Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Programmatically add plug-ins

5 posts in General Discussion Last posting was on 2003-07-31 11:49:29.0Z
Jill Pearson Posted on 2003-07-15 16:00:25.0Z
From: "Jill Pearson" <frodo@manger.co.uk>
Subject: Programmatically add plug-ins
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:00:25 +0100
Lines: 11
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
Message-ID: <ePwC5ruSDHA.342@forums-2-dub>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
NNTP-Posting-Host: sareenoffice.com 195.157.199.173
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1341
Article PK: 3576

Hello,

I want to register the ASA 8 plug-in for sybase programmatically, any clues
?

I really only am attempting this as when I have used the installshield
templates the plug-in is not correctly set up, or so it would appear.

Thanks


Eric Bencina Posted on 2003-07-16 14:03:52.0Z
From: "Eric Bencina" <no_spam_ebencina@sybase.com>
References: <ePwC5ruSDHA.342@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Programmatically add plug-ins
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:03:52 -0400
Lines: 26
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4807.1700
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4910.0300
Message-ID: <e9QJOR6SDHA.346@forums-2-dub>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
NNTP-Posting-Host: CPE005004a340cb-CM013060004537.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com 24.43.66.176
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1355
Article PK: 3590

Jill,

See this document for some hints (I assume you are trying to register the
plugin in Sybase Central 4.x):

http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1008994

Eric Bencina
iAnywhere Solutions

"Jill Pearson" <frodo@manger.co.uk> wrote in message
news:ePwC5ruSDHA.342@forums-2-dub...
> Hello,
>
> I want to register the ASA 8 plug-in for sybase programmatically, any
clues
> ?
>
> I really only am attempting this as when I have used the installshield
> templates the plug-in is not correctly set up, or so it would appear.
>
> Thanks
>
>


Frodo Posted on 2003-07-16 16:01:52.0Z
From: "Frodo" <frodo@manger.co.uk>
References: <ePwC5ruSDHA.342@forums-2-dub> <e9QJOR6SDHA.346@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Programmatically add plug-ins
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:01:52 +0100
Lines: 48
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
Message-ID: <#e2MHT7SDHA.342@forums-2-dub>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
NNTP-Posting-Host: sareenoffice.com 195.157.199.173
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1359
Article PK: 3594

Hi Eric,

Thanks for that, alas still the same problem.

If the Installshield templates worked then this would all be unneccessary,
but have found various other posts too where the java tools install just
does not work.

I am at the point where if I click on Sybase Central 4.1 when it gets to the
point that the Splash says "Loading Adaptive Server Anywhere 8 plug in" I
get an error of "The Adaptive Server Anywhere 9 Plug in failed to startup
properly and could not be loaded".

Will keep at it

Thanks

Jill

"Eric Bencina" <no_spam_ebencina@sybase.com> wrote in message
news:e9QJOR6SDHA.346@forums-2-dub...
> Jill,
>
> See this document for some hints (I assume you are trying to register the
> plugin in Sybase Central 4.x):
>
> http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1008994
>
> Eric Bencina
> iAnywhere Solutions
>
> "Jill Pearson" <frodo@manger.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:ePwC5ruSDHA.342@forums-2-dub...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to register the ASA 8 plug-in for sybase programmatically, any
> clues
> > ?
> >
> > I really only am attempting this as when I have used the installshield
> > templates the plug-in is not correctly set up, or so it would appear.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >
>
>


Reg Domaratzki Posted on 2003-07-17 14:13:57.0Z
From: "Reg Domaratzki" <rdomarat__AT__ianywhere__DOT__com>
References: <ePwC5ruSDHA.342@forums-2-dub> <e9QJOR6SDHA.346@forums-2-dub> <#e2MHT7SDHA.342@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Programmatically add plug-ins
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:13:57 -0400
Lines: 141
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
Message-ID: <OdpBZ7GTDHA.342@forums-2-dub>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
NNTP-Posting-Host: rdomarat-pc.sybase.com 172.31.143.163
Path: forums-1-dub!forums-master.sybase.com!forums-2-dub.sybase.com
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1373
Article PK: 3607

Jill, I never run the ASA install on my machine at work, but use a perl
script to modify registry entries so that the Sybase Central plug-ins work
properly. I set the following registry entries, and also need to create a
.scRepository file in the 'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared\Sybase Central 4.1'
directory. I've included the contents of the file after the registry
settings. Let me know if the news reader messes up the line formatting
beyond comprehension and I'll attach files instead.

Registry :

Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Adaptive Server
Anywhere\8.0\jConnect Location', 'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared\jConnect-5_5',
REG_SZ);
Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Adaptive Server
Anywhere\8.0\Location', 'd:\sybase\asa80', REG_SZ);
Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Adaptive Server Anywhere\8.0\Shared
Location', 'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared', REG_SZ);
Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Adaptive Server
Anywhere\8.0\HelpSystem', 'HTML Help', REG_SZ);
Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Adaptive Server
Anywhere\8.0\Language', 'EN', REG_SZ);
Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Adaptive Server
Anywhere\8.0\Folder', 'asa80', REG_SZ);

Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Shared
Location', 'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared', REG_SZ);
Set(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Shared Location',
'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared', REG_SZ);
Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Additional
Classpath',
'd:\sybase\asa80\java\jlogon.jar;d:\sybase\asa80\Shared\jConnect-5_5\classes
\jconn2.jar;d:\sybase\asa80\java\jodbc.jar', REG_SZ);
Set(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Additional
Classpath',
'd:\sybase\asa80\java\jlogon.jar;d:\sybase\asa80\Shared\jConnect-5_5\classes
\jconn2.jar;d:\sybase\asa80\java\jodbc.jar', REG_SZ);
Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Location',
'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared\Sybase Central 4.1', REG_SZ);
Set(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Location',
'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared\Sybase Central 4.1', REG_SZ);
Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Language', 'EN',
REG_SZ);
Set(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Language', 'EN',
REG_SZ);

.scRepository :

# Thu Jun 12 14:56:48 EDT 2003
#
#
#
#
SCRepositoryInfo/Version=4
#
Providers/asa80/Name=Adaptive Server Anywhere 8
Providers/asa80/Classpath=d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\asaplugin.jar
Providers/asa80/UseClassloader=true
Providers/asa80/AdditionalClasspath=d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\isql.jar;d:\\sy
base\\asa80\\java\\asa.jar;d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\ProcDebug.jar;d:\\sybase
\\asa80\\Shared\\java\\JComponents13.jar;d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\xerces.jar
;d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\xml4j.jar
Providers/asa80/Version=8.0.2.4258
Providers/asa80/ProviderId=asa80
Providers/asa80/Provider=com.sybase.asiq.plugin.ASAPlugin
#
Providers/mobilink80/Name=MobiLink Synchronization
Providers/mobilink80/Classpath=d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\mlplugin.jar
Providers/mobilink80/UseClassloader=true
Providers/mobilink80/AdditionalClasspath=d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\asa.jar
Providers/mobilink80/ProviderId=mobilink80
Providers/mobilink80/Version=8.0.2.4258
Providers/mobilink80/Provider=com.sybase.mec.mobilink.plugin.MLPlugin
#
#
#


--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
Please reply only to the newsgroup

iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
-> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
-> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL

"Frodo" <frodo@manger.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%23e2MHT7SDHA.342@forums-2-dub...
> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for that, alas still the same problem.
>
> If the Installshield templates worked then this would all be unneccessary,
> but have found various other posts too where the java tools install just
> does not work.
>
> I am at the point where if I click on Sybase Central 4.1 when it gets to
the
> point that the Splash says "Loading Adaptive Server Anywhere 8 plug in" I
> get an error of "The Adaptive Server Anywhere 9 Plug in failed to startup
> properly and could not be loaded".
>
> Will keep at it
>
> Thanks
>
> Jill
> "Eric Bencina" <no_spam_ebencina@sybase.com> wrote in message
> news:e9QJOR6SDHA.346@forums-2-dub...
> > Jill,
> >
> > See this document for some hints (I assume you are trying to register
the
> > plugin in Sybase Central 4.x):
> >
> > http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1008994
> >
> > Eric Bencina
> > iAnywhere Solutions
> >
> > "Jill Pearson" <frodo@manger.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:ePwC5ruSDHA.342@forums-2-dub...
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I want to register the ASA 8 plug-in for sybase programmatically, any
> > clues
> > > ?
> > >
> > > I really only am attempting this as when I have used the installshield
> > > templates the plug-in is not correctly set up, or so it would appear.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


Frodo Posted on 2003-07-31 11:49:29.0Z
From: "Frodo" <frodo@manger.co.uk>
Newsgroups: ianywhere.public.general
References: <ePwC5ruSDHA.342@forums-2-dub> <e9QJOR6SDHA.346@forums-2-dub> <#e2MHT7SDHA.342@forums-2-dub> <OdpBZ7GTDHA.342@forums-2-dub>
Subject: Re: Programmatically add plug-ins
Lines: 1425
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
NNTP-Posting-Host: 195.157.192.12
X-Original-NNTP-Posting-Host: 195.157.192.12
Message-ID: <3f290249@forums-1-dub>
Date: 31 Jul 2003 04:49:29 -0700
X-Trace: forums-1-dub 1059652169 195.157.192.12 (31 Jul 2003 04:49:29 -0700)
X-Original-Trace: 31 Jul 2003 04:49:29 -0700, 195.157.192.12
Path: forums-1-dub!not-for-mail
Xref: forums-1-dub ianywhere.public.general:1487
Article PK: 3717

Hello,

Thanks for help but still having problems, when I try to manually register
the ASA plug in I get:

+-----------------+

| Stack Trace |

+-----------------+



Current thread: AWT-EventQueue-0

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sybase/asa/util/ServiceSet

at com.sybase.asiq.plugin.ServiceSetBO.<init>(ServiceSetBO.java)

at com.sybase.asiq.plugin.ProviderBO.open(ProviderBO.java)

at com.sybase.central.viewer.ScopePane.selectTreeItem(ScopePane.java)

at com.sybase.central.viewer.ScopePane.showPopupMenu(ScopePane.java)

at com.sybase.central.viewer.ScopePane$1.mouseReleased(ScopePane.java)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)







+--------------------+

| Sybase Central |

+--------------------+



Version: 4.1.0.1027





+-------------+

| Java VM |

+-------------+



Total memory: 5525504

Free memory: 2389792

System properties:

awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit

file.encoding=Cp1252

file.encoding.pkg=sun.io

file.separator=\

java.awt.fonts=

java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment

java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob


java.class.path=C:\PROGRA~1\JPNEWS~1\ASA\shared\SYBASE~1.1\SYBASE~1.JAR;C:\P
ROGRA~1\JPNEWS~1\ASA\shared\java\JSYBLI~1.JAR;C:\PROGRA~1\JPNEWS~1\ASA\share
d\java\HELPMA~1.JAR;C:\PROGRA~1\JPNEWS~1\ASA\shared\java\SCEDIT~1.JAR;C:\PRO
GRA~1\JPNEWS~1\ASA\shared\java\SCEDIT~1.JAR;C:\PROGRA~1\JPNEWS~1\ASA\shared\
SYBASE~1.1\JCCHAR~1.JAR;C:\PROGRA~1\JPNEWS~1\ASA\java\jlogon.jar;C:\PROGRA~1
\JPNEWS~1\ASA\shared\JCONNE~2\classes\jconn2.jar;

java.class.version=47.0

java.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files\jpnewsyb2\ASA\shared\sun\jre131\lib\ext

java.home=C:\Program Files\jpnewsyb2\ASA\shared\sun\jre131

java.io.tmpdir=C:\DOCUME~1\Jill\LOCALS~1\Temp\

java.library.path=C:\Program Files\jpnewsyb2\ASA\shared\Sybase Central
4.1;.;C:\WINDOWS\System32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDO
WS\system32\WBEM;C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 8\win32;C:\Program
Files\Sybase\Shared\win32

java.runtime.name=Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition

java.runtime.version=1.3.1_01

java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification

java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

java.specification.version=1.3

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/

java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi

java.version=1.3.1_01

java.vm.info=mixed mode

java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification

java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

java.vm.specification.version=1.0

java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

java.vm.version=1.3.1_01

line.separator=



os.arch=x86

os.name=Windows 2000

os.version=5.1

path.separator=;

sun.awt.exception.handler=com.sybase.util.ExceptionHandler


sun.boot.class.path=C:\PROGRA~1\JPNEWS~1\ASA\shared\java\JRE131~1.JAR;C:\PRO
GRA~1\JPNEWS~1\ASA\shared\sun\jre131\lib\rt.jar;C:\PROGRA~1\JPNEWS~1\ASA\sha
red\sun\jre131\lib\i18n.jar

sun.boot.library.path=C:\Program
Files\jpnewsyb2\ASA\shared\sun\jre131\bin

sun.cpu.endian=little

sun.cpu.isalist=pentium i486 i386

sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle

sybase.jsyblib.dll.location=C:\PROGRA~1\JPNEWS~1\ASA\shared\win32\

user.dir=C:\Program Files\jpnewsyb2\ASA\shared\Sybase Central 4.1

user.home=C:\Documents and Settings\Jill

user.language=en

user.name=Jill

user.region=GB

user.timezone=Europe/London





+-------------------+

| Java Packages |

+-------------------+



Package: com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: com.sybase.asa.logon

Implementation title: JDBC Connection Library

Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Implementation version: 8.0.0

Specification title: JDBC Connection Library

Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Specification version: 8.0.0



Package: com.sybase.central

Implementation title: Sybase Central

Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Implementation version: 4.1.0.1027

Specification title: Sybase Central

Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Specification version: 4.1.0.1027



Package: com.sybase.central.editor

Implementation title: Sybase Central Editor

Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Implementation version: 4.0.2

Specification title: Sybase Central Editor

Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Specification version: 4.0.2



Package: com.sybase.central.lang

Implementation title: Sybase Central

Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Implementation version: 4.1.0.1027

Specification title: Sybase Central

Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Specification version: 4.1.0.1027



Package: com.sybase.central.viewer

Implementation title: Sybase Central

Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Implementation version: 4.1.0.1027

Specification title: Sybase Central

Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Specification version: 4.1.0.1027



Package: com.sybase.helpManager

Implementation title: HelpManager classes

Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Implementation version: 11

Specification title: HelpManager classes

Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Specification version: 11



Package: com.sybase.util

Implementation title: Application-Independent Java Utility Library

Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Implementation version: null

Specification title: Application-Independent Java Utility Library

Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Specification version: null



Package: com.sybase.util.win32

Implementation title: Application-Independent Java Utility Library

Implementation vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Implementation version: null

Specification title: Application-Independent Java Utility Library

Specification vendor: Sybase, Inc.

Specification version: null



Package: java.applet

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.awt

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.awt.color

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.awt.datatransfer

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.awt.dnd

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.awt.dnd.peer

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.awt.event

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.awt.font

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.awt.geom

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.awt.im

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.awt.im.spi

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.awt.image

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.awt.peer

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.beans

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.io

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.lang

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.lang.ref

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.lang.reflect

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.net

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.security

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.security.cert

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.sql

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.text

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.text.resources

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.util

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.util.jar

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: java.util.zip

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: javax.accessibility

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: javax.swing

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: javax.swing.border

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: javax.swing.event

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: javax.swing.filechooser

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: javax.swing.plaf

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: javax.swing.plaf.basic

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: javax.swing.table

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: javax.swing.text

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: javax.swing.tree

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: javax.swing.undo

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.awt

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.awt.color

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.awt.dnd

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.awt.font

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.awt.im

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.awt.image

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.awt.windows

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.io

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.java2d

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.java2d.loops

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.java2d.pipe

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.misc

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.net.www

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.net.www.protocol.file

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.net.www.protocol.jar

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.security.action

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.security.provider

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3



Package: sun.security.util

Implementation title: Java Runtime Environment

Implementation vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Implementation version: 1.3.1_01

Specification title: Java Platform API Specification

Specification vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Specification version: 1.3


Any ideas ?

Thanks

"Reg Domaratzki" <rdomarat__AT__ianywhere__DOT__com> wrote in message
news:OdpBZ7GTDHA.342@forums-2-dub...
> Jill, I never run the ASA install on my machine at work, but use a perl
> script to modify registry entries so that the Sybase Central plug-ins work
> properly. I set the following registry entries, and also need to create a
> .scRepository file in the 'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared\Sybase Central 4.1'
> directory. I've included the contents of the file after the registry
> settings. Let me know if the news reader messes up the line formatting
> beyond comprehension and I'll attach files instead.
>
> Registry :
>
> Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Adaptive Server
> Anywhere\8.0\jConnect Location', 'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared\jConnect-5_5',
> REG_SZ);
> Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Adaptive Server
> Anywhere\8.0\Location', 'd:\sybase\asa80', REG_SZ);
> Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Adaptive Server
Anywhere\8.0\Shared
> Location', 'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared', REG_SZ);
> Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Adaptive Server
> Anywhere\8.0\HelpSystem', 'HTML Help', REG_SZ);
> Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Adaptive Server
> Anywhere\8.0\Language', 'EN', REG_SZ);
> Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Adaptive Server
> Anywhere\8.0\Folder', 'asa80', REG_SZ);
>
> Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Shared
> Location', 'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared', REG_SZ);
> Set(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Shared
Location',
> 'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared', REG_SZ);
> Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Additional
> Classpath',
>
'd:\sybase\asa80\java\jlogon.jar;d:\sybase\asa80\Shared\jConnect-5_5\classes
> \jconn2.jar;d:\sybase\asa80\java\jodbc.jar', REG_SZ);
> Set(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Additional
> Classpath',
>
'd:\sybase\asa80\java\jlogon.jar;d:\sybase\asa80\Shared\jConnect-5_5\classes
> \jconn2.jar;d:\sybase\asa80\java\jodbc.jar', REG_SZ);
> Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Location',
> 'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared\Sybase Central 4.1', REG_SZ);
> Set(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Location',
> 'd:\sybase\asa80\Shared\Sybase Central 4.1', REG_SZ);
> Set(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Language',
'EN',
> REG_SZ);
> Set(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, 'SOFTWARE\Sybase\Sybase Central\4.1\Language',
'EN',
> REG_SZ);
>
> .scRepository :
>
> # Thu Jun 12 14:56:48 EDT 2003
> #
> #
> #
> #
> SCRepositoryInfo/Version=4
> #
> Providers/asa80/Name=Adaptive Server Anywhere 8
> Providers/asa80/Classpath=d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\asaplugin.jar
> Providers/asa80/UseClassloader=true
>
Providers/asa80/AdditionalClasspath=d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\isql.jar;d:\\sy
>
base\\asa80\\java\\asa.jar;d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\ProcDebug.jar;d:\\sybase
>
\\asa80\\Shared\\java\\JComponents13.jar;d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\xerces.jar
> ;d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\xml4j.jar
> Providers/asa80/Version=8.0.2.4258
> Providers/asa80/ProviderId=asa80
> Providers/asa80/Provider=com.sybase.asiq.plugin.ASAPlugin
> #
> Providers/mobilink80/Name=MobiLink Synchronization
> Providers/mobilink80/Classpath=d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\mlplugin.jar
> Providers/mobilink80/UseClassloader=true
> Providers/mobilink80/AdditionalClasspath=d:\\sybase\\asa80\\java\\asa.jar
> Providers/mobilink80/ProviderId=mobilink80
> Providers/mobilink80/Version=8.0.2.4258
> Providers/mobilink80/Provider=com.sybase.mec.mobilink.plugin.MLPlugin
> #
> #
> #
>
>
> --
> Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
> Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
> Please reply only to the newsgroup
>
> iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
> -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL
>
> "Frodo" <frodo@manger.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:%23e2MHT7SDHA.342@forums-2-dub...
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > Thanks for that, alas still the same problem.
> >
> > If the Installshield templates worked then this would all be
unneccessary,
> > but have found various other posts too where the java tools install just
> > does not work.
> >
> > I am at the point where if I click on Sybase Central 4.1 when it gets to
> the
> > point that the Splash says "Loading Adaptive Server Anywhere 8 plug in"
I
> > get an error of "The Adaptive Server Anywhere 9 Plug in failed to
startup
> > properly and could not be loaded".
> >
> > Will keep at it
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jill
> > "Eric Bencina" <no_spam_ebencina@sybase.com> wrote in message
> > news:e9QJOR6SDHA.346@forums-2-dub...
> > > Jill,
> > >
> > > See this document for some hints (I assume you are trying to register
> the
> > > plugin in Sybase Central 4.x):
> > >
> > > http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1008994
> > >
> > > Eric Bencina
> > > iAnywhere Solutions
> > >
> > > "Jill Pearson" <frodo@manger.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > news:ePwC5ruSDHA.342@forums-2-dub...
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > I want to register the ASA 8 plug-in for sybase programmatically,
any
> > > clues
> > > > ?
> > > >
> > > > I really only am attempting this as when I have used the
installshield
> > > > templates the plug-in is not correctly set up, or so it would
appear.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>