Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

DDDW display vs data column

7 posts in DataWindow Last posting was on 2010-01-11 16:08:45.0Z
SPD0060 Posted on 2010-01-10 22:48:14.0Z
From: SPD0060 <sdavis@archi-tech-ture.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: DDDW display vs data column
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:48:14 -0800 (PST)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 11
Message-ID: <d07a36c6-980e-4473-947b-9c8372d62cfd@f5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 64.53.242.64
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1263163694 29115 127.0.0.1 (10 Jan 2010 22:48:14 GMT)
X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:48:14 +0000 (UTC)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: f5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com; posting-host=64.53.242.64; posting-account=7tUaPAoAAACDDfZ3NgtZxqThSQtCiLrn
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.3; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master!newssvr.sybase.com!news-sj-1.sprintlink.net!news-peer1.sprintlink.net!nntp1.phx1.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!newsfeed.news2me.com!nx02.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.com!f5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90561
Article PK: 410165

I have DW with a tabular dataobject in it that has one column which is
a long. It has a dddw on it that displays a computed column
(concatenation of a name/company name) but of course stores the
contact id number. Even though the dddw retrieves properly ( I can
see the list names when I click the arrow) it only ever displays the
number. The display column is set to the name of the computed field.
I use the same mechanism on other dw and I can't see anything in the
code that I'm doing differently. Anyone have this happen before?
Ideas?

Thanks.


"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel Posted on 2010-01-10 23:10:10.0Z
From: "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <d07a36c6-980e-4473-947b-9c8372d62cfd@f5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: DDDW display vs data column
Lines: 26
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5579
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4b4a5e52@forums-1-dub>
Date: 10 Jan 2010 15:10:10 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1263165010 10.22.241.152 (10 Jan 2010 15:10:10 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Jan 2010 15:10:10 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
X-Authenticated-User: TeamSybase
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90562
Article PK: 410166

Quaint. Displaying the data column usually means the lookup failed. Hunch:
check the data types of the main column and DDDW data column.
And BTW it's a good idea to mention the PB version and build when posting a
question.

--
Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:
http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

"SPD0060" <sdavis@archi-tech-ture.com> wrote in message
news:d07a36c6-980e-4473-947b-9c8372d62cfd@f5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
>I have DW with a tabular dataobject in it that has one column which is
> a long. It has a dddw on it that displays a computed column
> (concatenation of a name/company name) but of course stores the
> contact id number. Even though the dddw retrieves properly ( I can
> see the list names when I click the arrow) it only ever displays the
> number. The display column is set to the name of the computed field.
> I use the same mechanism on other dw and I can't see anything in the
> code that I'm doing differently. Anyone have this happen before?
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks.


SPD0060 Posted on 2010-01-11 02:47:40.0Z
Sender: 4c8e.4b493403.1804289383@sybase.com
From: SPD0060
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: DDDW display vs data column
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4b4a914c.fd7.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4b4a5e52@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 10 Jan 2010 18:47:40 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1263178060 10.22.241.41 (10 Jan 2010 18:47:40 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 10 Jan 2010 18:47:40 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 31
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90563
Article PK: 410169

They are both Int in sql 2008 which in the dwo = long. I'm
using version 11.2 b 8542.

> Quaint. Displaying the data column usually means the
> lookup failed. Hunch: check the data types of the main
> column and DDDW data column. And BTW it's a good idea to
> mention the PB version and build when posting a question.
>
> --
> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
>
> "SPD0060" <sdavis@archi-tech-ture.com> wrote in message
> news:d07a36c6-980e-4473-947b-9c8372d62cfd@f5g2000yqh.googl
> egroups.com... >I have DW with a tabular dataobject in it
> > that has one column which is a long. It has a dddw on
> > it that displays a computed column (concatenation of a
> > name/company name) but of course stores the contact id
> > number. Even though the dddw retrieves properly ( I can
> see the list names when I click the arrow) it only ever
> > displays the number. The display column is set to the
> > name of the computed field. I use the same mechanism on
> > other dw and I can't see anything in the code that I'm
> > doing differently. Anyone have this happen before?
> Ideas? >
> > Thanks.
>
>


Jeremy Lakeman Posted on 2010-01-11 03:30:57.0Z
From: Jeremy Lakeman <jeremy.lakeman@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: DDDW display vs data column
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:30:57 -0800 (PST)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 15
Message-ID: <7908ae4f-80c8-4a13-8569-d35b3288c3ce@o35g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>
References: <d07a36c6-980e-4473-947b-9c8372d62cfd@f5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.122.242.105
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1263180660 807 127.0.0.1 (11 Jan 2010 03:31:00 GMT)
X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 03:31:00 +0000 (UTC)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: o35g2000vbl.googlegroups.com; posting-host=203.122.242.105; posting-account=euaBtgoAAAC_vDxfsxmpMKlBxHaHpmRS
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-Via: 1.1 fly.essential.com.au:3128 (squid/2.5.STABLE8), 1.0 asp.essential.intranet:3128 (squid/2.5.STABLE8)
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master!newssvr.sybase.com!news-sj-1.sprintlink.net!news-peer1.sprintlink.net!nntp1.phx1.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!nntp.gblx.net!newsfeed.news2me.com!nx01.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!198.186.194.250.MISMATCH!news-out.readnews.com!news-xxxfer.readnews.com!postnews.google.com!o35g2000vbl.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90564
Article PK: 410168


On Jan 11, 8:48 am, SPD0060 <sda...@archi-tech-ture.com> wrote:
> I have DW with a tabular dataobject in it that has one column which is
> a long.  It has a dddw on it that displays a computed column
> (concatenation of a name/company name) but of course stores the
> contact id number.  Even though the dddw retrieves properly ( I can
> see the list names when I click the arrow) it only ever displays the
> number.  The display column is set to the name of the computed field.
> I use the same mechanism on other dw and I can't see anything in the
> code that I'm doing differently.  Anyone have this happen before?
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks.

The order of the retrieve of the main dw and the dddw can be
important.


SPD0060 Posted on 2010-01-11 15:05:52.0Z
Sender: 230d.4b4b3ba4.1804289383@sybase.com
From: SPD0060
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: DDDW display vs data column
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4b4b3e50.234a.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <7908ae4f-80c8-4a13-8569-d35b3288c3ce@o35g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 11 Jan 2010 07:05:52 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1263222352 10.22.241.41 (11 Jan 2010 07:05:52 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Jan 2010 07:05:52 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 41
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90567
Article PK: 410170

I'm retrieving the main datawindow from the window open
event and then the dropdown is being retrieved right after
the main one in that retrieve event.

dw_user - pfc_retrieve event:
long ll_ret
ll_ret = this.Retrieve(il_ID)
this.inv_base.of_PopulateDDDW()
return ll_ret

pfc_populatedddw event:
long ll_rc
if not isnull(il_Case_id) then
ll_rc = getchild(as_colname, adwc_obj)
If ll_rc < 0 Then Return -1

ll_rc = adwc_obj.settransobject(sqlca)
If ll_rc < 0 Then Return -1

ll_rc = adwc_obj.retrieve(il_Case_Id)
If ll_rc < 0 Then Return -1
end if
Return 1

> On Jan 11, 8:48 am, SPD0060 <sda...@archi-tech-ture.com>
> > wrote: I have DW with a tabular dataobject in it that
> > has one column which is a long.  It has a dddw on it
> > that displays a computed column (concatenation of a
> > name/company name) but of course stores the contact id
> > number.  Even though the dddw retrieves properly ( I
can
> see the list names when I click the arrow) it only ever
> > displays the number.  The display column is set to the
> > name of the computed field. I use the same mechanism on
> > other dw and I can't see anything in the code that I'm
> > doing differently.  Anyone have this happen before?
> Ideas? >
> > Thanks.
>
> The order of the retrieve of the main dw and the dddw can
> be important.


<jeff> Posted on 2010-01-11 15:26:37.0Z
Reply-To: <jeff>
From: <jeff>
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
References: <7908ae4f-80c8-4a13-8569-d35b3288c3ce@o35g2000vbl.googlegroups.com> <4b4b3e50.234a.1681692777@sybase.com>
Subject: Re: DDDW display vs data column
Lines: 55
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: vip152.sybase.com
Message-ID: <4b4b432d$1@forums-1-dub>
Date: 11 Jan 2010 07:26:37 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1263223597 10.22.241.152 (11 Jan 2010 07:26:37 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Jan 2010 07:26:37 -0800, vip152.sybase.com
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90568
Article PK: 410173

redraw the data window after you populate the drop list.

or toggle the column with focus.

dw_user.setcolumn("A")
dw_user.SetColumn("B")
dw_user.setcolumn("A")

sounds like the datawindow is note re-drawing itself after the dddw's are
populated.

<SPD0060> wrote in message news:4b4b3e50.234a.1681692777@sybase.com...
I'm retrieving the main datawindow from the window open
event and then the dropdown is being retrieved right after
the main one in that retrieve event.

dw_user - pfc_retrieve event:
long ll_ret
ll_ret = this.Retrieve(il_ID)
this.inv_base.of_PopulateDDDW()
return ll_ret

pfc_populatedddw event:
long ll_rc
if not isnull(il_Case_id) then
ll_rc = getchild(as_colname, adwc_obj)
If ll_rc < 0 Then Return -1

ll_rc = adwc_obj.settransobject(sqlca)
If ll_rc < 0 Then Return -1

ll_rc = adwc_obj.retrieve(il_Case_Id)
If ll_rc < 0 Then Return -1
end if
Return 1

> On Jan 11, 8:48 am, SPD0060 <sda...@archi-tech-ture.com>
> > wrote: I have DW with a tabular dataobject in it that
> > has one column which is a long. It has a dddw on it
> > that displays a computed column (concatenation of a
> > name/company name) but of course stores the contact id
> > number. Even though the dddw retrieves properly ( I
can
> see the list names when I click the arrow) it only ever
> > displays the number. The display column is set to the
> > name of the computed field. I use the same mechanism on
> > other dw and I can't see anything in the code that I'm
> > doing differently. Anyone have this happen before?
> Ideas? >
> > Thanks.
>
> The order of the retrieve of the main dw and the dddw can
> be important.


SPD0060 Posted on 2010-01-11 16:08:45.0Z
Sender: 230d.4b4b3ba4.1804289383@sybase.com
From: SPD0060
Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Subject: Re: DDDW display vs data column
X-Mailer: WebNews to Mail Gateway v1.1t
Message-ID: <4b4b4d0c.2554.1681692777@sybase.com>
References: <4b4b432d$1@forums-1-dub>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.22.241.41
Date: 11 Jan 2010 08:08:45 -0800
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1263226125 10.22.241.41 (11 Jan 2010 08:08:45 -0800)
X-Original-Trace: 11 Jan 2010 08:08:45 -0800, 10.22.241.41
Lines: 62
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow:90569
Article PK: 410174

I tried a single dw_users.setcolumn("contact_id") and it
worked!

Why did I need to do it here but not somewhere else?
Because I have 2 dws on the window?

> redraw the data window after you populate the drop list.
>
> or toggle the column with focus.
>
> dw_user.setcolumn("A")
> dw_user.SetColumn("B")
> dw_user.setcolumn("A")
>
> sounds like the datawindow is note re-drawing itself after
> the dddw's are populated.
>
> <SPD0060> wrote in message
> news:4b4b3e50.234a.1681692777@sybase.com... I'm retrieving
> the main datawindow from the window open event and then
> the dropdown is being retrieved right after the main one
> in that retrieve event.
>
> dw_user - pfc_retrieve event:
> long ll_ret
> ll_ret = this.Retrieve(il_ID)
> this.inv_base.of_PopulateDDDW()
> return ll_ret
>
> pfc_populatedddw event:
> long ll_rc
> if not isnull(il_Case_id) then
> ll_rc = getchild(as_colname, adwc_obj)
> If ll_rc < 0 Then Return -1
>
> ll_rc = adwc_obj.settransobject(sqlca)
> If ll_rc < 0 Then Return -1
>
> ll_rc = adwc_obj.retrieve(il_Case_Id)
> If ll_rc < 0 Then Return -1
> end if
> Return 1
>
> > On Jan 11, 8:48 am, SPD0060 <sda...@archi-tech-ture.com>
> > > wrote: I have DW with a tabular dataobject in it that
> > > has one column which is a long. It has a dddw on it
> > > that displays a computed column (concatenation of a
> > > name/company name) but of course stores the contact id
> > > number. Even though the dddw retrieves properly ( I
> can
> > see the list names when I click the arrow) it only ever
> > > displays the number. The display column is set to the
> > > name of the computed field. I use the same mechanism
> > > on other dw and I can't see anything in the code that
> > > I'm doing differently. Anyone have this happen before?
> > Ideas? >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > The order of the retrieve of the main dw and the dddw
> > can be important.
>
>