Sybase NNTP forums - End Of Life (EOL)

The NNTP forums from Sybase - forums.sybase.com - are now closed.

All new questions should be directed to the appropriate forum at the SAP Community Network (SCN).

Individual products have links to the respective forums on SCN, or you can go to SCN and search for your product in the search box (upper right corner) to find your specific developer center.

Replication of free tables in dictionary

4 posts in Replication Last posting was on 2010-06-25 15:28:25.0Z
DrBob Posted on 2010-06-24 05:16:26.0Z
From: DrBob <nts@normist.com.au>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Replication
Subject: Replication of free tables in dictionary
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:16:26 +1000
Message-ID: <s0q526h019pgfobh1n281un6tq6g2st99m@4ax.com>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 6.00/32.1186
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.143.254.86
X-Trace: 23 Jun 2010 23:13:42 -0700, 203.143.254.86
Lines: 50
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!203.143.254.86
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Replication:395
Article PK: 1134248

Hi,

I have ADS 9.10.0.0
I have two sites with two dictionaries
The dictinaries are published and subscribed to each other.

If any changes in either datasets is changes using the data
architecture then the corrisponding change is made in the other
dataset.

Replication works !

However,

when my LOB appliction is run, it appears that the program although
using ADS server to access the files, appears to write direct to the
dbf file direct.

I have tried starting ADS and then connecting to both data
dictionaries at both sites ie HQ is connectied to HQ and REM1 and REM1
is connected to REM1 and HQ
I have opened the targeted tables at both sites (only monitoring 3 at
the moment)

I have launched the LOB at REM1 and made 1 change.
closed the LOB
refreshed the table at REM1 data dictionary to make sure the change
was noted in the directory (unnessasary i know)

Gone to HQ and refreshed the corresponding table in the HQ data
dictionary

The cell was not changed.


What am I doing wrong to replicate these free tables ?

Config

data dictionary connection

TableType adt
server type remote
locking mode proprietary
DBFTableType vfp


Thanks

Rob


Lance Schmidt Posted on 2010-06-24 15:28:50.0Z
From: "Lance Schmidt" <LanceSc@ExtendSys.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Replication
References: <s0q526h019pgfobh1n281un6tq6g2st99m@4ax.com>
Subject: Re: Replication of free tables in dictionary
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:28:50 -0600
Lines: 63
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5931
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.38.117
Message-ID: <4c23790b@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 24 Jun 2010 09:26:03 -0700, 10.24.38.117
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.38.117
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Replication:396
Article PK: 1134250

Hi,

Does your LOB application connect to the data dictionaries?

Best Regards,

Lance Schmidt
Advantage R&D

"DrBob" <nts@normist.com.au> wrote in message
news:s0q526h019pgfobh1n281un6tq6g2st99m@4ax.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have ADS 9.10.0.0
> I have two sites with two dictionaries
> The dictinaries are published and subscribed to each other.
>
> If any changes in either datasets is changes using the data
> architecture then the corrisponding change is made in the other
> dataset.
>
> Replication works !
>
> However,
>
> when my LOB appliction is run, it appears that the program although
> using ADS server to access the files, appears to write direct to the
> dbf file direct.
>
> I have tried starting ADS and then connecting to both data
> dictionaries at both sites ie HQ is connectied to HQ and REM1 and REM1
> is connected to REM1 and HQ
> I have opened the targeted tables at both sites (only monitoring 3 at
> the moment)
>
> I have launched the LOB at REM1 and made 1 change.
> closed the LOB
> refreshed the table at REM1 data dictionary to make sure the change
> was noted in the directory (unnessasary i know)
>
> Gone to HQ and refreshed the corresponding table in the HQ data
> dictionary
>
> The cell was not changed.
>
>
> What am I doing wrong to replicate these free tables ?
>
> Config
>
> data dictionary connection
>
> TableType adt
> server type remote
> locking mode proprietary
> DBFTableType vfp
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Rob


DrBob <nts Posted on 2010-06-25 00:07:06.0Z
From: DrBob <nts @ normist .com . au>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Replication
Subject: Re: Replication of free tables in dictionary
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:07:06 +1000
Message-ID: <nns726tcs0gvf5rmhui5elrgnssupnblr6@4ax.com>
References: <s0q526h019pgfobh1n281un6tq6g2st99m@4ax.com> <4c23790b@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 6.00/32.1186
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
NNTP-Posting-Host: 203.143.254.86
X-Trace: 24 Jun 2010 18:04:22 -0700, 203.143.254.86
Lines: 74
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!203.143.254.86
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Replication:397
Article PK: 1134249

Hi Lance,

No the LOB does not connect to a dictionary, I made them and attached
the tables manually.

Rob



On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:28:50 -0600, "Lance Schmidt"

<LanceSc@ExtendSys.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does your LOB application connect to the data dictionaries?
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Lance Schmidt
>Advantage R&D
>
>"DrBob" <nts@normist.com.au> wrote in message
>news:s0q526h019pgfobh1n281un6tq6g2st99m@4ax.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have ADS 9.10.0.0
>> I have two sites with two dictionaries
>> The dictinaries are published and subscribed to each other.
>>
>> If any changes in either datasets is changes using the data
>> architecture then the corrisponding change is made in the other
>> dataset.
>>
>> Replication works !
>>
>> However,
>>
>> when my LOB appliction is run, it appears that the program although
>> using ADS server to access the files, appears to write direct to the
>> dbf file direct.
>>
>> I have tried starting ADS and then connecting to both data
>> dictionaries at both sites ie HQ is connectied to HQ and REM1 and REM1
>> is connected to REM1 and HQ
>> I have opened the targeted tables at both sites (only monitoring 3 at
>> the moment)
>>
>> I have launched the LOB at REM1 and made 1 change.
>> closed the LOB
>> refreshed the table at REM1 data dictionary to make sure the change
>> was noted in the directory (unnessasary i know)
>>
>> Gone to HQ and refreshed the corresponding table in the HQ data
>> dictionary
>>
>> The cell was not changed.
>>
>>
>> What am I doing wrong to replicate these free tables ?
>>
>> Config
>>
>> data dictionary connection
>>
>> TableType adt
>> server type remote
>> locking mode proprietary
>> DBFTableType vfp
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Rob
>


Lance Schmidt Posted on 2010-06-25 15:28:25.0Z
From: "Lance Schmidt" <LanceSc@ExtendSys.com>
Newsgroups: Advantage.Replication
References: <s0q526h019pgfobh1n281un6tq6g2st99m@4ax.com> <4c23790b@solutions.advantagedatabase.com> <nns726tcs0gvf5rmhui5elrgnssupnblr6@4ax.com>
Subject: Re: Replication of free tables in dictionary
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 09:28:25 -0600
Lines: 88
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5931
NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.24.38.117
Message-ID: <4c24ca71@solutions.advantagedatabase.com>
X-Trace: 25 Jun 2010 09:25:37 -0700, 10.24.38.117
Path: solutions.advantagedatabase.com!10.24.38.117
Xref: solutions.advantagedatabase.com Advantage.Replication:398
Article PK: 1134251

Hi Rob,

The LOB will need to connect to the data dictionary, so the server will know
to replicate the changes unless I misunderstood your architecture.

Best Regards,

Lance Schmidt
Advantage R&D

"DrBob" <nts @ normist .com . au> wrote in message
news:nns726tcs0gvf5rmhui5elrgnssupnblr6@4ax.com...
> Hi Lance,
>
> No the LOB does not connect to a dictionary, I made them and attached
> the tables manually.
>
> Rob
>
>
>
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:28:50 -0600, "Lance Schmidt"
> <LanceSc@ExtendSys.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Does your LOB application connect to the data dictionaries?
>>
>>Best Regards,
>>
>>Lance Schmidt
>>Advantage R&D
>>
>>"DrBob" <nts@normist.com.au> wrote in message
>>news:s0q526h019pgfobh1n281un6tq6g2st99m@4ax.com...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have ADS 9.10.0.0
>>> I have two sites with two dictionaries
>>> The dictinaries are published and subscribed to each other.
>>>
>>> If any changes in either datasets is changes using the data
>>> architecture then the corrisponding change is made in the other
>>> dataset.
>>>
>>> Replication works !
>>>
>>> However,
>>>
>>> when my LOB appliction is run, it appears that the program although
>>> using ADS server to access the files, appears to write direct to the
>>> dbf file direct.
>>>
>>> I have tried starting ADS and then connecting to both data
>>> dictionaries at both sites ie HQ is connectied to HQ and REM1 and REM1
>>> is connected to REM1 and HQ
>>> I have opened the targeted tables at both sites (only monitoring 3 at
>>> the moment)
>>>
>>> I have launched the LOB at REM1 and made 1 change.
>>> closed the LOB
>>> refreshed the table at REM1 data dictionary to make sure the change
>>> was noted in the directory (unnessasary i know)
>>>
>>> Gone to HQ and refreshed the corresponding table in the HQ data
>>> dictionary
>>>
>>> The cell was not changed.
>>>
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong to replicate these free tables ?
>>>
>>> Config
>>>
>>> data dictionary connection
>>>
>>> TableType adt
>>> server type remote
>>> locking mode proprietary
>>> DBFTableType vfp
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Rob
>>