned ?
> then check if your sql is being properly passed to DB (check v$session
> view).
> You can also put a trace on transaction (adding TRA in the beginning of
> you transactions object DBMS property.
> verify query in sqlpreview (for example display it with MessageBox)
>
> Regards
>
> alain rattaire pisze:
>
> > I just migrated an application from PB7 (xp , oracle 9.0.2)
> > It massively uses datastores to create documents in batch mode
> > the application works fine under PB7
> > no rows are retrieved under PB111
> > the original dw works fine into the dw painter (retrieval is OK, 1 or
> > more row)
> > when running compiled, the datastores are empty
> > is there any trick to know about a new behavior ?
> > the application is compiled in PCode with pbd checked, evry dw has
> > only one retrieval arg
> > looking for clues
> > (other migrated applications using datastores have not this problem)


fisher <fisher_NO Posted on 2008-04-20 17:32:22.0Z
From: fisher <fisher_NO@SPAM_wckp.lodz.pl_PLEASE>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 (Windows/20080213)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: datastore retrieves 0 rows in PB111 after migration from PB7
References: <bc97ea77-aa3a-43a2-8d4a-da2bc9124ce7@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com> <4808f0d5@forums-1-dub> <0c8e22f9-cbda-418b-b62f-71cbc3430c2e@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>
In-Reply-To: <0c8e22f9-cbda-418b-b62f-71cbc3430c2e@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <480b7e26$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 20 Apr 2008 10:32:22 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1208712742 10.22.241.152 (20 Apr 2008 10:32:22 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 20 Apr 2008 10:32:22 -0700, vip152.sybase.com
Lines: 44
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:86678
Article PK: 415937

Glad I could help.

That's why I love tools like SQLMonitor from Quest
Regards

alain rattaire pisze:

> Hi,
> Of course you were right
> It was a database issue (oracle 9 client not well installed)
> Migration (pseudo) issues makes you act like a rookie, suspecting the
> new version to be responsible of odd behavior :-(
> You saved me a lot of time as I was looking everywhere except in the
> database
> thank you and best regards
> Alain
>
> On 18 avr, 21:04, fisher <fisher_NO@SPAM_wckp.lodz.pl_PLEASE> wrote:
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> Have you checked if dataobject is properly assigned ?
>> then check if your sql is being properly passed to DB (check v$session
>> view).
>> You can also put a trace on transaction (adding TRA in the beginning of
>> you transactions object DBMS property.
>> verify query in sqlpreview (for example display it with MessageBox)
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> alain rattaire pisze:
>>
>>> I just migrated an application from PB7 (xp , oracle 9.0.2)
>>> It massively uses datastores to create documents in batch mode
>>> the application works fine under PB7
>>> no rows are retrieved under PB111
>>> the original dw works fine into the dw painter (retrieval is OK, 1 or
>>> more row)
>>> when running compiled, the datastores are empty
>>> is there any trick to know about a new behavior ?
>>> the application is compiled in PCode with pbd checked, evry dw has
>>> only one retrieval arg
>>> looking for clues
>>> (other migrated applications using datastores have not this problem)
>
>